CPU Usage Modo Drum

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

CPU Usage Modo Drum

Postby Parseq » Wed May 05, 2021 8:11 pm

Hi. Is there a way top reduce CPU usage when using Modo Drum. I have PC Intel I7 with 32 gb of Ram and I use a Motu M4 interface.
To test the CPU usage, I have load only Modo Drum in a new Studio One song and didn't load a kit. Even if nothing is running in Studio Ine, it show between 11 to 18% CPU usage.
I would like to switch from my Addictive Drum but cannot used Modo Drum in most of my song because it cause latency.
Any clue ?
Parseq

Re: CPU Usage Modo Drum

Postby jamesgray1 » Fri Jul 09, 2021 11:35 am

I think you should watch this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th_1kNn0yFE
[Mod Edit: inappropriate link removed, review the forum Rules and Guidelines]

Man explains everything very well and in particular about CPU Usage.
jamesgray1

Postby Parseq » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:01 pm

Hi Jamesgray.

It is a good video performance but there is no explanation or tutorial. Did you gave me the good link.
Also, I do not expect to do a dissertation soon ;-)
Parseq

Postby DarkStar » Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:41 pm

Hmm, Dissertation link removed from the above post.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jesussaddle » Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:26 am

I'm also curious if there is an answer to this post. The link was not correct - the video it points to is to a demo of MODO Drum, not any helpful info.

Thanks.
jesussaddle

Postby acdc2000 » Wed Jun 01, 2022 9:02 pm

when nothing in Modo drum is play and song stop I get CPU load in modo drum 2.5 se (with 2 kits available) of 18% on a i5 8600 and studio one 5.5.2 in win 10. after a fresh start and load song this happen. the % value can see when click in studio one on the left side CPU load bar. then cpu load of every plugin is show.

value seem correct because my fan blow more when i play no song.
acdc2000

Postby Steve-xyz » Thu Jun 02, 2022 8:10 pm

The other link should be removed too. It is off topic.
Steve-xyz

Postby dpinskey » Sun Oct 15, 2023 11:55 am

Just started using MODO Drums using DDRUM DDTi Chrome Elite Triggers going into Studio One 6
Good sound, just a touch latency but not enough to throw off the timing of my performance. Biggest problem is that after a few mins of playing, MODO Drums overloads, locks up and making horrible digital feedback at a very loud volume. This does not happen when I use Presonus Impact or when sending my MIDI trigger signal out to a keyboard to trigger the drums on that using the MIDI channel 10 protocol. By the way, the keyboards also have no latency, so I plan on using them to monitor my live performance but would like to use MODO Drums for the actual recording capture since it has much better sounding drum samples. Just need to know how to make it stop overloading. Thanks
dpinskey

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:40 pm

dpinskey wrote:Just started using MODO Drums using DDRUM DDTi Chrome Elite Triggers going into Studio One 6
Good sound, just a touch latency but not enough to throw off the timing of my performance. Biggest problem is that after a few mins of playing, MODO Drums overloads, locks up and making horrible digital feedback at a very loud volume. This does not happen when I use Presonus Impact or when sending my MIDI trigger signal out to a keyboard to trigger the drums on that using the MIDI channel 10 protocol. By the way, the keyboards also have no latency, so I plan on using them to monitor my live performance but would like to use MODO Drums for the actual recording capture since it has much better sounding drum samples. Just need to know how to make it stop overloading. Thanks

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. I'm not sure what would cause this but the IK Support team would be happy to provide direct and official technical support to help resolve your issue. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby d10221 » Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:48 am

Hi,
I'm trying MODO Drums and I'm having similar issues here, High CPU usage.
I'm trying to use it as a plugin, I tried on GarageBand, Ableton, and Waveform/Tracktion
It seems to be pretty much the same, sound clipping , and going out synch
All this on Oldish MacBook pro, where I used to be able to drive 3 or 4 Amplitube plugin instances with GB or Tracktion some years ago, including midi drums (Not Modo).

I'm not discarding OS problems, the MacBook performance is not as good as it was with the previous OS versions, I think I'm in Monterrey now

Is there a way or settings to lower the sampling rate while using it as a plugin or is that controlled by the host?

Sorry if I'm asking something very obvious :)
d10221

Postby d10221 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 3:08 pm

d10221 wrote:Hi,
I'm trying MODO Drums and I'm having similar issues here, High CPU usage.
I'm trying to use it as a plugin, I tried on GarageBand, Ableton, and Waveform/Tracktion
It seems to be pretty much the same, sound clipping , and going out synch
All this on Oldish MacBook pro, where I used to be able to drive 3 or 4 Amplitube plugin instances with GB or Tracktion some years ago, including midi drums (Not Modo).

I'm not discarding OS problems, the MacBook performance is not as good as it was with the previous OS versions, I think I'm in Monterrey now

Is there a way or settings to lower the sampling rate while using it as a plugin or is that controlled by the host?

Sorry if I'm asking something very obvious :)

UDPATE:
in my case ... Modo Drums, had Nothing to do with the CPU usage.

The performance issue were all related to the HOST DAW,
I blame The current versions of GarageBand, Ableton, and Waveform/Tracktion running on my Old Mac and Monterrey.

The latency, glitches , etc, where all over, many plugins, interestingly ... mostly the AU plugins, Vst's work better

Everything that was giving me problems with Reaper works flawless ...
d10221

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS