Jamstix and Modo Drum

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Jamstix and Modo Drum

Postby brockkel » Sat Jan 02, 2021 9:15 pm

I had read somewhere about someone here ;) promoting Jamstix for use with Modo Drum.
I can honestly say after some fenagling with my DAW and Jamstix, it is a pretty cool program.
It integrates well as a midi input to MD, only a few slight changes were needed in mapping to my preference.
And the "jam" feature actually works good, I loaded an audio bass part on a track and Jamstix read it and started producing a drum part to play along.
Nice thing is there is a ton of parameters to adjust on play style. It also has a very in-depth user manual which is great.

I have a Roland drum machine which has nice pads to use with MD, but i'm not that good with it, so having something like Jamstix is a big time saver for ideas.

Anyway, enough promotion. 8-)
brockkel

Re: Jamstix and Modo Drum

Postby bosone » Tue Sep 21, 2021 1:40 pm

I am a long-time jamstix user and just got modo drum.
Is there anyone who already made a patch/map for jamstix to be used with modo drums?
bosone

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:41 pm

JamStix should have built in support for MODO DRUM for a while now.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby bosone » Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:47 pm

Unfortunately I have an old version... I'll check! :)
bosone

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS