Ubrage from SE to Full version?

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Ubrage from SE to Full version?

Postby chilly7 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:00 pm

Hi. I own MODo DruMS SE. I reali like them. I there upgrade path to full version? ;)
chilly7

Re: Ubrage from SE to Full version?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:08 pm

Yes, go to the web site, then your User Area / Upgrades & Crossgrades. You should see MODO Drums listed there with the price relevant to you (based on the products already Registered to your User Account)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby chilly7 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:40 pm

DarkStar wrote:Yes, go to the web site, then your User Area / Upgrades & Crossgrades. You should see MODO Drums listed there with the price relevant to you (based on the products already Registered to your User Account)

Yes, but it shows full price.
chilly7

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:15 pm

The full price of MODO Drums is 299.99 (excluding VAT). Is that what you see in your Upgrades/Crossgrades area?

If you log out and go to buy it you will see:
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby chilly7 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:03 pm

DarkStar wrote:The full price of MODO Drums is 299.99 (excluding VAT). Is that what you see in your Upgrades/Crossgrades area?

If you log out and go to buy it you will see:

Yes, but it gives me full price of 199 USDs of the full vesrion while the full price SE cost 149USDs :lol:

Post scriptum
I thought upgrade will be like 50 dollars
chilly7

Postby tommartini604 » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:04 am

I have been trying to figure out how to upgrade the SE version or buy additional pieces that I want to get to the full version after using it. Why would SE be $50 less than the original but to upgrade to full from SE ($149) it is $199 when it's selling for $199 normally? Doesn't make sense. I also notice there isn't a link to buy anything when you have the SE version.
tommartini604

Postby Peter_IK » Sun Aug 29, 2021 6:21 pm

There is not a set SKU in the system but if you feel you would like to upgrade, please contact IK Support and they will see what they can do as the forum users, moderators, nor admins can assist with this issue. Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby josuefebles » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:39 pm

Hey
Is there anyone out there who could explain to me how come upgrades cost exactly the same as the brand new product?
What is the point then?
Why is it call "upgrade" and not "buy the more expensive version even if you have the cheaper one"?
Thanks
josuefebles

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 05, 2021 6:47 pm

I can. Upgrades DO NOT cost exactly the same as the brand new product.

• If you are logged in and have a Qualifying Product then you will be shown the Upgrade price, as that is the one relevant to you.
  • If you are not logged in or do not have a Qualifying Product then you will be shown the full price.

You can see both prices in the screenshots above.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby josuefebles » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:36 am

Ok, I've found a post that gave me the answer I didn't get here:

"If you Log Out of your IK User Account then look at the "Buy now" pop-up for AT5 you will see:

AmpliTube 5 (Download) 199.99
AmpliTube 5 Upgrade (Download) 149.99

Now, as you have already bought and Registered an IK Multimedia product with a standard price of 99 or more (excluding VAT) then you would qualify for the Upgrade price (for AT5, this includes Crossgrades).

The AT5 product will appear in the Crossgrade/Upgrade section of your IKM User Account, with a price of 149.99 (excluding VAT). For that price you are getting 99 (?) extra gear models".
josuefebles

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:29 pm

This question was also answered above, applies to what OP was asking about (MODO) and AT5 which seems to be where the thread ended up:
Peter_IK wrote:There is not a set SKU in the system but if you feel you would like to upgrade, please contact IK Support and they will see what they can do as the forum users, moderators, nor admins can assist with this issue. Thank you.

Also, please review the forum rules about posting the same question/topic/etc multiple times. Your question is answered here, no need for another topic.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS