Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Discuss UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum and UNO Synth - IK's analog/pcm drum machine and our true analog synthesizers. Proudly designed and built by IK in Modena, Italy!

Re: Official UNO Synth Wish list!

Postby oliverthom707 » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:12 am

I've only had my UNO since yesterday but I would love a front panel button to control LFO to PWM, and a 32 step sequencer, 16 is quite limited really.
oliverthom707

Postby AstroZon » Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:48 pm

Love the sound. Love the IOS software. Wishlist? Well a polyphonic synth based on the voice architecture of the UNO. Definitely keep the oscillators and 2-Pole filter. A 4-voice would be good or maybe a 5-voice. You could call it the Quattro or Cinque. I'm hoping that you're way ahead of me and already working on it. Cheers and Thanks for the great UNO!
AstroZon

Postby sikdrumz » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:52 pm

Another request for a re-trigger option on the LFOs of UNO Synth.

We have been waiting over a year now for any further improvements to the synth. Please could we have an update for Christmas?

And please don't edit this comment out.
sikdrumz

Postby damjunk79 » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:29 am

Really Enjoying this nice Synth, here are my suggestions:

Editor Vst:
  • have an option to not load the current selected preset on the uno in the editor.
Patch settings would be saved in the Vst settings, like any softsynth.
Right now you need to save your patch settings on computer/uno and keep track of which patch number is used on which track/project in DAW, that is a deal-breaker for the workflow.
  • Ability to see and edit the 20 lanes of parameter automation in a sequence
  • Aditional Software LFO's and mod matrix to modulate any paramter that have midi CC
Uno Synth:
  • Snappier envelopes
  • one shot mode for LFO
  • Add randomness option where possible, oscillator drift, filter drift, LFO drift...
  • Ability to sequence probability of a note being transposed by x semitones
  • Option to have performance controls be an on/off toggle and to set their intensity

I have also strong interest on theses points that have been posted:
  • longer sequencer/pattern chaining
  • envelope retrigger n th time and LFO retrigger. Inverse LFO envelope
  • Keytrig and Transpose sequence and Arp
  • slower LFO
  • slower tempo
  • option to have octave switch instead of preset change by default
  • Oscillator sync, ring, FM
  • Duophony
damjunk79

Postby sikdrumz » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:52 pm

Will Uno be getting any updates to allow it to work with MIDI 2.0?

Also, it’s 2021- is there any chance of another firmware patch at all??
sikdrumz

Postby SpaceFire » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:25 pm

Hi,

[mod redacted - not relevant nor true]

Also I’d like to add a request to the next firmware update to include POLY-CHAINING more than one UNO to make a poly-synth.

Many other manufacturers support this type of facility and it will encourage people to buy more than one product from you!

Thanks,
JJ
SpaceFire

Postby sikdrumz » Sun Jan 24, 2021 7:05 pm

For anyone who hasn't seen this yet, IK have just launched the replacement to the UNO Synth:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/unosynthpro/

[mod redacted - no need for eye-rolling, and it isn't a replacement, it is its own product. Not to mention this thread is going way off topic, stick to the wishlist items please]
sikdrumz

Postby raffivegas » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:31 pm

sikdrumz wrote:For anyone who hasn't seen this yet, IK have just launched the replacement to the UNO Synth:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/unosynthpro/

Hey there, I was kind of salty about it at first too, but I thought about how much the base UNO Synth offers vs how much it costs and then all my gripes faded away. I even recorded a new jam with one of my two UNO's and began to really appreciate it again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WM_Gz-0g5U

I've also realized I love the limitations offered by certain synths, workflows, and setups. For example, my eurorack modular doesn't have a true melodic sequencer. I use a randomly generated CV sequence from the Pamela's New Workout module to try to "get" a melody. I have a CV scale quantizer that will lock the random CV output from the Pamela's module to a meaningful musical scale, then I use other synths to accompany the generated melody. I don't always get what I want from it, and there's a lot of chance involved, but when it all comes together, it comes together really well, and it's fresh and exciting.

For those wanting more steps, just pair it with a Keystep, seriously cheap option considering all things.

Lastly, I don't think the release of the UNO Synth Pro should be considered as an UNO Synth replacement. The Pro costs significantly more and as far as I know IK isn't retiring the base UNO as I would imagine there's still a market segment for it.

My 5 cents. Use what you got. The grass is always greener. Would love to have the Pro with the Fatar keybed one day, so darn seksy.
raffivegas

Postby sikdrumz » Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:32 pm

I wish the VST control software for the UNO synth had all 6 guest presets (Jaqob Haq etc) built in so that you could select them directly from the VST rather than their file location.

The standalone phone/tablet apps already have this functionality.

Love you mods, so very much. Can you feel it? x :roll:
sikdrumz

Postby Julius59 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:17 pm

Yes, me too.

1) 32 sequencer steps
2) transpose function on the sequencer steps.

Please, please!!!
Julius59

Postby DavidFulbrook1 » Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:25 pm

Android support!!!!! How hard can that be?

Longer sequencing.

I can't get into the editor on my mac products as they are all out of date.
DavidFulbrook1

Postby subhamsinghh48 » Fri Mar 11, 2022 12:51 pm

I just got this thing last night and love it. I would like to thank Ryan for answering some technical questions I had a month or so ago when I first started considering purchasing it.
subhamsinghh48

Postby TwiggySDW3 » Fri May 13, 2022 11:56 am

Definitely would like to see another firmware update for this, hopefully that sequencer increase from 16 to 32. Would certainly influence the purchasing of future products.
TwiggySDW3

Postby Arczi979 » Thu May 26, 2022 9:41 am

I have the Uno Synth only a few days... but already I see one major flaw of that device (actually of the way the knobs work). When you set a value on any parameter (for example "TUNE1") and switch for example to FILTER to change for example parameter "DRIVE" then even small rotation of the knob sets the value the same as it was previously set on the parameter "TUNE1". It is a big problem when you want to control parameters when playing a recorder sequence or using an arpeggiator. Ideally it should work in the same way as for example sliders on the GoXLR interface.

In my opinion Knobs should work this way:
- CURRENT STATE: TUNE1 set to 10, DRIVE set to 50
- you are on the OSC group and using Knob3 you are changing value of the TUNE1 to 100
- now you are switching to FILTER group
- small move of the Knob3 doesn't change anything except value set on the DRIVE is displayed on the LCD screen (so the LCD screen now displays value 50)
- when the Knob3 is rotated enough to the left (to meet the position where is the value 50) then the value of the DRIVE is slowly starting to be adjusted by the move of the Knob3.

In my opinion in the SEQ and ARP modes it should work as I described (or at least there should be an option to change the mode how the knobs work).

[EDIT]
I found that you can change default Knobs behaviour using UNO Synth Editor (and the device remember the settings)- so the feature described by me actually exists in the external software. Does any one know if that function can be changed without the MAC/PC software?
Arczi979

Postby Arczi979 » Thu May 26, 2022 10:50 am

EDIT 2
After short testing the closest KNOB BEHAVIOR to what I described is the "PASS THROUGH ''. There is only a small issue with that. When I switch from one parameters group to another parameters group (for example from OSC to FILTER) and when I move specific Knob then the value displayed on screen is still this one set on the previous group of parameters (so in my case value that was set on OSC group) until I find the position/value of the know which was set on the currently selected parameter. It would be much easier if any small move of the knob displays the value on the currently modified parameter - so it is much easier to rotate the knob in the specific direction to "catch up" the value which is currently set on the modified parameter.
Arczi979

PreviousNext

Return to UNO Synth Pro, UNO Drum & UNO Synth