Free Soldano SLO-100 for AmpliTube 5, artist presets coming

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Free Soldano SLO-100 for AmpliTube 5, artist presets com

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:27 pm

shmihe wrote:Amazing presets Joe!

Seriously a gold mine of sounds in there, and it feels like the day I bought the Joe Satriani signature pack all over again!! He must be having a blast with AT5 to be coming up with these...

What's your favorite? I like the Gnaahh preset.

Edit - here's a post from elsewhere on the forum where I tweaked that preset and exported a quick test (was more about the export so this is no work of art:

And since I exported it, it is a rough test (and I left a little noise at the end) but hey:

Two slight variations of the same artist preset panned hard left and right. Recorded with my Strat-style Warmoth parts guitar built in 1987/88 by me and tweaked by a luthier with actual skill to fix my rookie mistakes - I was 16 at the time, cut me some slack. Bridge pickup, which is actually two old red (hottest they made at the time) Lace Sensor pickups wired together as they didn't make humbuckers at the time. They are passive but not noisy at all, can be split but in this case are running together as a single humbucker.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby shmihe » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:39 pm

Too hard to pick a favorite!!!!

At this moment, I am loving the "JS Far Away Octa-Fuzz" (rolled back delay mix to 10%). "JS Fuzz and Z" is right up there too. I have always liked the Z amp in AT4 & AT5.

"JS DS and OR", "SLO Classic Arena Rock" and "SLO Gnaahh" are both in my top 5 too.

So many beautiful clean presets to be had too...
shmihe

Postby martin.calvete » Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:34 pm

Sadly, it seems this presets uses unavailable gear for me. I'm updated and have Amplitube 5 SE.
martin.calvete

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:21 am

martin.calvete wrote:Sadly, it seems this presets uses unavailable gear for me. I'm updated and have Amplitube 5 SE.

The Soldano/SLO presets do not use commercial gear. We are giving away the Soldano SLO-100 and the pair cabinet. Joe specifically added those presets for users who have AmpliTube 5 CS and the free SLO-100 that we're giving away during this promotion.

I would suggest that if you still have issues, IK Support can sort them out for you as those presets that use only free gear were tested and found to use only free gear. You might not have everything properly authorized or something similar. I'm sure they can figure it out with you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby martin.calvete » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:25 pm

Peter_IK wrote:
martin.calvete wrote:Sadly, it seems this presets uses unavailable gear for me. I'm updated and have Amplitube 5 SE.

The Soldano/SLO presets do not use commercial gear. We are giving away the Soldano SLO-100 and the pair cabinet. Joe specifically added those presets for users who have AmpliTube 5 CS and the free SLO-100 that we're giving away during this promotion.

I would suggest that if you still have issues, IK Support can sort them out for you as those presets that use only free gear were tested and found to use only free gear. You might not have everything properly authorized or something similar. I'm sure they can figure it out with you.

I have no issues with the 3 SLO-100 presets. The problem are JS and GusG gift presets.
Which of those presets should I spect to work fine with Amplitube5 SE?
martin.calvete

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:38 pm

martin.calvete wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:

I have no issues with the 3 SLO-100 presets. The problem are JS and GusG gift presets.
Which of those presets should I spect to work fine with Amplitube5 SE?

Gus G presets for the Soldano/free gear should be clearly marked, and those will work with all versions. To see which ones work with your specific set of gear purchased, you'd want to use the icon that filters gear and presets so it shows only gear you own and presets that work with said gear.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby martin.calvete » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:34 pm

I know how to filter presets with my available gear, but from the announcement I see:

"Custom Shop users can expect one or more new free presets per week, while all other users of AmpliTube 5 (SE and Max) get 20 new artist presets to explore each week from Gus and the rest of the artists helping us celebrate AmpliTube 5."

I understand I can use 20 new presets each week with my gear (amplitube 5 SE), and this is not true.
martin.calvete

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:41 pm

There are presets that use the free gear, yes. The others vary in what gear they use from other collections so you may not be able to use all 20 of those.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby blasterx » Thu Mar 11, 2021 5:31 am

Where are the presets?

Edit:
I cant find the Joe Satriani presets:
blasterx

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 12, 2021 1:22 am

It depends where you copied the folder but make sure you are not filtering based on what you own. You should see the presets that include free gear, though, even if you are filtering for what you own. If this is not the case, please let IK Support know and I'm sure they can figure out what's going on.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby blasterx » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:48 am

Path:

blasterx

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:35 pm

Seems like the right spot. At this point I would recommend consulting IK Support for direct and official technical assistance if you still don't see the presets.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lurkalot » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:22 am

blasterx wrote:Where are the presets?

Edit:
I cant find the Joe Satriani presets:

I noticed the Joe Satriani preset are zipped up and double foldered. Unzip, open the folder, inside that folder you'll find another folder, copy this one to your presets folder inside AT5 and they should show up. They do on mine.
lurkalot

Postby DarkStar » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:38 pm

^^^
To help even more, can you post a pic to your folder hierarchy?

Upload it to imgur.com
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lurkalot » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:34 pm

DarkStar wrote:^^^
To help even more, can you post a pic to your folder hierarchy?

Upload it to imgur.com

Did you mean me? If so I don't use imgur.com, but can provide the images.;)

Windows 10.
My Documents > IK Multimedia > AmpliTube 5 > Presets >>

lurkalot

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling