Total Studio Max 2 help [Resolved]

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Total Studio Max 2 help [Resolved]

Postby lbp2017 » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:28 am

Hello, I have downloaded total studio Max 2 from a USB key I purchased through IK multi. Already owned AmpliTube 4 so I didn't reinstall it.
I downloaded Syntronik, MP2, Modo bass, T racks, Lursen mastering console, and all works fine in my Ableton live 10 standard.

The issues is with Sample tank 4 and 3. Both open as a standalone and in Ableton. However, in ST4 only the Syntronik and MP2 opens, but ST3 doesn't open in ST4 and most of the sound libraries don't open in the instrument section.
I ran windows 10 , VST in c drive and sound libraries in D drive.

Do I uninstall the whole lot? Or is there a simple solution? Thank you in advance
lbp2017

Re: Total Studio Max 2 help

Postby DarkStar » Sat Jan 30, 2021 6:33 pm

Total Studio 2 MAX ("TS2 MAX") includes SampleTank 3 MAX + SampleTank 4 SE and wells as Miroslav Philharmonik 2 and Syntronik.

ST3 can load its own instruments and the Syntronik and MP2 instruments.

ST4 can load its own instruments and also all the ST3 instruments.

But, you need to get them in the right folders.

So, a few questions first:
-- what is the full path to the MP2 Instruments and Samples folders?
-- what is the full path to the Syntronik Instruments and Samples folders?
-- what is the full path to the ST3 Instruments and Samples folders?
-- what is the full path to the ST4 Instruments and Samples folders?

-- what path is selected in the MP2 Preference Settings?
-- what path is selected in the Syntronik Preference Settings?
-- what path is selected in the ST3 Preference Settings?
-- what path(s) is selected in the ST4 Preference Settings / Sound Content?

-- does the MP2 standalone program run OK and can you load and play its instruments?
-- does the Syntronik standalone program run OK and can you load and play its instruments?
-- does the ST3 standalone program run OK and can you load and play its instruments?
-- does the ST4 standalone program run OK and can you load and play its instruments?

For the various SampleTank Expansion libraries, I cannot recall which are for ST3 and which are for ST4. That can be sorted out later.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby lbp2017 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:16 pm

Thank you for your response. I managed to sort it and it works fine. I read in the manual that if I bought the USB version I only need to download the sound content from the USB. However , there is plenty of sound content in the My Product section on under my IK Multimedia account, but it looks like it's all on the Total Studio 2 Max USB so unsure if I need to download it.

Shame the T Rack S5 has unauthorized tape analog mastering machines.

T-RackS (and AmpliTube) make all the current gear available so that you can easily Try it out. For T-RackS, in many DAWs, you can hide unwanted plug-ins.
lbp2017

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:48 pm

OK. To help others, please let us know what you did to sort out the problems.

And, for a definitive answer about whether all the sounds being on the USB stick, I would suggesting contacting Technical Support.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby lbp2017 » Mon Feb 01, 2021 8:51 am

1. I downloaded all the plugins from the USB to a C drive. The same folder path where my DAW and other third party plugins are.

2. Then I created two folders in my D Drive where the sound content will be downloaded to.
I named these as SampleTank3 and SampleTank4. The reason to use another drive, or external drive for sound content is, the sound content has a large library, 100gb + so you want to keep your operating drive running smoothly and depends on your C drive some laptop users or Mac users only have 250gb C drive. ( This is where operating system goes, if you save everything in this drive , you can create a traffic jam)

Then I opened the sound content download folder from the USB and this is the important part. I downloaded SampleTank3 and other sound content such as Miroslav Philharmonic 2 etc. To SampleTank 3 folder I created in my D drive and SampleTank 4 in the Sample Tank4 folder.

Don't be eager to get it quickly download it so you can play with it quick. Pay attention to download and read the information during download. It tells you what you are about to download and tells you if it's SampleTank3 or SampleTank4. Therefore important to choose the correct folders for the plug ins to work.
lbp2017

Re: Total Studio Max 2 help [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Mon Feb 01, 2021 12:22 pm

Thank you. And that's good advice for other users.

---------------------------------------------------------
As this thread has been resolved by the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More