Free Soldano SLO-100 for AmpliTube 5, artist presets coming

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Free Soldano SLO-100 for AmpliTube 5, artist presets com

Postby carlaz » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:24 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Having fun with these upcoming presets... if you have an "appetite" here's a little throwback (I posted the bare backing track without guitars, then the version with all AmpliTube 5 for guitars laid over it.
Click here to hear a little RnFR
You'll have access to the presets used for this soon!

Nice! 8-)
I haven't tried the newest presets yet, though I was also (pleasantly) surprised that busy musicians (e.g., Slash) took some time out to offer up new signature presets. Very generous -- and a testament to how good AT5 is.

I've also now taken the route of creating a separate "Artist Presets" folder to corral the growing number of artist subfolders. :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:27 pm

I had to add another folder too! I do think it is great on their part, and a testament to AmpliTube 5 that these big artists took the time to make these presets for us. Also, I love that the new Slash presets that are "discography" presets have some that use non-Slash gear to get really authentic album tones (including the ones I used for the above track).
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Thu Mar 25, 2021 10:23 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Also, I love that the new Slash presets that are "discography" presets have some that use non-Slash gear to get really authentic album tones (including the ones I used for the above track).

I'm impressed to see the venerable Diode Overdrive in there in a number of the Slash presets! Those actually use a fair amount of non-Slash-bundle gear, so one does get the sense that Slash is messing around and making stuff just because he likes it. 8-)
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:37 pm

carlaz wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Also, I love that the new Slash presets that are "discography" presets have some that use non-Slash gear to get really authentic album tones (including the ones I used for the above track).

I'm impressed to see the venerable Diode Overdrive in there in a number of the Slash presets! Those actually use a fair amount of non-Slash-bundle gear, so one does get the sense that Slash is messing around and making stuff just because he likes it. 8-)

Good observation. For some subtle driving of an amp, you can try the VariDiode (with the stock diodes) or Slash Boost and they're both well-suited for the task even though you might think of them as completely different stomps.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Thu Mar 25, 2021 11:54 pm

Peter_IK wrote:For some subtle driving of an amp, you can try the VariDiode (with the stock diodes)

Riffing on this note, the VariDiode+ caught my eye in AT5 as one of the more interesting new inclusions. I haven't really had a chance to play with it much, but I liked the approach of putting the different modeled diode options in the single stomp model. It's not just a model with added features -- it's an approach that makes it easy to switch between those subtle variations when you are trialling sounds. You don't have to change the whole gear model, you just tap the virtual button on the single gear model. It's small thing, perhaps, but user-friendly.

This an approach that would lend itself well to other gear models -- like, I think others have already suggested an update on the Big Pig that could include options for multiple variants of the Big Muff circuitry ... or an update on the Fuzz Age pedals that could combine them (both based on Fuzz Faces with germanium transistors) along with a new option for silicon transistors.

I wouldn't mind taking this further and seeing a "Marshall SuperThing" amp head model :mrgreen: that would let you swap between Superlead and Superbass specs with a button (since the circuits are quite similar).

Well, one can dream! 8-)
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby texan7262 » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:45 am

May one still at least hope that Ik has also contacted Eric Clapton for his personal presets? Not to start an argument with the probably larger high-gain-fraction, but never before or ever after has (a pair of) SLO-100s sounded more heavenly than under the auspices of "god". 8-)
texan7262

Postby supanorton » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:55 am

texan7262 wrote:May one still at least hope that Ik has also contacted Eric Clapton for his personal presets? Not to start an argument with the probably larger high-gain-fraction, but never before or ever after has (a pair of) SLO-100s sounded more heavenly than under the auspices of "god". 8-)

Amen! IMHO, Clapton's tone on From the Cradle was his best since Cream. I didn't know he was using a SLO-100 back then. Here's some information I found on the net. I haven't tried this yet, but I can't wait to explore. Not sure how accurate the information is.

Eric Clapton used the following set-up for the Soldano SLO-100 during his mid-90s blues period:
Normal / Preamp: 8
Overdrive / Preamp: 3
Bass: 11
Middle: 11
Treble: 3
Normal Volume / Master: 10
Overdrive Volume / Master: 7
Presence: 4
Amp switches: Normal and Crunch
A foot pedal was used to switch between the normal and overdrive channels
supanorton

Postby texan7262 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:28 am

I was just about to mention, too that EC's Soldano-settings has been posted on WheresEric.
Still quite doesn't do the trick for me, must be something else to it. Can't possibly be the fingers :mrgreen:

I think he didn't use the Soldanos on 'From the Cradle anymore (I've read somewehere that for that album he used an amazing multitude of different gear from his collection).
His Soldano-era should have started with the album Journeyman (c.f. Saturday Night Live-Show) and covered the early nineties. Check out by all means the Royal Albert Hall concerts like recorded on '24 Nights', also with the London classical orchestra: Strativari [sic!] + Soldano. Beautiful.

Btw: who of you would have guessed that on his 1986 'August"-album Clapton didn't even play a tube-amp. But a pair of very small and very cheap solid state amp practice-amp. Which brings me back to my posted suggestion the wishlist-thread: It would be so much fascinating fun if IK would now also start to model some of the more obscure gear. The builder of "Session Award" is still in business and participates in guitar forums. I would happily borrow IK my own identical pair, too. ;-)
texan7262

Postby texan7262 » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:05 pm

Not borrow my own amps, but make them available to IK, of course.
texan7262

Postby supanorton » Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:38 pm

For my playing style and guitars, the Slash presets are the most usable out of the box. In fact, there isn't one I couldn't imagine myself using for my own stuff. Each artist collection has been inspiring in its own way.

This Artist Preset giveaway was awesome! Thanks to Gus G, Joe Satriani, Marty Friedman, Slash, and all at IK for this. I really hope this is something that gets repeated from time to time with new presets from these artists and/or other artists sharing the possibilities of AT5.
supanorton

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:47 pm

supanorton wrote:For my playing style and guitars, the Slash presets are the most usable out of the box. In fact, there isn't one I couldn't imagine myself using for my own stuff. Each artist collection has been inspiring in its own way.

This Artist Preset giveaway was awesome! Thanks to Gus G, Joe Satriani, Marty Friedman, Slash, and all at IK for this. I really hope this is something that gets repeated from time to time with new presets from these artists and/or other artists sharing the possibilities of AT5.

We just started another phase of this, starting with a free MESA/Boogie Triple Rectifier and the first artist presets coming soon!

And thank you for your kind words, too, of course. These were some great presets and I can't wait to try more (though I admit I have tried the first wave of these new ones and think you'll enjoy them).
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby supanorton » Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:10 pm

That's great to hear! Looking forward to the new batch of presets. I've used that triple rectifier on some things in AT4 and haven't had a chance to use it for anything in AT5 yet. I don't always remember to test the Mesa Boogie stuff, because I tend to find what I'm after with the Marshalls, Fenders, and Oranges; although, that Pink Taco has been getting A LOT of use on the stuff I've been writing over the past couple of months. Anyway, thanks again for a great product among all the other great products.

AND...after seeing those free jam points in my user area, I'm on my way to purchasing the Power Reels Krazy Deal right now! Been eyeballing, reading, and listening to those tape machines for quite some time.
supanorton

Postby carlaz » Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:15 pm

supanorton wrote:I don't always remember to test the Mesa Boogie stuff, because I tend to find what I'm after with the Marshalls, Fenders, and Oranges; although, that Pink Taco has been getting A LOT of use on the stuff I've been writing over the past couple of months.

This describes my experience almost exactly, too. :lol: The "based on" Marshalls and Oranges (plus the HiAmp!) are historically my "go-to" models, though I do use the Mesas, ENGLs, Soldano, etc. for specific purposes. The recent artist presets have really made me go back and explore some of these things that I use less often!
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Triton_Palace » Sun Apr 11, 2021 10:55 am

Hi,

Have I missed out on the free Soldano now?

Cheers,
James
Triton_Palace

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:04 pm

Triton_Palace wrote:Hi,

Have I missed out on the free Soldano now?

Cheers,
James

Yes, it was for a limited time per the original post. Currently we are giving away the MESA/Boogie Triple Rectifier
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling