IRIG for Facebook Live

Join the Mobile Music Revolution — IK Multimedia gives you the most complete range of iOS music accessories and apps. Discuss them all here.

IRIG for Facebook Live

Postby francisp65 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:32 pm

Hi Guys,

I need some help if anyone can? I have been using my iPhone with an IRIG and it still records perfectly to vides BUT.... It no longer works on Facebook for LIve broadcasts, Facebook is only recording through the built in microphone.

I would really appreciate anyone who could help me.

Thank you

Paul
francisp65

Re: IRIG for Facebook Live

Postby barryseelen » Sat Jan 02, 2021 3:15 am

I have the same problem. Help, please!
barryseelen

Postby Andyparkes71 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:01 am

yes same problem and my friends too..... are they working on this ....? I have started a request but no one seems to have an answer..
Andyparkes71

Postby MatthewLong » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:06 pm

Hello

We have a iRig Pro I/O working in conjunction from our church audio board/booth that connects into my iPhone 11 for livestream. Up until recently everything had been working fine doing livestream using audio directly from our audio board.
I suspect it might have something to do with the latest Apple iOS update to my phone? Not certain...

After the latest phone update, it seems that there is a disconnect somewhere to the phone or the phone doesn't recognize the audio once the Facebook Live begins. When the livestream is initiated, the iRig lights up as normal for about 2 seconds, then stops. The iRig Pro I/O still charges the phone when connected even though the audio is seemingly disabled.

We have the IK Media power supply and all official equipment to connect. No third party brands of hardware. Again, everything worked beautifully until a few days ago.

We have two of these same model iRigs...both are doing the same thing when attempting to connect and livestream. This is frustrating!
MatthewLong

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:49 pm

I'm sure if you open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support they'll be able to assist you and get you all set and up and running.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Stephen Sookoo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:55 pm

I have the same problem. I went and got the IRig HD 2, thinking it was the IRig 2. Same issue with my iPhone 8 and 7th gen iPad. Records fine, but not live.
Stephen Sookoo

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:24 pm

Peter_IK wrote:I'm sure if you open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support they'll be able to assist you and get you all set and up and running.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby MatthewLong » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:34 am

Peter_IK wrote:I'm sure if you open a ticket with IK Support via http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support they'll be able to assist you and get you all set and up and running.

Thank you. I have and am waiting to hear back. Does it normally take 2 days to get a response ? Not being rude, just inquiring. I need to get this back up before Sunday!
MatthewLong

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:15 pm

The team usually takes around 2 business days unless there's an unexpectedly large number of tickets in the system.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby coatesy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:48 am

I have the same issue! Please let me know when you get an answer. I would be grateful.
coatesy

Postby coatesy » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:33 am

Guys, here is a workaround and it works perfectly:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=irr3live

You're welcome :D
coatesy

Postby MatthewLong » Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:43 pm

It worked! Thank you, coatesy.
IK Media tech support also emailed me back and there's an alternate fix as well.
Download the free app called Streamlabs. You can connect your FB or social media platform to it and it will work for livestream!
MatthewLong

Postby Morgangv1 » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:04 pm

francisp65 wrote:Hi Guys,

I need some help if anyone can? I have been using my iPhone with an IRIG and it still records perfectly to vides BUT.... It no longer works on Facebook for LIve broadcasts, Facebook is only recording through the built in microphone.

I would really appreciate anyone who could help me.

Thank you

Paul

I AM HAVING THE SAME ISSUES TOO, please help us! Facebook live will not record with my brand new iRig Pro Duo I/O!!!!!
Morgangv1

Postby Santos75 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:00 pm

my iRig Pro Duo work fine whit making a live video but on facebook live the midi stay blue ?
any help please
Santos75

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:14 pm

It looks like Facebook Live and iOS 14.3 may have some issues, we have reported this to both (as have others since it doesn't happen only with our hardware). We do have a FAQ entry that talks about a potential workaround: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/?id=1403
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Next

Return to iPhone/iPad Apps & Accessories