access to website and Product manager

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

access to website and Product manager

Postby qwqqwqww » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:16 pm

Hi Guys.
I can't access ikmultimedia.com at all. I can access it from all other devices in my house on the same network, except my computer. I can't access it from any browser (tried safari, google chrome, Firefox). The error message says it cannot connect to ikmultimedia's server. - not even if I click through to them from link in google searches, etc. (tried it to make sure I wasn't spelling it wrong.) I've cleared cache and cookies, and my internet connection on my computer is fine with all other websites! Wondering if anyone has ever encountered this issue and if so how you go around it. Any advice would be much appreciated!

Ive downloaded the Install manager onto my ipad and forwaeded the file to my imac and installed. However when trying to open the manager it says no internet connection.

Im wanting to try the demo of Amplitube 5

running imac 10.12.5
qwqqwqww

Re: access to website and Product manager

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:32 pm

I would recommend checking where the connection is failing using tools like traceroute if you can. Also, if you have a HOSTS file entry for ikmultimedia.com that could be preventing access.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RenasMiran555 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:56 pm

Same problem here. Today I have purchased some ikmultimedia products and trying for more than 4 hours to install, register them. No chance! I even downloaded the product manager from my macbook to forward it to my iMac Pro and after installation the product manager says: no internet connection!
I tried everything. Its just frustrating!!!

Contacted apple, they couldn’t help.
RenasMiran555

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:59 pm

Have you checked your HOSTS file? A traceroute or similar to see where your connection to the ikmultimedia.com is getting routed and where it is having issues? Your internet provider can also assist more than Apple would with network connectivity issues.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby RenasMiran555 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:38 pm

I just checked that host file on terminal. Ikmultimedia.com is listed and with this IP 127.0.0.1.

I think I have read that the domain shouldn’t be there at all. So I need to delete it from the host. But how?
RenasMiran555

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:17 pm

That is a system file and normally I wouldn't recommend touching them but something has put that entry in. You'd need to edit that file with a plaintext editor and remove that reference.

127.0.0.1 is your localhost address (so you can leave that entry in if it is there as localhost but remove the line about ikmultimedia.com as there is no good reason to have it in your HOSTS file). That means it is routing your requests to ikmultimedia.com (luckily this forum is on another subdomain so it works for you to get this information) back to your own Mac/network card.

In short this is basically "dead routing" your attempts to connect to IK Multimedia's site and authorization servers. This is a technique that some firewalls will use to route nefarious traffic to servers etc as a way of blocking intrusions.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Tarek1978@hotmail.com » Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:59 am

Hello

I can't access the ik multimedia website from any device in my house while on wifi. If I turn wifi off of my phone, then I'm able to access the website, but as soon as I turn it on, It stops working. I would like to download updates and presets, but I can't. Any suggestions? No mention whatsoever of IK multimedia in my host file.

Thanks
Tarek1978@hotmail.com

Postby Tarek1978@hotmail.com » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:31 am

Rebooted modem, everything works fine now.
Tarek1978@hotmail.com

Postby pixel1beats » Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:59 am

Hi everyone, I'm having a similar issue.
Just bought a pair of iLoud Precision 6 and I've been trying to register the product and do the calibration.
Haven't been able to access the website from my computer, only through my phone.
Can anyone help me?
This is the message that appears in all browsers i tried (Safari, Brave, Chrome and Firefox)
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
Thanks a lot!
pixel1beats

Return to General Discussions