Lurssen Mastering Control-Can't find it in Reaper [Resolved]

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Lurssen Mastering Control-Can't find it in Reaper [Resolved]

Postby The_Ogre » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:44 pm

Hey guys,

I'm experiencing some trouble to make the Lurssen Mastering Control to work properly within Reaper. It's installed and authorized but I can't find it on the list of plugins. I already tried to use the Clean Cache and Re-Scan feature of Reaper, without success, and it's present in the /Common Files/VST3 paste where all the other plugins are. The same occurred in my old machine too (changed my PC about one month ago).

I'm running a W10 x64 system (current build), with Reaper 6.19 (last version) and Lurssen Mastering Control v1.1.0.

Can you help me how to figure it out to make this tools work?

Cheers
The_Ogre

Re: Lurssen Mastering Control - Can't find it within Reaper

Postby DarkStar » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:07 pm

Does the VST2 edition appear in Reaper.

I am not sure about VST3 (never use them) but can you have a look in the reaper-vstplugins64.ini (or similarly-named .ini files) in Reaper's resources folder?

Look for Lurssen and if the lines have less data then the others that means that Reaper detected a problem when scanning the plug-in.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby The_Ogre » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:58 am

DarkStar wrote:Does the VST2 edition appear in Reaper.

I am not sure about VST3 (never use them) but can you have a look in the reaper-vstplugins64.ini (or similarly-named .ini files) in Reaper's resources folder?

Look for Lurssen and if the lines have less data then the others that means that Reaper detected a problem when scanning the plug-in.

Lurssen just doesn't appear - none versions.

Just found where this .ini files is, and it seems to has a difference when comparing its sintax with the others.
Lurssen: Lurssen_Mastering_Console.vst3="an alphanumerical code"
The others: "Plugin_Name".vst3="an alphanumerical code","another alphanumerical code"
The_Ogre

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:13 pm

That confirms my suspicion that Reaper is detecting some problem when scanning the plug-in. And, once a problem is detected, Reaper ignores that plug-in in subsequent scans.

Can you install the VST2 edition and see if that scans OK? Or can you try the VST3 edition in any other DAW?

Just to check, the software is Authorized, isn't it?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby The_Ogre » Sun Dec 20, 2020 4:50 pm

Well, just reinstalled (without uninstalling first), now selecting not only the VST3, but the VST too. AAX doesn't make sense, as I don't use ProTools, and I not installed the standalone version as I tend to keep everything inside DAW (had done the same with AT4, AT5 and T-Racks 5). And then, tried the Clear Cache and Re-Scan within Reaper and nothing happened. Neither the VST or the VST3 shows up.

However, trying in other DAW right now isn't an option, 'cause I just have (and use) Reaper in my PC.

Yes, it's authorized for sure!
;)
The_Ogre

Postby DarkStar » Sun Dec 20, 2020 5:11 pm

You did do a "Clear cache / rescan", didn't you?

I cannot think of anything-else. The Reaper forum would only advise you as I have.

One for Technical Support? Check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link at the top to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby The_Ogre » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:04 pm

DarkStar wrote:You did do a "Clear cache / rescan", didn't you?

Several times, after each installation!

Well, just opened a ticket.

As soon as this issue is resolved, I'll post here.

Cheers
The_Ogre

Postby The_Ogre » Thu Jan 14, 2021 2:15 am

DarkStar wrote:And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.

DarkStar, it take a while, but the issue is finally solved!

I installed the standalone version of LMC and tried to run it, and had the following message prompted in the screen: "Code execution cannot continue because mkl_intel_thread.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program to correct the problem."

As it seems, this error was related with the lack of the latest Visual C++ in my system. So, I'd uninstalled LMC from my computer, and installed the last version of Visual C++.

After that, I installed the previous version of LMC (v1.0.3), tried to open the standalone (which happened for the first time), and then, updated to the current version of LMC (v1.1.0).

This guy seems to had been running the same problem. But I couldn't figure out if this procedure managed to outcome the issue for him:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25577

Well... then, inside Reaper, I still couldn't find neither VST (.dll) nor VST3 (.vst3) after trying to just Re-Scan, so I tried to use one more time the "Clear Cache and Re-Scan " command, and voilà. Finally, LMC is working both standalone and within Reaper in my computer for the first time ever.

I must thanks the guys of IK' support for all the tips reggarding this issue.
The_Ogre

Re: LMC - Can't find it within Reaper [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:33 am

That's good.

Please let Support know that the problem is fixed, with the details, so that they can consider updating the installer to include installation of that run-time library or add a note to install it separately.

As for Reaper, if Reaper detects a problem when scanning a plug-in, it ignore it on subsequent scans. The "Clear cache and re-scan" starts from scratch. Just for info, if you know what you are doing there is a quicker way, by editing the .ini file that contains the scan results. Ask for advice on the Reaper form.

------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools