Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby livesforrap » Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:48 am

Sounds cool, do it IK! :lol:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby opcode » Tue Jan 05, 2021 2:19 pm

I have two feature requests regarding usability of the cab section.

FR1: Please add an unlink function for the cab-speaker combination.
As is already possible for amp-cabinet combinations, it should be possible to unlink the speaker model from the cabinet.
If I have my favourite speaker and want to see which cab it sounds best in, I have to keep reapplying the speaker to every single cabinet before I can hear what it sounds like.
A link button for the speaker selection could easily be added to the UI to support this.
If the number of speakers decreases, it could just use a subset, starting with the ones that are mic'd. If the number inreases, the recently used speakers could just be replicated the first time we move to a higher number of speakers.

FR2: Please add an "apply to all positions" option when applying a speaker to a cabinet.
Mixing and matching is nice, but I usually want to apply the same speaker to all positions in a cabinet. Right now, there is no efficient way of filling all positions with the same speaker, which is important when trying to assess what a speaker sounds like (in a particular cabinet).
opcode

Postby oriundo » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:29 pm

Display the name of the current open project in a visible place, like the title bar or a dedicated window in the GUI.
Today the only way to recall which project we are working in is to click Save As and check the name in the File name field.
oriundo

Postby alienpops » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:53 am

Add a midi-controllable bypass to 500 rack effects. Currently, this is only possible when they are inserted as pedals. Or just make the "power" into an assignable bypass/off switch. In the case of software code, the different between turning the "power" button off and "bypass" is effectively the same thing (don't run this bit of code).

The AT5 amps/cabs sound great, but I am finding it less "fun" to play around with because of some of the skeuomorphic imposed limitations. As with one of my previous suggestions (not to hide the controls for rack-as-pedal or pedal-as-rack inside black boxes with edit buttons), these limitation from the real-world gear they represent don't need to exist in a software product. Heck, I'd bet some tech savvy electronics wiz could actually wire up a 500 rack on a real pedalboard and add a toe-click bypass switch and have the controls accessible IRL. Or wire a physical pedal so that it was wired directly into a 500 rack with its controls accessible. As it stands now, it seems like there is a penalty for experimenting (I'm less likely to use a rack delay as a pedal since I can't tweak it side-by-side with my other pedals). The functionality already exists in the software, just need to remove some of the UI barriers.
alienpops

Postby opcode » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:26 pm

Request: Return to usable perspective where amp settings are visible

When looking at my amp, I want to immediately see how it is set. Many amps, such as the Deluxe Reverb pictured below, are now shown in a very weird perspective from the bottom, such that the current setting (at the top of each knob) is not visible and thus needs to be inferred from the surrounding numbers. While knobs are being turned, the numbers pop up, but the important thing is that I would like to immediately see how the amp is set up just by looking at it.

opcode

Postby dmitch » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:56 pm

opcode wrote:Request: Return to usable perspective where amp settings are visible

Covered and discussed here

https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=26377
AmpliTube 5.7.0 MAX; 2023 Mac Mini M2 Pro, 16 GB RAM, macOS 14.1; Logic Pro 10.7.9; Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 3rd Gen.
dmitch

Postby alxmrtnz » Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:29 pm

ambrs57 wrote:Things I would like to see improved.
3) Cumbersome midi stomp control setup. I decided I needed to load a volume pedal in stomp slot 1 for one of the presets. That caused the other stomps to move over one slot and suddenly I had to make each stomp relearn its midi bypass setting. Why not have each stomp remember this, regardless of which slot it is in? Since we can no longer set stomp slots to midi in global settings, we have to program each stomp box individually anyway. At least we shouldn't have to redo it every time we move one. And bring back global midi control for stomp slots!

The last part is for sure needed back: bring back global midi control for stomp slots
alxmrtnz

Postby alienpops » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:05 am

A couple of wishlist items for the Looper:

1. Per previous suggestion, create a preference to "save current looper settings as default" (or something to that effect). But if that isn't possible, please make "REC OD PLAY" the default behavior.

2. The metronome click is a nice feature. It would be nice if there was a preference or button to enable it to only click while recording (and count in).

3. Since the AT5 looper now has a click sound, it seems there are some options to make the looper even cooler: You could allow users to set a predetermined loop length (4 measures for example). Or add an option to "stop at end of measure" when stopping recording. That would make it possible to have loops in perfect tempo.

4. This may relate only to controlling the looper with the Stomp io. In AT4, pressing buttons 3 & 4 would exit the looper and it would keep playing. So then you could switch to another sound and play over it (which is how I prefer to use it). In AT5, hitting buttons 3 & 4 exits looper mode and stops the loop. Would prefer the loop to keep playing.
alienpops

Postby blueshift9 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:37 pm

Scenes..... definitely. I also use BiasFX and it's so handy to have them. It let's you really have 4 closely related presets in one. This would also simplify MIDI switching.

Additionally I think using a system for feature requests where we could vote up features would be a much better idea than just a forum. Presonus uses this for Studio One and they generally get to the stuff users want the most faster.

Great work on the sound of v5.
blueshift9

Postby livesforrap » Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:17 pm

I don't like how dark and muted the writing is under presets. Even expanded it's hard to read.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby jmadrid83 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:01 am

Hello,

Some features nor improvements, ordered with more priority first:
1. Undo/redo, I think we all are together in this :)
2. Ask confirmation to "discard/save" an unsaved preset when you want to switch to another one (only when manually changed not when using MIDI PC). It hapenned that I made a few changes and when trying to click on save I wrongly pressed the preset change arrow so the preset changed without any confirmation and I lost my changes.
3. IR loader in DI and previous/post the cab section. For instance sometimes I use both pickups and piezo and I would like to load an Acoustic guitar IR in the DI or even before the regular path to the amps, this can also work as a "guitar match" if you have other electric guitars as IRs. Also you could load reverb IRs in the mixer section.
4. Looper for DAW use, not only standalone.
5. Select midi cc number automation directly, in AT4 was possible to select "assign MIDI CC 5" to some module, now in AT5 you need to send the signal to “learn” it so you must have connect an external MIDI controller or sending it direclty writing MIDI in the DAW, since I usually don't have the MIDI controller connected all the time is easier when you do it directly selecting it as described.
6. Allow folders in IR loader section, in time if only imports the IRs there will be a lot a of IRs and with names that is going to be really hard to follow, is better to have a folder/directory structure like other IR's loaders
7. Preset exchange between Amplitube users
8. Common mixer for all Cabs, is clunky to go clicking "Cab 1" or "Cab 2", etc., it would be great to see the entire mix console with all buses and mics with a better layout, and using a horizontal scroll if needed instead clicking the different Cabs sections.
9. A/B switching nor different “scenes”
10. Amp Match feature, sometimes you need to get the exact or closest tone of old recordings or even for tribute projects, even that I know in time tweaking settings in AT5 will get me there is easier and time saver if you offer the feature to match an amp or even EQ match.
11. Possibility to load external FX or plugins, I don't know if is possible to load external modules (VSTs).
12. Imported IRs list ordered alphabetically, at least in my case when I import in different time (not all together) some IRs are listed it seems in "recently added" order and not alphabetically.

Great work on this new version!

Thank you!
jmadrid83

Postby DarkStar » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:29 pm

AT4 had 100 program slots in the plug-ins. They made it really easy to set up different gear configurations, try them out and compare them. Just by selecting a different program slot. The program could also be selected by Program Change messages from a DAW host or MIDI controller (making live playing / switching easy).

Sheesh, even AT2, AmpegSVX and T-Racks3 had them :)

The alternative is a lot of messing about in a DAW, and in some DAWs it is not at all easy.

AT5 does not have them. Please bring them back. In all the products, not just AT5.

And it would help with this too, I think:
carlaz wrote:Finally ... I'm not quite sure how to best articulate this, but ... it would be nice to have various features that made it easier to compare tones between different settings on the same piece of gear or swapping a given piece of gear (for another given piece of gear) in or out of a chain.

-- save the gear and settings as one program,
-- make a few mods,
-- save the gear and settings as a second program,
-- switch between the two.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby FrThib » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:02 pm

I think to be able to load a folder of IR instead of importing them one by one would be great.

More, the ability to create folders in AT5 for the imported IR would be usefull

add a "favorite IR" folder who could contains all IR marked in some way from the folders i spoke.
FrThib

Postby adridev » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:45 pm

I think would be really nice to have a looper pedal, a Ditto-like one only one button. This should be controllable with only one momentary MIDI switch.

Thanks.
adridev

Postby sturphy » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:14 pm

How about an Auto function on the Output level. Where as you play through it, it can adjust the master output so it doesn't clip. That makes me nuts, trying presets and having to adjust the slider.
sturphy

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling