Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby lbp2017 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 9:17 am

I currently own AmpliTube 4 Total Studio MAX 2.
In My product page I also have AmpliTube 5 SE showing with a serial number and registered date.
I haven't downloaded 5 as I don't know if this is an automatic upgrade and if 5SE version is better with more features than 4 Total Studio Max 2.

I have always found IK products not being clear with their explanations.
lbp2017

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:37 am

AT5 does not automatically replace AT4 on disk or in your projects. You can have both products installed and, indeed, load both AT4 and AT5 plug-ins into a single DAW project.

AT5 editions (including AT5 SE, but not the free AT5 Custom Shop) do have new features and do sound better. For a comparison, have a look at the Comparison PDF, on a link halfway down the AT5 product web page.

There is also a "What's New" section there.

And, if you do a "Restore my Purchases" in the new Custom Shop, then all of your AT4 gear will be available in AT5 SE too; as upgraded editions. (So the same gear will not sound exactly the same in AT4 and in AT5.)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lbp2017 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 11:57 am

Thank you for your response, but why can't existing customer upgrade for a smaller fee to Ampl5, rather than buying Ampl5.

Some DAW products give existing customers chance to upgrade to more advanced product rather than buying the new product for full price.
I can't see any other option with Ampl5 other than buying it and then own both 4 and 5. If there was an option to upgrade to 5 in order to replace 4 it would be a bonus.
lbp2017

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:37 pm

They can. Those who have AT4 can get the AT5 (or AT5 MAX) Upgrade. Look in your User Area / Upgrades & Crossgrades section to see what you qualify for.

But you have said that you already have AT5 SE (was that a bonus included in the TS2 MAX bundle?), so I am not sure what upgrade you mean.

Administrators and Moderators here cannot access your User Area.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby tommartini604 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 1:11 pm

DarkStar wrote:They can. Those who have AT4 can get the AT5 (or AT5 MAX) Upgrade. Look in your User Area / Upgrades & Crossgrades section to see what you qualify for.

But you have said that you already have AT5 SE (was that a bonus included in the TS2 MAX bundle?), so I am not sure what upgrade you mean.

I see what you are saying but like I've posted in other posts there is no real upgrade price. If you log in either as an existing customer or a new customer the prices are identical. The upgrades crossgrades area has the exact same prices as everyone sees. It's something I contacted support about. I agree with another post about there should have been a discounted price for say someone who owns Max 4. It should have been $100 to upgrade it all to Amp 5 not $299. Every other company does that. For instance I upgraded from Studio One 4 to 5 it cost me $99. The original price was $399 when I got 4. It's whatever IK decides, I understand that but I think everyone on these boards is upset that its almost a full priced purchase in reality not a discount for existing customs. My opinion of course and i have no say. I only purchased what i needed. [mod redacted - please review the rules]
tommartini604

Postby DarkStar » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:13 pm

tommartini604 wrote:If you log in either as an existing customer or a new customer the prices are identical. The upgrades crossgrades area has the exact same prices as everyone sees. It's something I contacted support about.

Yes, everyone sees the same prices. And anyone can buy an Upgrade / Crossgrade. But if you are a new user and buy an Upgrade / Crossgrade then you would not be able to Authorize it as you would not have a Qualifying Product.

Having said that the presentation of prices could be clearer. I have put forward a suggestion to Support. With prices for:
(a) for new users,
(b) for users with a previous major version of the IKM product (i.e. Upgrade),
(c) for users with another IK Multimedia product listed at 99 or more (i.e. Crossgrade),
(d) for other IK Multimedia product users.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:10 pm

The system will not let you buy an upgrade/crossgrade for which you don't qualify. Dealers can, of course, but they should have clear disclaimers about what you need to qualify on their listings. Since they cannot access the IK user accounts directly, they would not be able to verify your qualifications as happens on the IK site.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Feb 09, 2021 5:15 pm

Also, some seem to miss the "Starting from..." text that is shown on the IK site. That, and the greyed out options for which new users don't qualify show that there absolutely is a better pricing for those who are not brand new users.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lbp2017 » Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:10 pm

tommartini604 wrote:
DarkStar wrote:They can. Those who have AT4 can get the AT5 (or AT5 MAX) Upgrade. Look in your User Area / Upgrades & Crossgrades section to see what you qualify for.

I see what you are saying but like I've posted in other posts there is no real upgrade price. If you log in either as an existing customer or a new customer the prices are identical. The upgrades crossgrades area has the exact same prices as everyone sees. It's something I contacted support about. I agree with another post about there should have been a discounted price for say someone who owns Max 4. It should have been $100 to upgrade it all to Amp 5 not $299. Every other company does that. For instance I upgraded from Studio One 4 to 5 it cost me $99. The original price was $399 when I got 4. It's whatever IK decides, I understand that but I think everyone on these boards is upset that its almost a full priced purchase in reality not a discount for existing customs. My opinion of course and i have no say. I only purchased what i needed. [mod redacted - please review the rules]

This. I owned Ableton live 9 free version that came with interface, then for free upgraded to 10. Then at a fraction of the full price I upgraded to 10 live standard. I'm not prepared to pay full price to get extra minute items with 5.
lbp2017

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:20 am

AmpliTube 4 MAX to AmplITube 5 MAX gives you not only the new gear in AmpliTube 5 as well as the brand new features, the thousands of IRs, but over $600 in collections that have been released since AmpliTube 4 MAX.

I understand you want that free or cheap but... You're getting more than $600 in collections, the value of the new AT5 gear, AND a brand new engine with VIR™ technology, and more for a steal. There's a lot that you are getting for only 299.99 upgrade pricing.

If you don't want or need those collections - or if you picked them up along the way, you're welcome to upgrade to SE (which lacks the new AmpliTube 5 gear) or 5 standard (if you want that new gear too) at lower price points.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:22 am

And note that price is going up after this month. It has been extended as a courtesy, but it is a great value that many have been able to take advantage of but it will end soon.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby lbp2017 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 12:30 am

I never said I wanted it free, but there's not much info on upgrading other than getting the whole lot replacing older version. anyway, thanks for response.
lbp2017

Postby micdim » Wed Feb 10, 2021 3:47 pm

1. Can I delete AmpliTube 4 plugin and Standalone after upgrading to AmpliTube 5? Will all my settings still be in AmpliTube 5?
2. Also should I Un-Authorize AmpliTube 4, because I'm not using it?

Thanks and great upgrade!!!
micdim

Postby huli50 » Wed Feb 10, 2021 4:27 pm

micdim wrote:1. Can I delete AmpliTube 4 plugin and Standalone after upgrading to AmpliTube 5? Will all my settings still be in AmpliTube 5?
2. Also should I Un-Authorize AmpliTube 4, because I'm not using it?

Thanks and great upgrade!!!

I was thinking about this too. I really have nothing tying me to AT4 like work-in progress projects, presets that I can't migrate or recreate, etc. Also, as a follow up question, if I bought AT4 as part of AT4 Max, and deleted the plugin, un-authorized it, would I still have the gear I had available to me before un-authorizing it?
huli50

Postby Augdoc » Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:00 pm

I have the same question about de-authorizing 4.
Augdoc

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling