Free Soldano SLO-100 for AmpliTube 5, artist presets coming

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Free Soldano SLO-100 for AmpliTube 5, artist presets com

Postby dmitch » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:50 am

Well, dang, that thing sounds great. Thanks for the new amp! Imagine... a $4K amp and you're giving it away for free. Keep 'em comin'!
AmpliTube 5.7.0 MAX; 2023 Mac Mini M2 Pro, 16 GB RAM, macOS 14.1; Logic Pro 10.7.9; Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen.
dmitch

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 03, 2021 2:56 am

dmitch wrote:Well, dang, that thing sounds great. Thanks for the new amp! Imagine... a $4K amp and you're giving it away for free. Keep 'em comin'!

Thanks, it really is a great one. And they don't make the SLO-100 any more so you can grab it on your computer, for free.

IK actually also purchased the last one that Mike Soldano had, and he signed the head for us. We brought it to the last in-person NAMM too. Amazing amp.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby joaofeitor1 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 12:56 pm

Hello IK Multimedia.
I installed Amp Soldano and Joe Satriani's presets but only one preset appears in the Amplitube 5 browser, JS Soldano SLO Gnaahh.at5p, I've refreshed the browser and restarted the computer but I can't open the other Joe Satriani Soldano Presets.
I would like to know what to do.
Thanks.
J. Feitor
joaofeitor1

Postby garfy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:40 pm

Sorry to hear you're having these issues J. Feitor.

Make sure you have updated to the latest version of AT5 as these presets won't work in older versions.

This is a user-to-user forum, so if this does not resolve the issue there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby joaofeitor1 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:59 pm

garfy wrote:Sorry to hear you're having these issues J. Feitor.

Make sure you have updated to the latest version of AT5 as these presets won't work in older versions.

This is a user-to-user forum, so if this does not resolve the issue there is a link to the Technical Support form at the top of the Search FAQs page, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.

Thank you.
joaofeitor1

Postby datkings » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:04 pm

joaofeitor1 wrote:Hello IK Multimedia.
I installed Amp Soldano and Joe Satriani's presets but only one preset appears in the Amplitube 5 browser, JS Soldano SLO Gnaahh.at5p, I've refreshed the browser and restarted the computer but I can't open the other Joe Satriani Soldano Presets.
I would like to know what to do.
Thanks.
J. Feitor

If you are filtering the gear list to only show the gear you own then Amplitube 5 will also filter your preset list to only show presets that work with the gear you own. If you turn off the filter on the gear list I think you should see all the presets...
datkings

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:38 pm

Beat me to it, thanks. That is likely the issue.

For all interested in presets: We will also have some Marty Friedman presets coming. Here's a video he sent us where he uses AmpliTube 5 for the guitar parts, including the solo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKrGc-RZDDI

[youtube]We will also have some Marty Friedman presets coming. Here's a video he sent us where he uses AmpliTube 5 for the guitar parts, including the solo:

Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:41 pm

I am not sure if I am encountering the same issues as joaofeitor1, but although I am fully up-to-date with my software in my IK Product Manager, in which I can see a "Presets" tab for AmpliTube 5, which itself contains "Download" buttons for "JS Soldano Presets" and "Joe Satriani Signature Presets 2021", clicking the "Download" button either doesn't do anything or I can't figure out to what location the presets are being downloaded. If anyone can point out something obvious I'm missing: great! :D Otherwise, I'll toddle along and bother Support!
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby garfy » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:51 pm

Hey Carlaz

I think you’re on macOS(?). When I downloaded, the PM zipped each set of presets and dumped them in my standard Downloads folder.

Just need to unzip and move to the main preset folder. There’s a note doc with instructions in the zip.

Happy hunting ;)
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby carlaz » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:06 pm

garfy wrote:I think you’re on macOS(?). When I downloaded, the PM zipped each set of presets and dumped them in my standard Downloads folder. Just need to unzip and move to the main preset folder. There’s a note doc with instructions in the zip. Happy hunting ;)

Yes, I'm on macOS -- but although the "Download" buttons flash very briefly to "Downloading" when I click them, no new files or folders appear in my standard macOS "Downloads" folder.

I wonder if there is some weird Apple security feature that is trying (and succeeding!) to prevent IK Product Manager from downloading the files? This starts to sound like a Support issue!
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:09 pm

carlaz wrote:
garfy wrote:I think you’re on macOS(?). When I downloaded, the PM zipped each set of presets and dumped them in my standard Downloads folder. Just need to unzip and move to the main preset folder. There’s a note doc with instructions in the zip. Happy hunting ;)

Yes, I'm on macOS -- but although the "Download" buttons flash very briefly to "Downloading" when I click them, no new files or folders appear in my standard macOS "Downloads" folder.

I wonder if there is some weird Apple security feature that is trying (and succeeding!) to prevent IK Product Manager from downloading the files? This starts to sound like a Support issue!

Did you check the folder set for IK Product Manager downloads in the settings (if that is different than your standard Downloads folder)? That is likely where you'll find them, it is where they end up for me on Windows and the folder opens itself when downloading is finished.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby carlaz » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:26 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Did you check the folder set for IK Product Manager downloads in the settings (if that is different than your standard Downloads folder)? That is likely where you'll find them, it is where they end up for me on Windows and the folder opens itself when downloading is finished.

Oh ho! I did not! But now I have done so, and lo! there they are. :D

So there you go, Mac users: your default IK Product Manager downloads folder seems to be:
Code: Select all
Users/~username/Documents/IK Multimedia/IK Product Manager

... and then the .zip files with the presets themselves in this case appeared (logically enough) within a further "Amplitube 5" subfolder. I unzipped, moved the resultant folders to the normal AT5 presets path; and after firing up AT5, the new presets appear just they should.

Excellent: problem solved. 8-)
--
carlaz
1K Club

Postby supanorton » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:28 pm

Thanks to everyone for the tips on finding the presets! I've never been able to get on with SLO-100, so I can't wait to see what JS came up with. It's so cool that he did this for a piece of gear that isn't in his collection.

I'm really looking forward to all the new presets. Thanks to IK and all the artists!
supanorton

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:05 am

supanorton wrote:Thanks to everyone for the tips on finding the presets! I've never been able to get on with SLO-100, so I can't wait to see what JS came up with. It's so cool that he did this for a piece of gear that isn't in his collection.

I'm really looking forward to all the new presets. Thanks to IK and all the artists!

We were all very happy to hear that news. I was on a video call with Mark (who did the live stream with Joe this week) while he got the confirmation via text that Joe would be happy to do those Soldano presets in addition to the x0 (mystery number that includes the ones that are coming...) he had already been preparing. I'm pretty sure we cheered. :D
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby shmihe » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:39 am

Amazing presets Joe!

Seriously a gold mine of sounds in there, and it feels like the day I bought the Joe Satriani signature pack all over again!! He must be having a blast with AT5 to be coming up with these...
shmihe

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling