SampleTank MIDI learn in live mode?

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

SampleTank MIDI learn in live mode?

Postby nburman » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:10 am

I can assign buttons from my midi controller while in song mode, but not in live mode. I push the MIDI icon, press and hold a knob (like, Cutoff), turn a knob on the controller and nothing happens. Anyone know why?
nburman

Re: SampleTank MIDI learn in live mode?

Postby nburman » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:40 pm

This is a real problem affecting how I use Sampletank live. Can someone from IK Multimedia please reply and at least tell me that what I'm doing isn't possible or of a workaround. Thank you.
nburman

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:27 pm

I'm not sure what is causing this for you but I've just opened up SampleTank on my iOS device, pressed the MIDI icon then was able to press and hold Cutoff and it flashed and was available to be assigned/learned.

I would recommend seeking official IK Support directly via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support so they can see what's happening in your case.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nburman » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:11 pm

Thank you for looking into this, Peter. My iPad does the same, awaiting assignment, but moving a control on my midi keyboard doesn’t do anything. It works as it should in Song mode, but not Live mode.
I’ll give that link a try. Many thanks.
nburman

Postby andysmyth » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:11 pm

Sampletank ios (brand new) on my iPad 2018 (brand new) does not always respond correctly to Midi Learn either. If Sampletank in either Song mode or Live mode receives CC#82 in Midi Learn (Rock B Speed held down and pulsing red square on) it simply defaults to 0. Every time. Midi Volume learns fine.
andysmyth

Postby nburman » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:56 am

This problem isn’t really going away.
I tried two keyboards, an M-Audio Oxygen 25 and a Roland A300 PRO and they both do exactly the same thing.

My steps:
1. Press MIDI icon
2. Hold down knob of parameter to control until a red outline appears
3. Move slider/knob on keyboard (the level on the app knob changes to confirm that it has been assigned)
4. Press MIDI icon to leave Learning Mode.
5. Moving the assigned knob on the keyboard does nothing and the app does not respond as it did in step 3.

The keyboard does play normally and the knobs/sliders do respond when trying to assign but after leaving Learning Mode, it doesn’t work.

Any ideas gratefully received.
nburman

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:45 pm

Have you reported this to IK Support? I'm sure they can assist you with your issue and can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nburman » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:06 pm

I have. I’d also like to know if anyone else has experienced the problem and has a solution.
nburman

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:49 pm

nburman wrote:I have. I’d also like to know if anyone else has experienced the problem and has a solution.

Note that I tested above and didn't have the issue so it is likely something in your setup that support can identify by troubleshooting directly with you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nburman » Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:30 am

Yes, I had noted that. It’s in one of the earlier posts.

If I listed the gear I used, would that help? I could make a video showing the problem. Support just seems very slow in responding. This really is making me look elsewhere for a useful synth that I can control easily.
nburman

Postby nburman » Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:52 am

Peter_IK wrote:I'm not sure what is causing this for you but I've just opened up SampleTank on my iOS device, pressed the MIDI icon then was able to press and hold Cutoff and it flashed and was available to be assigned/learned.

Did you use an external device to assign control to a SampleTank parameter? I can also get as far as “available to be assigned” but devices do not change the parameter after I have exited the Learning mode.

Support is still not responding ...
nburman

Postby glflannery@gmail.com » Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:14 pm

Has anyone gotten a fix for this? I can't get midi learn mode to work in live mode either.
glflannery@gmail.com

Postby nburman » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:02 pm

Nope. I’m afraid not. Seems like a software glitch or oversight.
nburman

Postby glflannery@gmail.com » Wed Apr 07, 2021 8:41 pm

nburman wrote:Nope. I’m afraid not. Seems like a software glitch or oversight.

Thanks... to be honest, I can't even get it to work at all. The volume knob does nothing in SampleTank and the midi while it registers that it's being turned does nothing after you exit midi learn mode.

I wonder if I just got a bum unit?
glflannery@gmail.com

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:18 pm

IK Support should be able to assist anybody with an issue via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

If you already have a ticket open please respond to that if the suggestions have not fixed the issue for you.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories