My first impressions of Amplitube 5,

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

My first impressions of Amplitube 5,

Postby deepsman » Wed Apr 07, 2021 2:08 am

Are not very good at all. Where is all the magic that I have heard users talk about? I have SE, Fender 1&2. I'm very much a pre-set man with a few little tweaks of my own. I haven't found one inspiring pre-set. Not one. The amps are so samey and not at all realistic sounding. 4 wasn't particularly realistic, but some of the pre-sets had some kind of charm.

Surely I must be doing something wrong, but I cant see what. I'm doing and using exactly the same equipment as I was with 4.

The IK examples of 5 I have heard sound great and have that realism that I was expecting to hear. I appreciate that the examples I heard are probably from gear that I don't own, so I wouldn't expect to get to get the same sound. Even so, I was expecting to hear a similar level of realism. A similar feeling to plugging into a real amp. I really hope I am doing something wrong but I honestly don't think I am.

Please let me know if any of you have had a eureka moment by doing something that was not that obvious, but really improved the sound and feel of Amplitube 5.

Thanks.

Thanks.
deepsman

Re: My first impressions of Amplitube 5,

Postby deepsman » Sun May 02, 2021 3:00 pm

So in the hope that it was a bad install or something, I uninstalled and re installed. I also installed 4. So 4 sounds just as I remember it, and 5 still sounds bad. Everything sounds like the guitar is going through a pedal with flat batterys. I'm using exactly the same setup for 4 which sounds as it should, as I am for 5 which is awful. Anyone got any ideas? I Don't believe that Amplitube 5 should really sound this bad but as I say, With exactly the same set up 4 sounds as it should.
deepsman

Postby 89bruin » Sun May 02, 2021 9:07 pm

Not my experience at all. I did several A/B comparisons between 4 & 5 after purchasing AT5 and my impression across the board was that AT5 was a noticeable improvement. I think that's been the general consensus but there could be exceptions given the wide variance in computer systems, interfaces, etc.
89bruin

Postby deepsman » Tue May 04, 2021 10:26 am

Thanks for the reply 89bruin. I'm not surprised you and the majority of amp 5
users, don't share my experience. I was hoping that someone did have a similar experience to me, but then had a eureka moment they could tell me about. I'm not talking subtleties, Amplitube 5 sounds really horrible. All of my other amp sims sound as they should, including Amplitube 4.

I'm on Windows 7 which is supported, using an M-audio 1814 and its own asio windows 7 drivers, an i7 and 8 gig of ram. Every other peice of software sounds great. Including everything else from IK. I would have thought that if every other peice of software sounds as it should do, then so should amp 5. That's the worrying part. If it turns out that amp 5 is sounding the way it should, then I really must be losing it. As I say, I'm not talking subtleties.
deepsman

Postby deepsman » Tue May 04, 2021 10:36 am

Sorry, I failed to mention that I only use stand alone. No DAW.
deepsman

Postby Peter_IK » Tue May 04, 2021 4:05 pm

I'm sure IK Support can assist you in figuring out what's going on if you reach out to them (or have already done so in which case, please keep working with them). AmpliTube 5 is a beast and sounds amazing.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby deepsman » Wed May 05, 2021 9:24 am

Thanks Peter. I guess I should have contacted support in the first place really.
Was just hoping that it could be solved with something really simple.
deepsman

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling