Free Soldano SLO-100 for AmpliTube 5, artist presets coming

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Free Soldano SLO-100 for AmpliTube 5, artist presets com

Postby DarkStar » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:33 pm

@ lurkalot,
Great, thank you. That should help other users.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby blasterx » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:52 am

lurkalot wrote:
DarkStar wrote:^^^
To help even more, can you post a pic to your folder hierarchy?

Upload it to imgur.com

Did you mean me? If so I don't use imgur.com, but can provide the images.;)

Windows 10.
My Documents > IK Multimedia > AmpliTube 5 > Presets >>

Only the Friedman and Gus G
blasterx

Postby twilson74 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:34 pm

These new presets are awesome! Many thanks to IK and to all the artists involved.

I found that the most tidy way for me, personally, to organize these presets was to create an Artist Signature Presets" folder within the "presets" folder-- this way when I first open the presets hierarchy within AT5 I see AT5, AT5 MAX, Collections, Legacy, etc and then "Signature Artist Presets" instead of having all of these preset packs strewn out individually on that page-- now they're all nested neatly within that folder and I can get to them there. And all future artist presets I can also add to that folder-- and all the artists will have their own sub-folders.

I was going to try all the new presets last night but only got to Joe Satriani's "Far Away Plexi" and it was so inspiring that I had to stop and use it to write a song and record the demo.

I haven't even gotten halfway through the new presets but they're already some of the best I've ever heard.

I also liked Gus G's Mercenary Man with the harmonizer on it. Which reminds me... I tried the Brian May pack in AT4 and I thought I remember the harmonizers being a part of the amps themselves in AT4 which I thought was cool. Now that I own the Brian May pack in AT5 Max, I see that the harmonizers are in a different part of the chain. More accurate I guess but I just noted the change.

Also, I like some of Gus G's rhythm guitar tones, especially the one with the Carvin amp hard panned left (the panning caught me off guard at first, but that's a real-world recording trick that will be a time saver when I need rhythm tones on a track)-- the V3 amp can be made to sound really bad, but it can also sound fantastic as it does in this preset (I say this as a longtime user of Carvin/Kiesel amps/guitars)

Looking forward to trying out the Marty Friedman presets today.
twilson74

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 17, 2021 4:35 pm

twilson74 wrote:These new presets are awesome! Many thanks to IK and to all the artists involved.

I found that the most tidy way for me, personally, to organize these presets was to create an Artist Signature Presets" folder within the "presets" folder-- this way when I first open the presets hierarchy within AT5 I see AT5, AT5 MAX, Collections, Legacy, etc and then "Signature Artist Presets" instead of having all of these preset packs strewn out individually on that page-- now they're all nested neatly within that folder and I can get to them there. And all future artist presets I can also add to that folder-- and all the artists will have their own sub-folders.

I was going to try all the new presets last night but only got to Joe Satriani's "Far Away Plexi" and it was so inspiring that I had to stop and use it to write a song and record the demo.

I haven't even gotten halfway through the new presets but they're already some of the best I've ever heard.

I also liked Gus G's Mercenary Man with the harmonizer on it. Which reminds me... I tried the Brian May pack in AT4 and I thought I remember the harmonizers being a part of the amps themselves in AT4 which I thought was cool. Now that I own the Brian May pack in AT5 Max, I see that the harmonizers are in a different part of the chain. More accurate I guess but I just noted the change.

Also, I like some of Gus G's rhythm guitar tones, especially the one with the Carvin amp hard panned left (the panning caught me off guard at first, but that's a real-world recording trick that will be a time saver when I need rhythm tones on a track)-- the V3 amp can be made to sound really bad, but it can also sound fantastic as it does in this preset (I say this as a longtime user of Carvin/Kiesel amps/guitars)

Looking forward to trying out the Marty Friedman presets today.

Thanks for the kind words! I love getting to play with these before they get to you as I know they are going to land very well since they are always awesome presets. With regard to the harmonizer, since AmpliTube 5 added the ability to do a more accurate wet/dry/wet three-pronged setup (whereas it was put into AmpliTube 4 as a unique feature set of the Brian May collection) we were able to handle the harmonizer in AmpliTube 5 with a bit more "finesse".
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby twilson74 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:39 pm

Peter, that's interesting about how the change happened with the harmonizer/harmonator. My favorite thing about the harmonizer stuff is that I can do the Bill and Ted "air guitar" licks. :)

It took me a while to even notice that each preset includes settings for dual amp and three amp signal chains, just by clicking the icons in the left. Can't believe I missed that. And it seems like every one of these two/three amp setups includes quite a variation on the second/third amps compared to the main head in the single amp setup. Some include amps and gear that I would never have expected alongside each other. So for each preset, the artist/preset developer basically creates 4 whole separate alternate versions?

Yeah, you guys have done some brilliant work with Amplitube 5. It's beautiful, well laid out and the sounds are better than anything else. When I pick up one of my axes and fire up Amplitube 5 it's unique in that it really does feel like I'm leaving my computer and entering my own private "millionaire gear dojo" for with everything I could ever want.

Hoping to see more artist presets as a regular thing.
twilson74

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:41 pm

twilson74 wrote:Peter, that's interesting about how the change happened with the harmonizer/harmonator. My favorite thing about the harmonizer stuff is that I can do the Bill and Ted "air guitar" licks. :)

It took me a while to even notice that each preset includes settings for dual amp and three amp signal chains, just by clicking the icons in the left. Can't believe I missed that. And it seems like every one of these two/three amp setups includes quite a variation on the second/third amps compared to the main head in the single amp setup. Some include amps and gear that I would never have expected alongside each other. So for each preset, the artist/preset developer basically creates 4 whole separate alternate versions?

Yeah, you guys have done some brilliant work with Amplitube 5. It's beautiful, well laid out and the sounds are better than anything else. When I pick up one of my axes and fire up Amplitube 5 it's unique in that it really does feel like I'm leaving my computer and entering my own private "millionaire gear dojo" for with everything I could ever want.

Hoping to see more artist presets as a regular thing.

It can be a beast for sure. Not all presets take advantage of the three-pronged chain but more do than I would personally expect. Especially with artist presets because, even during a pandemic, these folks are pretty busy with projects and doing free presets probably isn't on the top of their list. But that's not quite fair, since these particular artists are very generous. They're known to be, that's why we love working with them. Slash surprises me as he is just booked solid 100% of the time, but he does what he can. I think he knows that a large chunk of his fanbase, even the GnR diehards from the beginning, are guitar players.

I love the "millionaire gear dojo" concept. I have two AXE I/O and I have one connected to my gaming rig which is great to just fire up and get lost in tone on. Makes me feel less guilty when I'm gaming if it is after a couple of hours of jamming :)

I noticed someone on another forum mention that the Charlie Benante presets translate over to AmpliTube 5 nicely, so if you haven't played with those you really should. I had tweaked some of them to my tastes in AT4 and then found they did come over to AT5 nicely.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:43 pm

I remembered I had tweaked "The Brown Sound" preset too, though the original also still sounds great in AmpliTube 5 too. It is a bit angrier than the "Mr Brown Riff" when playing the "Mr Brownstone" riff though the Slash preset is more genuine/faithful. Sometimes a bit more growl isn't a bad thing :twisted:
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lurkalot » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:16 am

twilson74 wrote:These new presets are awesome! Many thanks to IK and to all the artists involved.

That's a excellent idea, I have now done the same and it really does make things neater and easier to find. Thank you for sharing this tip.

lurkalot

Postby twilson74 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:07 am

Lurkalot, you're welcome. I wasn't sure it would work. I'm kinda new to the idea of dragging around folders in the Finder window. Actually I tried to install the presets last week and somehow messed up and then it looked like half of my gear disappeared in Amplitube with what I did. So I got rid of them. But then this week I thought I'd give it it another shot and everything works great.

Peter, it's great to hear that about guys like Slash being generous with their time. The Slash Collection presets in AT5 are amazing-- I can't wait to try the new ones next week. When I was a kid all I wanted was a Marshall half-stack like my cousin had. I never got one. Then when I could afford gear, I got into all sorts of other tones (either super high gain or Fender cleans) and kinda leapfrogged the Marshall stuff-- but it's been a treat taking the time now to be able to go back and play with these tones and appreciate the distinct tonal flavors of that family of amps. Both the Slash collection Marshalls and the Amplitube Brit versions of amps nail those sounds.

Per your suggestion, I went and grabbed the AT4 Presets and put them in my AT5 Artist Signature Presets folder along with the new ones. I got the Danny Gomez/Brian May, Bumblefoot, and Charlie Benante presets (but I was thinking why do they have guitar presets from the DRUMMER of Anthrax? haha)

The AT4 artist presets sound pretty good in 5-- I do have to turn down the gain on a lot of them or they'll clip, but there are several I will probably end up using.

You only have 2 Axe I/Os? I figured you'd have about a dozen, haha. I'll probably have to get one at some point down the road, just for the re-amping capability. And the specs on those are great and I think it's very cool that IK manufactures the hardware in Italy.

Cheers,

Ted
twilson74

Postby lurkalot » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:30 am

twilson74 wrote:
Per your suggestion, I went and grabbed the AT4 Presets and put them in my AT5 Artist Signature Presets folder along with the new ones. I got the Danny Gomez/Brian May, Bumblefoot, and Charlie Benante presets (but I was thinking why do they have guitar presets from the DRUMMER of Anthrax? haha)

The AT4 artist presets sound pretty good in 5-- I do have to turn down the gain on a lot of them or they'll clip, but there are several I will probably end up using.

Also added the AT4 artist presets, but instead of mixing them all in the same folder I decided to keep them separate. I'll have a play with those tonight and see what they sound like in AT5.

Thanks Ted and Peter for the heads up on this. ;)

lurkalot

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:28 pm

twilson74 wrote:Lurkalot, you're welcome. I wasn't sure it would work. I'm kinda new to the idea of dragging around folders in the Finder window. Actually I tried to install the presets last week and somehow messed up and then it looked like half of my gear disappeared in Amplitube with what I did. So I got rid of them. But then this week I thought I'd give it it another shot and everything works great.

Peter, it's great to hear that about guys like Slash being generous with their time. The Slash Collection presets in AT5 are amazing-- I can't wait to try the new ones next week. When I was a kid all I wanted was a Marshall half-stack like my cousin had. I never got one. Then when I could afford gear, I got into all sorts of other tones (either super high gain or Fender cleans) and kinda leapfrogged the Marshall stuff-- but it's been a treat taking the time now to be able to go back and play with these tones and appreciate the distinct tonal flavors of that family of amps. Both the Slash collection Marshalls and the Amplitube Brit versions of amps nail those sounds.

You only have 2 Axe I/Os? I figured you'd have about a dozen, haha. I'll probably have to get one at some point down the road, just for the re-amping capability. And the specs on those are great and I think it's very cool that IK manufactures the hardware in Italy.

Cheers,

Ted

Just a quick note that Charlie is not just a drummer, he's an accomplished guitarist and songwriter even while he was in Anthrax. He's a scary talent. I'm totally jealous (also because I love to play but am not super great at drums :) ).

Also, yes I only have two AXE I/O haha. For my non-studio computers, for in the home studio I need many more inputs so I have three MR816 interfaces daisy-chained for 24 analog in/out and when I need that sweet Z-TONE input I have Z-TONE DI and Buffer Boost to run into those.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby twilson74 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:04 am

Yeah, I had to look it up to see that Charlie Benante is also a guitarist too. Most of us are multi-instrumentalists but it always seems surprising for some reason to see pro's as having multiple talents. I'm not that great at drums either, but they're fun to play.

Perhaps one of the most mind-boggling to me is the case of Gary Husband-- who played drums for Allan Holdsworth-- and released a very impressive PIANO album of his covers/reinterpretations of Holdsworth compositions.

I was looking at the Buffer Boost and Direct pedals too. The Z-Tone looks interesting. Can you use either one for re-amping?
twilson74

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:37 pm

twilson74 wrote:Yeah, I had to look it up to see that Charlie Benante is also a guitarist too. Most of us are multi-instrumentalists but it always seems surprising for some reason to see pro's as having multiple talents. I'm not that great at drums either, but they're fun to play.

Perhaps one of the most mind-boggling to me is the case of Gary Husband-- who played drums for Allan Holdsworth-- and released a very impressive PIANO album of his covers/reinterpretations of Holdsworth compositions.

I was looking at the Buffer Boost and Direct pedals too. The Z-Tone looks interesting. Can you use either one for re-amping?

You can reamp with Z-TONE DI or Buffer Boost quite nicely. We have graphic illustrations of many scenarios including re-amping on the Z-TONE DI and Z-TONE Buffer/Boost web pages:

Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 23, 2021 12:46 am

Having fun with these upcoming presets... if you have an "appetite" here's a little throwback (I posted the bare backing track without guitars, then the version with all AmpliTube 5 for guitars laid over it.

Click here to hear a little RnFR

You'll have access to the presets used for this soon!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby twilson74 » Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:19 am

Peter, the Gn'R sounds good!

I just got the new Slash presets and they're really slick. Great for high gain, but bluesy lead work. Very smooth. I like all of them, especially "Bad Rain" with the wah (using the auto-wah). "So EZ" I like too. All the Marshall tones are great and I like that he did some other ones like the German 34. etc.

Thanks again to you and IK and all the artists who made these presets for us!
twilson74

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling