Amplitube 5 not starting/showing black screen

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 not starting/showing black screen

Postby jdelcarmen018 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:04 am

I downloaded Amplitube 5, I restarted my computer and I also tried changing the display resolution settings on my computer and the problem is still the same, every time I try to open it, either the stand-alone or on FL Studio, it opens up the window and it just shows a black square.
jdelcarmen018

Re: Amplitube 5 not starting/showing black screen

Postby garfy » Sat Jan 02, 2021 10:43 am

Hello jdelcarmen018 and welcome to the forums.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby cunparis » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:18 pm

Any solution for this? :roll:
cunparis

Postby jdelcarmen018 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:36 pm

So it seems it's a graphics card issue, if You're Having this problem, you need to update your drivers by going to the manufacturer's website, in my case, i have an hp laptop so my graphics card manufacturer is Intel because it's the one factory, so on the Intel website, it guides you to identify which card you have and lets you download the latest update, i just did that, restarted the computer and it worked for me
jdelcarmen018

Postby cunparis » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:13 pm

My graphics is very old and doesn't support Open GL. So I ordered a new one. Thanks
cunparis

Postby sidhu » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:57 pm

Hey folks!
Im having the same issue here on Studio One v5. Laods and pases audio but a black screen and not control.
running it on an old laptop, i5 HP Elitebook 8460p.
Loads and works fine within Reaper. Any assistance much appreciated!

Thanks a ton!
sidhu

Postby steelpedler3 » Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:44 am

I have the same problem as other posters. Opens to a black screen. Ampliube 4 works fine in S1 Pro. But not Amplitube 5. But Amplitube 5 runs fine stand alone. Contacted IK support which responded quickly. Traded emails and they said it may be a graphics problem, but contact Presonus for help, which I did. Presonus responded quickly with a couple of suggestions. They wanted me to remove my Norton anti-virus and then remove or modify settings in S1. This was a little too risky for me, because of the possibility of mistakenly removing or changing a file that would cause bigger problems.

I'll live with Amplitube 4 until I replace my desktop someday maybe. Unfortunately, the driver on my graphics card is not upgradable, according to Intel. Frankly, I'm a little annoyed in how long it takes Amplitube 5 to open in stand alone and in S1, even to a blank screen, in comparison to Amplitube 4 and even Studio One 5, which are much quicker.
steelpedler3

Postby dancairney » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:58 pm

This and more. Amp 5 blank, both standalone and vst. Have new computer, all updates-MS and Dell, all available driver updates,complete detailed system check and working fine and outa the blue, wham. Also Scaler 2 and Ozone are doing the same so IK isn't alone.Their stuff has always been stable and works well. Sampletank 4 and Mododrum crashes FL studio and standalone B4 start so they are great starting test cases. . Am working w/ IK, Dell and MS to figure this multiple vendor thing out. Funny how this was outa the blue, like an update problem or driver issue.
dancairney

Postby ca212121 » Tue Sep 21, 2021 5:57 am

dancairney wrote:This and more. Amp 5 blank, both standalone and vst. Have new computer, all updates-MS and Dell, all available driver updates,complete detailed system check and working fine and outa the blue, wham. Also Scaler 2 and Ozone are doing the same so IK isn't alone.Their stuff has always been stable and works well. Sampletank 4 and Mododrum crashes FL studio and standalone B4 start so they are great starting test cases. . Am working w/ IK, Dell and MS to figure this multiple vendor thing out. Funny how this was outa the blue, like an update problem or driver issue.

Anything new here?
I got a Dell laptop, black screen when inserting Amplitube5 in StudioOne5Artist, which crashes when open Sampletank4.
Driver Update didn't help.
AT5 standalone graphics work. :roll:

Any help here would be very much appreciated.
ca212121

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:08 pm

For all these cases, please contact Technical Support, on the link above, for some one to one help.

Remember that similar-looking problems may not have the same underlying cause.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby dancairney » Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:04 pm

So here's the solution that worked for me. (No guarantees.) You read the problems. I downloaded Open GL Open extension viewer. It told me my version of it was 1.1 You need 2.0 or higher. I believe it's a MS update or Dell, I don't know which one fixed it and got it to 4.6 but ALL problems went away. Scaler crashed too and this fixed that also. Intel graphics drivers version 27.20.100.9664 6/1/2021 I know, it's really frustrating but i hope this helps. Call them (or maybe the tech got them to send it to me?)
dancairney

Postby Baroque7 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 9:28 pm

I know this post is old but, I too ran into the black screen problem. My graphics renderer was somehow set to open gl 1.1 as shown in Open GL Extensions viewer. Since I have the AMD chipset I just manually downloaded the new(Released 12.8.22) Adrenaline Edition graphics software & drivers.. I then went to Windows update page. AMD drivers updated automatically and results in Open GL viewer shows my Radeon graphics info with gl 4.6. Started Amplitube 5 again and graphics are back! So, in essence, update your graphics drivers for your chipset/board and this should work. May I add that I believe that Windows update changed my graphics renderer back to basic Windows 1.1 driver, leaving most IK products unusable.
Baroque7

Postby alextavadimusic » Sat Oct 07, 2023 3:54 pm

cunparis wrote:Any solution for this? :roll:

Same problem here
alextavadimusic

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Oct 09, 2023 4:39 pm

DarkStar wrote:For all these cases, please contact Technical Support, on the link above, for some one to one help.

Remember that similar-looking problems may not have the same underlying cause.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling