Initial ARC3 measurement, not so flat?

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Re: Initial ARC3 measurement, not so flat?

Postby duruskyd » Wed May 13, 2020 1:34 am

I did it again, this time with no sub. Same strange response. This is using the flat target curve (like before) and also with Sharp correction type which seems to knock down the peaks better.

Actually, it sort of predicts this happening:

I guess when it pulls up that valley, it can't help but create some peaks? My room is too bad for it? :)
duruskyd

Postby Peter_IK » Wed May 13, 2020 3:09 pm

Sorry to hear you are having problems. If you have measured again, consulted the manual and FAQ, and still have unexpected results I'd recommend talking to IK Support directly via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby duruskyd » Wed May 13, 2020 4:32 pm

Ok, i did. And to be clear, it's working wonders under 2kHz or so. Bass is sooo much better. I currently am using a profile with correction only between 40Hz and 2kHz and it sounds great. But when i add in the full high end correction it sounds like a tin can. Maybe its mental and i'm just used to that big dip in my uncorrected response?
duruskyd

Postby dougs.ik » Thu Feb 11, 2021 3:04 pm

It would be fun to see everyone's ARC 3 measurements. I was looking around in the forum to see if anyone was discussing the need to push the trim all the way for volume "make up". My right speaker is the one closer to the corner - yeah - not the best location for mixing.

A question I have is how when have you gone to far correcting a bad situation?

dougs.ik

ArC 3 Genelec 1030a mit Subwofer 7050

Postby valtonx » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:36 pm

Hallo Leute
Kann mir jemand sagen ob ich messen soll ARC3 nur Genelec 1030a oder Komplet mit Subwofer .
und ich würde gerne ihre Meinung wiesen ob ihr mischt mir Subwofer oder Ohne ?
valtonx

Re: ArC 3 Genelec 1030a mit Subwofer 7050

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:52 pm

valtonx wrote:Hallo Leute
Kann mir jemand sagen ob ich messen soll ARC3 nur Genelec 1030a oder Komplet mit Subwofer .
und ich würde gerne ihre Meinung wiesen ob ihr mischt mir Subwofer oder Ohne ?

With subwoofer if you use it while mixing. More details: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1321
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools