Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 GEAR (and presets) Wishlist

Postby Mr Arkadin » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:58 pm

carlaz wrote:
Mr Arkadin wrote:Roland RE-3 Digital Space Echo

Being a fan of vintage things, I'd kind of prefer the Roland RE-201 -- and we know that this is already in T-RackS as the "Space Delay", so if a version of that made it into AmpliTube, I think it would probably get at least one buyer. :mrgreen: (That said, I think a Binson Echorec would still be a little higher up on my personal list. :D )

Yeah I was just suggesting some kit I have which is maybe a bit less common. I have a real RE-501 and to be honest I would have thought the RE-201 was already in AmpliTube as it's pretty standard guitar kit. As the 201 is already done that could be easily ported to AmpliTube I'm sure.

The RE-3 has a great reverb sound and the delays can get really glitchy when you sweep the knobs as they're only low bit resolution, which to me is a good thing. I've heard it's a bit of a shoegaze secret weapon. I would suggest a whole Space Echo package like the Leslie package, so maybe:

RE-201 Space Echo
RE-301 Chorus Echo
RE-501 Chorus Echo
RE-3 Digital Space Echo
Mr Arkadin

Postby carlaz » Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:16 pm

Besides various relatively "modern" delay-pedal emulations, AmpliTube has a couple of Echoplex-type tape-delays, but nothing that corresponds to the Space Echo! I think that the Space-Echo-based plugin in T-RackS is a relatively recent addition, and so perhaps a simplified version was not brought over to AmpliTube 5 (as various other elements presumably derived from T-RackS seem to have been).

I agree that a Space-Echo-type unit based on almost whatever model would be welcome in AmpliTube. IMO, it would also be nice if AmpliTube had some analog-tape emulation options other than the Tape Cassette unit -- though I recognize that players who that sort of thing are probably already mixing their recordings in DAWs and perhaps are already using tape-emulation plugins external to AmpliTube anyway.
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Soroka » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:59 pm

Billy86 wrote:How about The Edge U2 collection? :)

It would be nice to creat a new collection with U2's The Edge incredible sounds. That's a great idea!
Soroka

Postby Mr Arkadin » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:02 pm

Does AmpliTube 5 really not have Roland Dimension D? That needs adding for sure. Also I have an obscure chorus that I think would be fun to have. It's a Roland DC-50 Digital Chorus. It has RE-201 hardware styling and is definitely not digital (this is from 1976 I believe). Fun unit.

So:
Roland Dimension D
Roland DC-50 Digital Chorus
Mr Arkadin

Postby JohnnyDahlen » Sun Mar 14, 2021 8:57 pm

I would love to see some Suhr amps. Hedgehog, PT100, Badger, Bella.

And please continue on the Friedman path. Many great amps from him.

Another amp that would make my day is Cornford MK50 II.

And please, some more quality overdrives. There are too many to count to chose from, but the current selection is a bit underwhelming.
JohnnyDahlen

Postby livesforrap » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:08 pm

Lots of people asking for the Friedman.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby jjguitar » Sun Mar 14, 2021 9:42 pm

JohnnyDahlen wrote:Another amp that would make my day is Cornford MK50 II.

Absolutly ! 8-)
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:52 pm

carlaz wrote:
jhndp99 wrote:-Marshall JMP 50W 1987 MK II
-Binson Echorec (or catalinbread echorec)
-"ram's head" big muff

Yes to all that! I would add:
  • Marshall #1959 100W Superlead (though we have good cabs to go with it)
  • Marshall #1992 100W Superbass (with appropriate 4x15 and 4x12 "Lemmy" cabs :mrgreen: )
  • Laney LA100BL (and matching cab)
  • Colorsound Fuzz-Wah (which is awesome; trust me :mrgreen: )

Amen to the Marshalls - I know you and I have been wanting these amps for ages. It's about time it happened.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:56 pm

smata65 wrote:An Alex Lifeson signature pack or at least some of his amps; Lerxt Omega, Hughes and Kettner Signature TriAmp, Marshall Club & country combo.

Short of having a Kemper no one does the Lifeson amps. Actually I don't know of anyone that does any of the H&K amps. IIRC Alex's H&K was based on a Coreblade. Also let's not forget that at one point he was using Marshalls after he stopped running the H&K's.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby carlaz » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:05 pm

Soulpowergtr wrote:Brit 8000 is pretty darn close to me to a JCM800 2203, that is what i use - big Tom Morello fan and he has the JCM800 2205 Head. Not sure if the difference of the 2203 versus 2205 but maybe a little more gain.

Technically, the 2205 is the dual-channel 50w version of the 2203 (while the 2204 is a single-channel 50w version). I'm not sure about how the channels on the 2205 compare with the 2204 or 2203, but in any case either of the 50w variants ought to (I imagine) break up sooner than the 100w 2203.
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby carlaz » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:14 pm

n2mpujack wrote:Amen to the Marshalls - I know you and I have been wanting these amps for ages. It's about time it happened.

There can really never be too many vintage Marshall variants. 8-)

Yes, OK, I know that the JH Gold (basically a JTM 45/100) is quite good, and I know the AT5 version of the Brit S100 is quite close to the JH Gold ... and then there's the AT5 version of the Vintage Metal Lead (i.e. JMP 2203 Mk II Master Lead), so we've got the late '60s and the late '70s both covered, but ... if there were "based on early/mid-'70s-era Superlead and Super Bass" models, I would instantly get them both. :mrgreen:

And, yes: I know there's the Red Pig, which probably emulates a Marshall Major from that period -- but the Major had (as I understand it) a distinctly different circuit than the Superleads/basses (which, admittedly, had similar circuits), and AmpliTube's Red Pig sounds distinctly different to me than the JH Gold or BritS100 (which are as close as AmpliTube currently gets to "standard" Superleads/basses).

--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby n2mpujack » Wed Mar 17, 2021 11:24 pm

carlaz wrote:
n2mpujack wrote:Amen to the Marshalls - I know you and I have been wanting these amps for ages. It's about time it happened.

Yes, OK, I know that the JH Gold (basically a JTM 45/100) is quite good, and I know the AT5 version of the Brit S100 is quite close to the JH Gold ... and then there's the AT5 version of the Vintage Metal Lead (i.e. JMP 2203 Mk II Master Lead), so we've got the late '60s and the late '70s both covered, but ... if there were "based on early/mid-'70s-era Superlead and Super Bass" models, I would instantly get them both. :mrgreen:

And, yes: I know there's the Red Pig, which probably emulates a Marshall Major from that period -- but the Major had (as I understand it) a distinctly different circuit than the Superleads/basses (which, admittedly, had similar circuits), and AmpliTube's Red Pig sounds distinctly different to me than the JH Gold or BritS100 (which are as close as AmpliTube currently gets to "standard" Superleads/basses).

I just popped for AT5 based on a short trial with the 'teaser' version I got when I installed the new product manager. Must say I'm liking these Marshall models more than when they dropped in AT4. Still doesn't look like they did not fix the Silver Jubilee having the half-power switch and another Marshall has one that didn't have it in real life.

More Marshall models please :)
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby carlaz » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:31 am

n2mpujack wrote:Still doesn't look like they did not fix the Silver Jubilee having the half-power switch and another Marshall has one that didn't have it in real life.

Yes, it's curious that the AT5 gear manual emphasizes that "the Silver Jubilee was also the first Marshall to feature an output power section that could be switched from full to 1/2 power" and also that "the Brit Silver faithfully recreates the original Silver Jubilee down to every minute detail" but ... yeah, any half-power switch on the model seems well hidden! :?

But which of the "based on Marshall" models has a half-power switch that its physical counterpart doesn't have?
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby n2mpujack » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:10 pm

carlaz wrote:
n2mpujack wrote:Still doesn't look like they did not fix the Silver Jubilee having the half-power switch and another Marshall has one that didn't have it in real life.

Yes, it's curious that the AT5 gear manual emphasizes that "the Silver Jubilee was also the first Marshall to feature an output power section that could be switched from full to 1/2 power" and also that "the Brit Silver faithfully recreates the original Silver Jubilee down to every minute detail" but ... yeah, any half-power switch on the model seems well hidden! :?

But which of the "based on Marshall" models has a half-power switch that its physical counterpart doesn't have?

The Brit 9000 has a Hi/Lo Power Level rocker right next to the Power switch on the lower left of the amp gui. I kno0w some guitarists would pull the outer two tubes to get down to 50 watt output.
Jack
QAPLA!
OSX 10.13.6
PT 2021.6
n2mpujack

Postby carlaz » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:14 pm

n2mpujack wrote:The Brit 9000 has a Hi/Lo Power Level rocker right next to the Power switch on the lower left of the amp gui. I kno0w some guitarists would pull the outer two tubes to get down to 50 watt output.

Ah, but I believe that the JCM 900 actually had an "Output Mode Switch" on the back panel that switched between "HIGH" (full power) and "LOW" (half power). I think the "Hi/Lo" switch on the Brit 9000 model's main (and only) panel is intended to model this switch on the physical JCM 900 back panel. But possibly not all production versions of the JCM 900 had this "Output Mode Switch" on the back panel? I don't know!
--
carlaz
1K Club

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling