Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby chucky88 » Thu May 06, 2021 10:34 am

global midi control for stomp slots
chucky88

Postby carlaz » Thu May 06, 2021 2:50 pm

chucky88 wrote:
sturphy wrote:How about an Auto function on the Output level. Where as you play through it, it can adjust the master output so it doesn't clip. That makes me nuts, trying presets and having to adjust the slider.

Million times this!!! This should have been there from the start

It should be switchable (so you can turn it on or off), and there should be some sort of "thresholdy" control so that you can tell it things like "any time the output signal goes over X by Y amount, turn it down by Y or Y + 1 or something like that".
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby carlaz » Thu May 06, 2021 2:51 pm

suganutz wrote:the ability to send each mic to its own individual mixer track in my daw, and/or separate effects slots for each individual mic.

This would be actually really cool. It's the same kind of thing you can do with most sampler instruments (e.g. drum instruments, etc.): switch between mono, stereo, and multi-output.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby jonesler » Mon May 10, 2021 1:26 am

I'm pretty sure these features have already been "wished" but I'll add mine since a consensus is pretty probably the biggest motivator at IK.

1. I miss the global noise gate. 'nuff said.

2. I miss the mute button. Again 'nuff said.

3. A master volume for the stand alone version would come in handy. Again, ...
jonesler

Dear Amplitube 5 Product Owner: Please Support Midi Looping

Postby jtmpsu96 » Mon May 10, 2021 1:30 am

Not sure how or why midi support exists for Amp switching and other controlls in Amplitube 5 but nothing for the looper. Should have been included at launch. A few releases in now and STILL not addressed. Please address this gap in the next release!
jtmpsu96

Postby Alaithol » Mon May 10, 2021 3:42 am

The two biggest things that would make this so much better Live for me are:

1) effect tails. That delay and reverb cut off instantly when the pedal is turned off is very difficult in a live setting when transitioning parts. Would be so helpful to have the ability to have them fade out like with really delay and reverb pedals. (If I’m wrong and there is a way to have this happen already, please let me know)

This one is probably my biggest issue using the software live.

2) being able to save bpm in presets. This kind of goes hand in hand with the previous one since switching presets also cuts off any delay and reverb abruptly. But being able to grab different tones and have the best switch quickly would be amazing.
Alaithol

Postby Oscat101 » Mon May 10, 2021 11:51 pm

Last edited by Oscat101 on Tue May 11, 2021 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amplitube 3.5,SVX, Fender, Amplitube 2, Metal, JimiHendrix,TRacksCs Grand 4.1,SampleTank 3,Kontakt Player.
Win10 64 bit with Cubase 7.5x, 64 bit TCElectronicKonnekt 24D, MAudio Axiom 49 and a Alpha track.
i7 2600 3.8 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, 512 Gb SSD.
Oscat101

Postby Oscat101 » Tue May 11, 2021 12:05 am

acousticglue wrote:Definitely need the on/off for pedals etc on FX line lower screen

Second this, it would be good for mainly turning on/off pedals and rack effects with one mouse click and without moving the focus from Amp or Cab.
Amplitube 3.5,SVX, Fender, Amplitube 2, Metal, JimiHendrix,TRacksCs Grand 4.1,SampleTank 3,Kontakt Player.
Win10 64 bit with Cubase 7.5x, 64 bit TCElectronicKonnekt 24D, MAudio Axiom 49 and a Alpha track.
i7 2600 3.8 Ghz, 16 GB Ram, 512 Gb SSD.
Oscat101

Postby j4k-msc » Mon May 17, 2021 11:43 pm

FEATURE: IMPROVED USER EXPERIENCE

I really like the new AT5, it’s my favorite modeler now. It sounds wonderful and playing thought it is really enjoyable. I wish it was perfect like that in all aspects.

The new UI is nice, but in some cases the skeuomorphic approach is just form over function and overall the UX is lacking in some regards. While it improved since the last version, some things seem to be a bit half-baked.

Last night I had nothing better to do, so I mocked up up few suggestions that, I believe, would significantly improve the user experience, esp. during live performances.

Here are my ideas:

1) RACKPEDALS & PEDALRACKS

The purpose of skeuomorphism should be to provide a user with a familiar environment and thus make the interaction with software easier. The opposite is happing with the current racks in pedalboard and pedals in racks model. It would be preferable to see all controls lined up, without having to open unnecessary pop up windows.

Here’s my suggestion for a convenient and easy to implement solution that still plays into the skeuomorphic paradigm and even improves it, while it doesn’t require any changes to the graphics of current pedals or racks.

2) MIXER

Current Mixer View is redundant, as it is a mere duplicate of what’s already included in the Cab Section, yet it is even less featured.

My suggestion is to change the mixer so it provides unique functionality: mixing all signals quickly and conveniently in a single window. That can be achieved by removing redundant or unnecessary elements such as Gear Selector and Insert FX buttons, as all inserts are already clearly visible and accessible from the signal path anyway.

This mixer also includes practical switchable high-pass filters.

3) HPF & LPF

Speaking of filters, HPF and LPF would make a welcomed addition to the existing Parametric EQ rack.

4) LIVE MODE

By far the biggest issue I see lies in playing live with AmpliTube. The Live Mode could be rethough and redesigned significantly.

Using AmpliTube inside of a DAW is crucial for any slightly more advanced live rig. Therefore revisited version Live Mode should be integral part of a plugin, instead of being available only in standalone version.

It should work with any MIDI controller and DAW automation and including universal snapshot feature would be way more useful than current Stomp Mode that’s only available for iRig controller.

Also notice the change of the Tuner interface. This way it’s actually easy to see it on the stage. Information on the current version are unnecessary tiny (btw. the tuner at the bottom is extremely tiny and unpractical even when sitting right in front of computer).

This version of Live Mode would turn AT5 plugin into a tremendous performance tool.

What do you, AmpliTube fans, think of these ideas?
j4k-msc

Postby carlaz » Tue May 18, 2021 12:49 am

General HPF and LPF tools somewhere with selectable frequency and slope would be huge. I would pay for that.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby fiveblairs » Tue May 18, 2021 2:06 pm

j4k-msc wrote:FEATURE: IMPROVED USER EXPERIENCE

I really like the new AT5, it’s my favorite modeler now. It sounds wonderful and playing thought it is really enjoyable. I wish it was perfect like that in all aspects.

The new UI is nice, but in some cases the skeuomorphic approach is just form over function and overall the UX is lacking in some regards. While it improved since the last version, some things seem to be a bit half-baked.

Last night I had nothing better to do, so I mocked up up few suggestions that, I believe, would significantly improve the user experience, esp. during live performances.

Here are my ideas:...

...What do you, AmpliTube fans, think of these ideas?

I think these are all BRILLIANT!
fiveblairs

Postby dougs.ik » Mon May 24, 2021 7:44 pm

Also like @j4k-msc's recommendations for streamlining the Pedal/Mixer UI

Just a note to many people making suggestions here. Check out the free version of Cantabile as a host for AT5. Some of things you're asking for could be easily done it.
dougs.ik

Postby carlaz » Wed May 26, 2021 6:55 pm

j4k-msc wrote:The purpose of skeuomorphism should be to provide a user with a familiar environment and thus make the interaction with software easier. The opposite is happ[en]ing with the current racks in pedalboard and pedals in racks model. It would be preferable to see all controls lined up, without having to open unnecessary pop up windows.

Yes. Placing rack-model interfaces within virtual boxes in the pedal section is an extra layer interface that provides no user benefit, some user annoyance, and should not be necessary.

I would also be happy if it were easier to view the whole signal chain without scrolling (in the case of longer/more complicated chains). Even if there was just a simple toggle button that would let you jump between "fit in window" and "full size", that would do something to make navigation easier.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby rmedlicott » Sat May 29, 2021 11:25 pm

[quote="j4k-msc"]FEATURE: IMPROVED USER EXPERIENCE

The new UI is nice, but in some cases the skeuomorphic approach is just form over function and overall the UX is lacking in some regards...

Agree

On Live mode I do use a irig stomp, so am happy tho appreciate your daw comment.
In terms of usability one you have set up your tones and board, a lot of the screen is wasted. Just give me similar the the ipad version - remove the graphics for selecting devices and the chain - just show the pedals and presets please. Also a proper full screen to keep it uncluttered. Rather than just a yell icon below a pedal thats on how about make the whole box yellow as per the ipad version
rmedlicott

Postby rmedlicott » Sat May 29, 2021 11:29 pm

NeilDennison wrote:Suggestion - Make 'Live Mode' into a proper Live Mode

So loving AT5 running with my iRig Stomp I/O, sound quality is a big improvement over the iPad version, however the Live mode doesn't really strike me as 'Live'.

A live mode needs to show the bare amount of information as clearly as possible. Couldn't we have an option to have that top left 3rd of the Live mode window to fill the whole screen. When playing live I don't need to be able to select any of the hundreds of amps/cabinets or see a minute version of the audio path; all I want to see are some big buttons that clearly show me what presets are assigned to each pedal and which FX are on each pedal, nothing more.

Almost feels like it needs a 'Live Performance' mode that gives that clean large interface that can be seen easily from 2m away, current live mode just doesn't cut it from a UX perspective for live performance.

Possible addition for the dev backlog? Interested to hear thoughts from any others that are planning to use AT5 in a performance setting.

Absolutely right
rmedlicott

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling