Lurssen Mastering VST loses preset in master track [Resolved

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Lurssen Mastering VST loses preset in master track [Resolved

Postby MichaelwDean » Sun Jan 10, 2021 8:24 am

Hi,
Love the program. I usually use it as freestanding.

But now instead I want to put the LMC VST3 on the master track in Reaper with a couple other VSTs. I want LMC to be set to one of my custom presets, so when I open a new project in Reaper, LMC is in the master track, and set to my fave custom preset.

When I save my VST choices as the Reaper master track, it does not save the preset. It does however save the presets of other VSTs. And when I have LMC on any track and save the project, when I open it back up, the preset I use is gone, it's back to default.

Any idea how to fix this so it saves on the Reaper master track with the correct preset and my LMC preset on a track is saved?

I added a request on the xmas wish list here for replacing the default preset with a custom preset. That would certainly solve this.

Thank you!
Michael.
MichaelwDean

Re: Lurssen Mastering VST loses preset in master track (reap

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:56 pm

Hello MichaelwDean and welcome to the forum.

Reaper certainly should be saving the plug-in data, both on the master track and on other tracks. AS far as I know, it does not single out LMC

I presume that you are using the Preset Save within LMC, not Reaper's own preset saving. From a brief test here, it does look like the knobs settings etc are saved, but the preset name is not.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby MichaelwDean » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:11 pm

>I presume that you are using the Preset Save within LMC, not Reaper's own preset saving.

Yes.

>From a brief test here, it does look like the knobs settings etc are saved, but the preset name is not.

Do'h! How did I miss that??

Yeah, it's all good.

Thank you for your service!

MWD
MichaelwDean

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:29 pm

.. Not quite all good, LMC should be passing the preset name to the host for saving along with the other plug-in data.

Please report the problem to Support:
via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby MichaelwDean » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:45 pm

DarkStar wrote:.. Not quite all good, LMC should be passing the preset name to the host for saving along with the other plug-in data.

Please report the problem to Support:
via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form.

Yeah, I guess I meant "good enough for what I'm doing today."

Reported to support.

Thanks!
MichaelwDean

Re: Lurssen Mastering VST loses preset in master track [Reso

Postby DarkStar » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:50 pm

You're welcome :)

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools