Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby pyerbass » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:13 pm

Arg! I have amp4 max and I am using amp5 custom shop:

It seams that Amp5CS is only able to load 2fx rack and a few pedals...
So yes my gear is restored but all my personal presets are chopped off with a lot of missing fx...

I really wonder who around the table proposed to make CS5 less powerfull than CS4 (which you could load more fx inside).

I must say it's really hard to love you when you guys take that kind of decission to left your customer out. And as always, the fact that I own Amp4max, sampletank max, Tracks max, doesn't comes into account, SE is the same price than anyone else. don't tell me about jampoints: sweetwaters and jrr offer almost the same deals without using jampoints.
pyerbass

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Dec 30, 2020 6:54 pm

Yes, SE is a slim version with great pricing just like the MODO SE versions. Current users get a much better deal than new users on AmpliTube 5 and MAX.

JamPoints are 100% valid a suggestion since nearly every user who orders uses them and thank you for the heads up about dealers as they are not supposed to charge less than the listed price, I'll have our reps who handle the dealers check those out. Note, however, that Sweetwater doesn't charge less for SE (or other versions of AmpliTube 5) than we do, not sure where you got that information from. Also finding JRRShop does not either - nor does it accept their normal "secret" coupons.

AmpliTube 5 is a huge leap so yes, the hard work the developers did on it does deserve compensation. I'm sorry that you feel your deal isn't good enough to justify this, so you may want to wait for a better deal if you don't need to use it right now. The free version is, well, free so it would be limited as to not give away the great features you can get for a great price currently.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby pyerbass » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:35 pm

[mod redacted: US dealers should not sell to EU and are required by law to charge tax where they are allowed to sell]

I had the chance to try the complete version and it does worth money for sure.
but I understood CS5 as a version where people can use their Amp4max gear, without new features, it felt like a nice gift for users that are happy with their sound and don't need a custom IR loader.
Now maybe you should write in bold "you won't be able to load any presets that requires more than 2 fx rack". (doesn't appears in the comparaison charts)

making CS5 less usefull than CS4 (without even mentioning it anywhere) will be nothing else than a source of frustration for faithfull users.
pyerbass

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:18 pm

pyerbass wrote:...
but I understood CS5 as a version where people can use their Amp4max gear, without new features, it felt like a nice gift for users that are happy with their sound and don't need a custom IR loader.

I would raise this with Technical Support as it may be something that just has not been considered for AT5 CS.

Contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:50 pm

But if you are happy with your AT4 sound and don't need AT5 features (including the one that is a huge part of the improvement - VIR™ technology), AmpliTube 5 does not overwrite AmpliTube 4 which you can continue to use instead of trying to force AT4 presets to sound the same or nearly the same in AmpliTube 5 (since you'll definitely be using the same cabinet IR tech without SE/5/MAX).
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby thylar77 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 11:45 pm

Any chance of the AT-5 upgrade price of $149 being extended beyond today?
thylar77

Postby livesforrap » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:36 am

Well, one good thing happened this year, got AT5 :lol:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby huli50 » Fri Jan 01, 2021 7:06 am

thylar77 wrote:Any chance of the AT-5 upgrade price of $149 being extended beyond today?

Extended to January 4 from what I saw in an announcement.
huli50

Postby livesforrap » Fri Jan 22, 2021 12:24 am

I've found most of the AT5 videos to be poor or too much djent and not enough of everything else :lol:

Some of the IK ones were good and explanatory. Others are just chugging and useless opinions. Anyways, youtube, love/hate relationship :roll:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Permanent crashes in the midi settings

Postby HansHase » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:38 pm

Permanent crashes in the midi settings.
After assigning the Control Changes and closing the window the program crashes.
HansHase

Re: Permanent crashes in the midi settings

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:42 pm

HansHase wrote:Permanent crashes in the midi settings.
After assigning the Control Changes and closing the window the program crashes.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. Please open a ticket with IK Support if you have not done so already. They can provide direct technical assistance and get you up and running.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jjguitar » Fri Jan 22, 2021 7:39 pm

livesforrap wrote:I've found most of the AT5 videos to be poor or too much djent and not enough of everything else :lol:

Some of the IK ones were good and explanatory. Others are just chugging and useless opinions. Anyways, youtube, love/hate relationship :roll:

These 2 videos are different and very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xoYPjlb3Ps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b87NAm0mUdY
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby livesforrap » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:01 am

jjguitar wrote:
livesforrap wrote:I've found most of the AT5 videos to be poor or too much djent and not enough of everything else :lol:

These 2 videos are different and very interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xoYPjlb3Ps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b87NAm0mUdY

Thanks! I'd seen the Pete Thorn one, but not the other.

@Pete Thorn. lolz, he makes ANYTHING sound like Pete Thorn :lol:
livesforrap

Postby raylinds » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:39 pm

I know this has been discussed, but I cannot find a definitive answer. I am interested in the VIR cabinet technology. I have AT4 with a number of purchased cabinet collections like Fender 1 and 2. If I purchase the full AT5 upgrade (but not Max) I know my cabinets will work in AT5 but will it be upgraded to the VIR with 600 IRs per speaker, or are they just used in AT5 with the same IRs as AT4?

Thanks,
Ray
raylinds

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Jan 27, 2021 8:42 pm

raylinds wrote:I know this has been discussed, but I cannot find a definitive answer. I am interested in the VIR cabinet technology. I have AT4 with a number of purchased cabinet collections like Fender 1 and 2. If I purchase the full AT5 upgrade (but not Max) I know my cabinets will work in AT5 but will it be upgraded to the VIR with 600 IRs per speaker, or are they just used in AT5 with the same IRs as AT4?

Thanks,
Ray

If you purchase AmpliTube 5 yes your cabinets will work with the new VIR™ technology.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling