Original I Rig HD

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Original I Rig HD

Postby mixacias » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:31 pm

With the new IPAD's using the lighting cable for both charging and headphones, does anyone know of any way to use the original I Rig HD with the newer IPADS since they do not have a separate audio plug?
mixacias

Re: Original I Rig HD

Postby mixacias » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:17 pm

crickets?
mixacias

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:28 pm

Since this is primarily a user-to-user forum and other users have not chimed in, you may want to contact IK Support to see if they have any ideas. Note that iRig HD came out before manufacturers decided to drop headphone jacks from their devices, so iRig HD 2 was created to solve this dilemma afterward.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mixacias » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:57 pm

ok. Thanks. Your response is greatly appreciated.
mixacias

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:02 pm

mixacias wrote:ok. Thanks. Your response is greatly appreciated.

No problem. I have not tried original iRig HD with a device that doesn't have a headphone jack so I don't know if there's a third-party cable that will work (also, Apple products + 3rd party cables can be a "crap shoot" as far as whether they'll do what you need them to do so I'd rather point you to a resource that might have some experience with a workaround - I sincerely wish you luck on that). Thanks!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mixacias » Thu May 06, 2021 7:13 pm

No luck on Third Party Splitters working with the IRig 2 and Apple doesn't make one. So, it's basically a paperweight now since, I have an newer Ipad that doesn't have a headphone jack.
mixacias

Postby Peter_IK » Thu May 06, 2021 8:09 pm

mixacias wrote:No luck on Third Party Splitters working with the IRig 2 and Apple doesn't make one. So, it's basically a paperweight now since, I have an newer Ipad that doesn't have a headphone jack.

The Apple 3.5mm --> Lightning Adapter has been tested to work with iRig 2. If you have problems with that, the IK Support team can assist you. The OP was about iRig HD which was released long before Apple took away the headphone jack, which is why iRig HD 2 was created once we were aware of the removal of the headphone jack.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mixacias » Mon May 10, 2021 9:49 pm

Sorry, I meant the Irig HD. Not the Irig 2
mixacias

Return to Interfaces & Controllers