Font display wacky in Modo Drum

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Re: Font display wacky in Modo Drum

Postby celioaraujo » Fri May 07, 2021 3:34 pm

Yes, I totally agree. There is a bug to be fixed there. Since the OP already contacted support and obtained the workaround from them, I am assuming they are aware of the issue and will fix next update. I have also opened a ticket with them to increase attention to the problem.
celioaraujo

Postby Chasdaddi » Fri May 07, 2021 7:17 pm

That is what support sent to me.
System Specs: 2019 AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8 Core 3.40 GHz 16GB Ram 64 Bit Windows 10 Pro 1903. Radeon RX 580 Dual Screen.
Cubase Pro 10.5, Steinberg UR44 Audio Interface, Roland TD9 V Drums, Superior Drummer 3, T-RackS 5 Total Studio MAX 2,
Chasdaddi

Postby Chasdaddi » Fri May 21, 2021 5:30 am

MODO Drum has a lot of potential, there are a lot of options to tweak sounds. I think it is geared more for the finger player. (I am not real good at it) I mainly use SD3 with my Roland TD9 V-Drums. I have copied a midi track that I have played and loaded it into a MODO Drum track in Cubase and gotten some good results. Win 8.1? might be time to upgrade, I'm sure there is no support from Microsoft.
System Specs: 2019 AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 8 Core 3.40 GHz 16GB Ram 64 Bit Windows 10 Pro 1903. Radeon RX 580 Dual Screen.
Cubase Pro 10.5, Steinberg UR44 Audio Interface, Roland TD9 V Drums, Superior Drummer 3, T-RackS 5 Total Studio MAX 2,
Chasdaddi

Postby smokeyj628 » Fri May 21, 2021 8:38 pm

MODO Drums is still listed as working on Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.

I determined the font that it is using, and my plan was to delete the font and then reopen MODO Drums (basically forcing it to use a different font). This worked for others in the past. However, the font it is using is a system protected font so I can't delete it.

Again, I wonder why MODO Drums has issues with fonts at all.

See this post from 2019 with the exact same issue: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=22067

And ST 4 had to be updated due to a similar font issue.
smokeyj628

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 21, 2021 9:02 pm

Posts here on a user-to-user discussion forum aren't going to get anything updated. Issues need to be reported to IK Support who will recreate and if necessary will open a bug with the developers to get it fixed.

If you haven't done so already, please report this issue to the IK Support team and they'll take it from there.

Thanks!
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby smokeyj628 » Sat May 22, 2021 6:12 pm

Yes, I have a support ticket for this.

[mod redacted - not relevant, you have a support ticket for the issue you are having and they will assist you]
smokeyj628

Postby smokeyj628 » Tue May 25, 2021 4:58 pm

Got a response from the support team.

It was a cut and paste of the Windows 10 response posted earlier in this thread even though I noted in my ticket that I was on Windows 8.1 and the fonts folder is not located there in Windows 8.1.

They also did not attach the fonts that I was supposed to install to their email back to me, so it was not helpful.

I sent a reply seeking further assistance. I'm down to just a couple days left on the demo period.

[mod redacted - please review the rules before posting, noting the rules about moderation specifically]
smokeyj628

Previous

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS