Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby jjguitar » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:32 pm

carlaz wrote:Do I hear any love for the MiniPlex 20 (based on Friedman Pink Taco PT-20) amongst the new AT5 gear? I'm a big fan of "trad/vintage" British-style amps, and this thing will get that vibe as well as going screaming into the "modded/hot-rodded Plexi" thing, as well. I'm actually switching the gain structure (via that mysterious S-switch) back a notch from full-on and then smashing it with the Treble Booster from the Brian May collection to get some glorious Sabbathesque sounds through the Satch Green cab. Also, now that the EQ 81 is a bit fixed up in 5.0.1, you can use the hi-/low-pass filters in it -- but even just having it in the master portion of the chain and set completely flat seems to add some subtle saturation (as it should, really).

In short: very much digging AT5 now that I'm getting a bit more chance to play with it. 8-)

The Friedman PT20 is my favorite from the new amp line. I´m using it also with the Satch cabinet (in my opinion the best cabinet in Amplitube) and I´m boosting it with the Satch OD-1 pedal. With this setup I´m able to achieve lots of Classic Rock/Hardrock sounds :D
The Diezel VH4 is great for all kind of Metal playing 8-)
I´m glad that IK kept the old amps in Amplitube 5 especially the Marshall models. The "Vintage Metal Lead" is still one of my favorites.
Amplitube 5 sounds great !!! Please release more Friedman models 8-)
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby grem » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:43 pm

grem wrote: Ref:SilverPlate 50: Wanted to do some automation with this amp and found that there are no automation settings for this amp (and some other new amps) in the parameter section in AT5!!

Found that there is a way to assign automation parameters to amps not in the list. Right Click control you want to automate and Assign Parameter to one of the parameters slots of your choosing. However, the amp is not responding to the automation. Pretty much just like the Stomps.

Will fill out a report and send it in.
grem

Postby garfy » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:46 pm

grem wrote:
carlaz wrote:I'm a little surprised to find myself digging the Silverplate 50.

I am also really liking this amp. Stumbled across it the other day and was using it as a lead tone on some of my practice tracks. Wanted to do some automation with this amp and found that there are no automation settings for this amp (and some other new amps) in the parameter section in AT5!!

I am like, WT? You got to be kidding right? Nope, no automation settings for this amp. What is going on here?

Also found that the stomps did not respond to automation. Anyone else seeing this?

Hey Grem.

What DAW are you using? I've just had a look in Logic Pro and can automate the Silverplate 50 just as if if was any other amp.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby carlaz » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:01 pm

jjguitar wrote:The Friedman PT20 is my favorite from the new amp line. I´m using it also with the Satch cabinet (in my opinion the best cabinet in Amplitube) and I´m boosting it with the Satch OD-1 pedal. With this setup I´m able to achieve lots of Classic Rock/Hardrock sounds :D

Amen. Do you mean the Satch Green cab? That's become my go-to cab in Amplitube for a lot of things (because it is awesome), though I also use the Satch 60 with many more modern amps (sometimes swapping in V30-type speakers in an X-pattern with the Brit 75s).

jjguitar wrote:The Diezel VH4 is great for all kind of Metal playing 8-)
I´m glad that IK kept the old amps in Amplitube 5 especially the Marshall models. The "Vintage Metal Lead" is still one of my favorites.
Amplitube 5 sounds great !!! Please release more Friedman models 8-)

"Yes" to all of this. :mrgreen:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby jjguitar » Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:21 pm

carlaz wrote: Do you mean the Satch Green cab? That's become my go-to cab in Amplitube for a lot of things (because it is awesome)

Yes, of course :D
In my opinion it´s the best cabinet in Amplitube so far. I use it even for more modern Metal sounds (change the speaker types & mics if necessary). You can´t go wrong with this cab it´s an allrounder. But Amplitube 5 is so extensive with endless possibilities and I have to experiment alot with the other gear (I own all of them).
It seems that Amplitube becomes my No. 1 amp software again 8-)
I didn´t expect such a great update :oops:
Gear: Amplitube 5
Guitars: Heritage H-150, Gibson LP, Melancon Strat, Haar Strat, ESP Ron Wood Tele w/ stainless steel frets
jjguitar

Postby livesforrap » Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:19 am

My sinuses are f......ed right now so I'm afraid of trying new things, but I didn't like the satch cabs in version 4. Are they that different, or is it just me?
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby jonny_franc » Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:07 am

More confusion.

Did a quick cursory skim over of what I already own in Amplitube (pretty much mostly all) and what the new versions offer and I'm wondering what it is I'm getting here.

First I thought buying Amp5, but afaict, pretty much all redundant for me. So what's my 'entry' price to have all my present gear upgraded to 5 spec? Just simply Amplitube 5 SE I reckon if it just means getting my stuff bumped up with new code. Yes?

But I also see Amplitube 5 CS says ''unlocks previously purchased gear'. Curious as to what that mean as opposed to 'upgrades previously purchased gear'?

I know what upgrading my gear does, but what would unlocking all my gear do? What's supposed to be any benefit in that?

thanks
jonny_franc

Postby huli50 » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:17 am

jonny_franc wrote:But I also see Amplitube 5 CS says ''unlocks previously purchased gear'. Curious as to what that mean as opposed to 'upgrades previously purchased gear'?

I think the difference lies in 'upgrading' your current gear to take advantage of, say, the 600 IRs per speaker that AT5 SE (and above) permits versus just 'unlocking' your current gear that merely permits your gear to be used within the AT5 engine without the upgraded sound. I guess for clarity, it could be stated that 'upgrading' also implies 'unlocking and upgrading' your current gear. I think this terminology of unlocking came about when folks questioned if AT5 CS was all previous owners (who were satisfied with their current gear) needed to use to take full advantage of what AT5 had to offer. Of course, the answer to that is 'no', and that there is a big step up in features between AT5 CS and AT5 SE, even beyond the IRs.
huli50

Postby carlaz » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:32 pm

jjguitar wrote:
carlaz wrote:In my opinion it[i.e., the Satch Green cab]]´s the best cabinet in Amplitube so far. I use it even for more modern Metal sounds (change the speaker types & mics if necessary). You can´t go wrong with this cab it´s an allrounder.

Right, now I need to go load comparable vintage-type and modern-type speaker sets into both Satch cabs and run comparisons! :ugeek:
--
"Lords of rock ... grace us with your mighty love ...."
http://soundcloud.com/carledlundanderson
https://carledlundanderson.bandcamp.com/
carlaz
1K Club

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:57 pm

Note that AmpliTube 5 (but not SE) includes the great new gear added to AmpliTube 5 which sounds amazing and has been a hot topic of discussion among folks here including those who have some of the new gear as their current "go to".

You can also hear that new gear in this video:

https://youtu.be/MIyxYEavCSg

IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jonny_franc » Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:28 pm

Thanks Huli50.

Just did a comparison of just the amps in A5 and what I already have and its 10 that'd be new out of the 34. With SE its just 2 new.

Didn't bother with the cab comparisons as there's a thousand, lol, owned already plus I have 3rd party IR's so anything new there is pointless. Same goes with the other ancillary gear.

What do most do anyway.... find a clean, a crunch, a lead tone and that's it. 99% of the gear is unused. Could be an actual phobia.... Gee, I'd like to find more tones but I don't want to go through all that again, heh

One would need a million lifetimes to go through and tweak every piece of gear with even just a small amount of potential combinations. Just eeny meeny miny moe picking one amp, a cab and then waving mics around alone brings hours of hair pulling tweak hell, lol.

Whenever I do mess with just mic positioning, never mine all the other tweaks, I find there's only a handful of spots sound good.... and all are pretty much close mic'ing. Going further out from the cab gets buzzy, thin and shrill afaict. Maybe there's other parameters, like eq'ing to mitigate, but, again, going down that hair pulling rabbit hole. I'm certainly no audio engineer who can automatically think, hmmm needs about 3db of 3k, minus 6db of 270hz, etc etc.

So I'm cynical about these infinite choices marketing come up with when 90% is unusable. Just give me the positions, assorted possible combinations, that sound proper good to 90% of guitarists. Then if I want buzzy and shrill, that's a no brainer to EQ, heh.

Okay, stepping off soap box. ;)
jonny_franc

Postby livesforrap » Wed Dec 30, 2020 2:33 am

So, even with my clogged sinuses I was playing around with the Satch SJ50 and was really liking it but I just had to flip on AT4 and see what I could hear.

WOW.

Even with my hearing all messed up it was a huge difference (same cabs and settings) AT5's version is far more mix fitting and smooth. The AT4 version had more bite and thump BUT it's totally undesirable switching. The AT4 is fizzy and biting in the high end and though you have to crank the lows in AT5 to get that thump, it's really not desirable in a mix.

But the biggest difference is the feel. Smooth and buttery in AT5, AT4 feels like it's fighting me. It sounds good, chords especially sound good but it's just more scooped and less playable.

I have this irrational need to keep justifying the purchase like I'm going to be disappointed :lol:
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby bluzdog » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:42 pm

It looks like there is a graphic error on the Mesa Boogie Mark IV in AT5. The presence controls are labeled RHY 1 Gain as well.

Rocky
bluzdog

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:24 pm

bluzdog wrote:It looks like there is a graphic error on the Mesa Boogie Mark IV in AT5. The presence controls are labeled RHY 1 Gain as well.

Please report that to Technical Support so that they can get it fixed. This is not an official support forum and they do not regularly read all the threads here.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby grem » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:30 pm

garfy wrote:
grem wrote:
carlaz wrote:I'm a little surprised to find myself digging the Silverplate 50.

I am also really liking this amp. Stumbled across it the other day and was using it as a lead tone on some of my practice tracks. Wanted to do some automation with this amp and found that there are no automation settings for this amp (and some other new amps) in the parameter section in AT5!!

I am like, WT? You got to be kidding right? Nope, no automation settings for this amp. What is going on here?

Also found that the stomps did not respond to automation. Anyone else seeing this?

Hey Grem.

What DAW are you using? I've just had a look in Logic Pro and can automate the Silverplate 50 just as if if was any other amp.

Cakewalk by BandLab is my Daw. I tried it in that DAW on my Surface Pro and my main PC. I sent in support ticket. They haven't got back to me yet.

Maybe I will let Cakewalk know also.

Thanks for the reply garfy
grem

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling