Lodestar - instrumental with a lot of help from friends

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Lodestar - instrumental with a lot of help from friends

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Fri May 14, 2021 7:20 pm

In the spirit of sharing some past collaborations, this instrumental piece of mine is from late 2018. I suppose I have a penchant for sounds/vibes from around the Mediterranean and this track has some jazzy elements too.

I played the classical guitar and keys and then shared the idea with a couple friends who were great enough to inject fretless bass (Paul) and percussion instruments (Joe - Djembe (12”), Remo Vibra-slap, 8” splash and a container of sesame seeds) shortly thereafter and their input took the track to another level.

What you have here is that recording but I’ve taken the opportunity to update this older track with newer goodies from the IK arsenal and this is also the first recording I’ve posted that uses the Lurssen mastering console so hope that went well.

IK stuff:
AT5 - SVX500 bass rig
ST4, Miroslav and Alan Parsons - various pianos (Berlin, Bright Grand, Imperial Grand)
TR5 - Sunset sound (ISO, Chamber, Live rooms), ONE
Lurssen Mastering Console

Hope you enjoy and lemme know how it goes…
Michael

mklankin@hotmail.com

Re: Lodestar - instrumental with a lot of help from friends

Postby danwilson5 » Sat May 15, 2021 5:37 am

Hi Michael,

So tasteful. Keep it coming. This song is has the perfect vibe as we head into summer.

Dan
danwilson5

Return to The Jam Session