Lurssen Mastering COnsole crash on startup [Resolved]

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Lurssen Mastering COnsole crash on startup [Resolved]

Postby glocke » Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:50 pm

Hi, Thought I'd give the Lurssen Mastering Console a try. Installed it via the IK product manager, and when I try to start it I get a message - "the code execution cannot proceed because mkl_intel_thread.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix this problem".

Unfortunately re-installing didn't fix the problem!

Anybody got any ideas?
glocke

Re: Lurssen Mastering COnsole crash on startup

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 15, 2021 12:26 pm

Hello glocke and welcome to the forum.

The best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. But do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby kvraucous1 » Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:09 am

Hey Everybody, this is my first post here. I just purchased Lurssen Mastering Console for use as a standalone mastering program on my PC (it is a 1.5 year old HP with a 64 bit 8th Generation i5 processor). When I go to double click on the icon in Program Files > Lurssen Mastering Console it gives me the message that "The code execution cannot proceed because mkl_intel_thread.dll was not found"
Reinstalling several times did not help this issue. I am awaiting tech support from the IK Multimedia section now. Any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers
kvraucous1

Postby rik » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:46 pm

Same for me. Windows 10 - fully updated. Registered version will not run stand-alone and does not show in VST plugins. I have uninstalled/reinstalled/rebooted multiple times.
rik

Postby DarkStar » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:59 pm

Both of you should contact Technical Support as described above.

That dll is (part of?) the Maths Kernel Library. Quite why it is missing from your systems I do not know. Here, on Windows 7, mine are in sub-folders in C:/Windows and dated 2010 and 2012.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby rik » Wed Feb 24, 2021 5:06 pm

done
rik

Postby rik » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:39 pm

Response from Support ticket. Note that this worked for me after installing the Visual C++ library AND the older version (1.0.3). After 1.0.3 was working, I was able to upgrade to 1.1.0.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Mod redacted. Please review the rules on posting direct correspondence from Official IK Support. I know you're trying to help other users, but this could lead to others breaking something in their own system.]
rik

Postby kvraucous1 » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:40 pm

+1 here Rik.
I received the same instructions from the support team and mine is is now working as well.
For those about to Lurssen, I salute you!
kvraucous1

Postby garfy » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:01 pm

Glad that you both have this sorted now and is an excellent example of how working with IK Support will help fix issues.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools