Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby alienpops » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:33 am

How about an Auto function on the Output level. Where as you play through it, it can adjust the master output so it doesn't clip. That makes me nuts, trying presets and having to adjust the slider.

Sturphy, while this problem isn't unique to AT5/IK Multimedia, I agree that it is still annoying and one of my biggest pet peeves with most audio software (and even hardware). I have never understood why companies release software with presets with volumes that change so drastically from preset to preset (Of course I get that they are likely all created by different people in the company, but still...). I'm guessing that in order to make a release date, doing a quality check on presets gets a back burner to just getting the software out?

But the thing that doesn't make sense to me is that they could pay someone a day or half-day of work to go through all of the presets to make sure their volumes are consistent in order to make the product seem more refined (and also make it more user-friendly in the process). Instead, each and every user now has to spend a day to a half-day doing that very same work in order to tweak the presets so they are all at the same relative volumes. So now we have thousands of people (users) each doing the same exact work that a single person could have done in the beginning. And then every user is frustrated when suddenly their ears are blown out from changing presets. I have AT5 Max and I just gave up going through the legacy AT4 presets because of this issue. But, in the interest of making this a suggestion...

Suggestion: Give one of your loyal users a free copy of any upcoming software in exchange for having them go through every preset and making sure the levels between presets are equalized between presets BEFORE release. Having one person do this will save ALL of the rest of your users from having to go through the very same tedious process. Again, this isn't unique to IK, but I'd sure be happy if they took this suggestion :)
alienpops

Postby brad2raq » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:53 pm

datkings wrote:Please add the ability to MIDI map the tap tempo button.

Great work on AT5!

Yes MIDI map Tap Tempo
brad2raq

Postby Ad_Astra » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:22 am

When in amp view it would be nice just to be able to double click a cab to use it, not just drag.

The output in the main window goes only to -15dB. If you want less volume, it needs to be done on the mixer view.
Ad_Astra

Postby dale02racer » Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:35 pm

Would be nice if the looper could be started/stopped using the space bar on your keyboard like in AT4.
dale02racer

Postby acousticglue » Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:25 am

Definitely need the on/off for pedals etc on FX line lower screen
acousticglue

Postby livesforrap » Sun Feb 07, 2021 5:25 am

I'd love a key command to switch cabinets.

It's more difficult to have to scroll, mouse around, then select (even though it's a single click) than to have the arrow buttons or whatever move you around.

Too picky? Well, it's something I thought of :lol:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby BassyTobe » Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:55 pm

I don’t know if this has already been mentioned, but it would be cool if we could share self-made presets with other users.
BassyTobe

Postby Fuerte » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:34 am

[mod redacted, please request features only] have playlist of songs (YouTube or MP3/WAV) and automatically change guitar patch in the beginning of song and also anywhere within the song in 0.1 second accuracy.

So here is my suggestion, please add this functionality. AmpliTube has simple multitrack DAW built-in, but having a playlist and automatic program change should be much simpler to implement.
Fuerte

Postby jjguitar » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:02 pm

I´m not able to read the letters & numbers on the models in the rack section.The GUI is way to small.The reverb pedals with the red numbers are the worst.
Please make a resizeable GUI on these models. (Yes, I´m an old guy :oops: )
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby acousticglue » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:56 am

CPU still a bit high on XEON 3.0 12MB cache quad core. Latency with other plugins at 256 setting, not 512 gets some crackles now and then. Load times to start are still very slow pulling up VST3 in Reaper.
Otherwise its the best vst amp setup on planet.
acousticglue

Postby 67storm » Mon Feb 22, 2021 7:54 pm

I would like to close the whole right hand side panel, especially in live mode.
The live mode without custom shop, search, gear etc. would be great.
Rather center the representation of current amp or other equipment in the top pane and have the possibility to see more of the signal chain in the bottom pane.
67storm

Postby 67storm » Mon Feb 22, 2021 10:55 pm

It would be nice to have even more midi mapping possibilities.
For instance have different CC for each channel on amps that has more channels.
I can manage to switch between all 3-4 channels on amp with that many channels by assigning it to a rotary knob or slider but not to a button or pad because then it will only switch between two of the possible 3-4 channels on the amp.
67storm

Postby TioDeeDee » Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:23 pm

Any chance of getting some Mesa Boogie bass gear added to Amplitube? Their Subway series amps and cabs are amazing and would love to get access to those!
TioDeeDee

Postby acousticglue » Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:27 pm

Would like to have mix and pan options at route options area.
acousticglue

Postby acdc2000 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:39 pm

A multiband compressor or dynamic EQ with 3 or 4 bands is usefull. see in yt video Fix Muddy Metal Guitars with the Andy Sneap C4 Setting h ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN8cYb1j4rY

for the step filter there should be a smooth setting so that the filter change from one step to another step can set with a smooth value

ability to stereo processing so can double track guitars and need not copy amp settings. or maybe add a link amp /link cabinet setting. so that a change on ampsetting in top chain list change also (if the same amp) in lower chain list.
acdc2000

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling