T-⁠RackS Comprexxor Now Available

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-⁠RackS Comprexxor Now Available

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 12, 2021 7:49 pm

The new Swiss Army knife of compressor plug-ins

May 13, 2021 – IK Multimedia releases T-RackS Comprexxor, based on one of the most flexible and creative analog compressors ever made. With eight selectable curves, selectable 2nd or 3rd order harmonic saturation, high-pass/band-pass filters on the sidechain path and much more, Comprexxor delivers endless sonic flexibility, whether that's emulating classic sounds of the past or inspiring new ones for tomorrow.

All the best in one

Comprexxor features eight selectable ratio curves representing legendary analog compressor designs and others only imagined. Each ratio selection features its own threshold setting starting from the 1:1 mode, which adds warmth without compression, all the way to the MAX setting, which is a dramatic brick-wall limiting curve.

Comprexxor can also be set to work as a traditional opto-compressor, proving why that technology is still so popular today. By simply adjusting the attack and release controls while in the optical mode, users can give new life to any element in the mix.

Inspiring new sounds

Users who experiment with Comprexxor as a distortion module will find a whole new realm of sound-shaping at their fingertips. By selecting the first ratio setting and tweaking to taste, or engaging the 4-button effect of the GB mode, users can instantly add grit and character to any track.

Colorful warmth

Comprexxor lets users add color or warm up their digitally recorded tracks in sublime ways. The color section offers 2nd order ("tube-like") or 3rd order ("tape-like") harmonic distortion with dedicated controls for adding exactly the right amount. The color engine is designed to make coloring and warming up audio easy and effective.

More sonic tools

Comprexxor also offers controls for defining sound before the signal hits the compressor. The advanced sidechain section allows users to focus exactly on the frequencies they want to process via two adjustable filters, offering a powerful and creative way to optimize compression and distortion right from the start.

Thanks to IK's 25 years of developing advanced modeling technologies, T-RackS Comprexxor manages all this flexible sound-shaping in one easy-to-use plug-in, and comes with a variety of presets to get users quickly mixing and mastering in new and different ways.

Pricing and availability

T-RackS Comprexxor is currently available for purchase from the IK Multimedia online store and from IK authorized dealers worldwide for a limited-time introductory price of $/€99.99* (reg. $/€129.99).

Through June 30, 2021, owners of five or more T-RackS Processors and owners of T-RackS 5 SE, T-RackS 5, T-RackS 5 Deluxe or T-RackS 5 MAX will automatically receive a 30% discount when purchasing T-RackS Comprexxor through the IK Multimedia online store (for those who qualify, the coupon code is automatically applied in your cart when logged in).

All current Total Studio 3 MAX users and those who purchase Total Studio 3 MAX before June 30, 2021, will receive a free copy of T-RackS Comprexxor.

*All pricing excluding taxes

For more information about T-RackS Comprexxor, please visit: www.ikmultimedia.com/trcomprexxor
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: T-⁠RackS Comprexxor Now Available

Postby twilson74 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:44 pm

Thanks IK for making this free for those of us who had already bought Total Studio 3 Max. :)

Looks like a cool and powerful piece of gear-- the info says it's "based on one of the most flexible and creative analog compressors ever made". I'm kind of a noob in this regard; can someone give me a hint what piece of gear it's modeled on?
twilson74

Postby czoli » Fri May 14, 2021 6:34 am

Will this be available to buy through the Custom Shop? And if so when?
czoli

Postby yann_ » Fri May 14, 2021 1:26 pm

twilson74 wrote:Thanks IK for making this free for those of us who had already bought Total Studio 3 Max. :)

Looks like a cool and powerful piece of gear-- the info says it's "based on one of the most flexible and creative analog compressors ever made". I'm kind of a noob in this regard; can someone give me a hint what piece of gear it's modeled on?

Probably a Distressor
yann_

Postby twilson74 » Fri May 14, 2021 2:20 pm

yann_ wrote:Probably a Distressor

I wasn't familiar with that piece of gear but it looks like you're right. Thanks!
twilson74

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 14, 2021 3:46 pm

czoli wrote:Will this be available to buy through the Custom Shop? And if so when?

It has been available in the Custom Shop since its release yesterday.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby DarkStar » Fri May 14, 2021 4:49 pm

You need to Search for it - it is not listed in the "What's New".
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Fri May 14, 2021 5:39 pm

There's also a large Comprexxor image in the top banners but that takes you to the web site so I've contacted the team to get it pushed into What's New and anywhere else logical.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby T.Schimmack » Sat May 15, 2021 11:29 am

Hi Peter,

for some reason I cannot use Comprexxor?
My Account says: it is "registered"
Authorization Tool: says "ready to use"
IK Manager: "it is registered"

Latest T-RackS5: "not part of my collection"
I did a restart of my Mac.

What went wrong?
Thanks for your help!
T.Schimmack

Postby garfy » Sat May 15, 2021 11:48 am

Hi T.Schimmack

Have you updated to the latest release of TR5? (v5.5)

Also, try opening the Custom Shop app and go to T-Racks>Restore My Purchases under your username.

Let us know if that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby T.Schimmack » Sat May 15, 2021 12:05 pm

Thank you for your quick reply!

The "Restore My Purchases" did the trick!
A bit strange, because the Comprexxor was marked as "purchased" even before the restore, but I'm happy, it works now!

Have a wonderful weekend!
Thomas
T.Schimmack

Postby Hilonen1 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:31 am

Bought Total Studio Max 3 just days ago. Seems I have access to everything included except the Comprexxor. Can't seem to find it anywhere under 'My products'. Custom Shops says I dont own it even if I have the latest T-Racks version and have updated my purchases in CS. What can I do?
Hilonen1

Postby garfy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:39 pm

Hello Hilonen1 and welcome to the forums.

What happens when you try to use Comprexxor in T-RackS standalone? Does it throw up a message?

I guess the other thing is to try rebooting, that sometimes helps if you've done the update my purchases. Some people have also had success with missing gear (although mostly in AT5) by de-authorising and then authorising software.

The best thing to do the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby brozobob » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:55 pm

Reviving this thread...installed T-racks 5 for the first time yesterday, version 5.8.0. No presets for the Compressor to be found anywhere. I submitted a ticket. Anyone else have this issue, or know how to resolve it? I checked all relevant folders and they didn't install, and I tried twice to install to make sure.
brozobob

Postby ilya13rus » Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:16 pm

brozobob wrote:Reviving this thread...installed T-racks 5 for the first time yesterday, version 5.8.0. No presets for the Compressor to be found anywhere. I submitted a ticket. Anyone else have this issue, or know how to resolve it? I checked all relevant folders and they didn't install, and I tried twice to install to make sure.

Hi!
I Have the same problem with Empty Preset folder for the Comprexxor!
ilya13rus

Next

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox