Annoying bug in Modo Drum Bus effect mix

Discussions about MODO DRUM physically modeled drums and MODO BASS - the first physically modeled electric bass virtual instrument

Annoying bug in Modo Drum Bus effect mix

Postby jim-adams » Thu Dec 24, 2020 12:35 am

Loving Modo Drums (and Bass) but there is a bug quite reproducible on my Windows 10 Cubase 11 project: the Hall reverb on Bus1 jumps to "nothing but reverb" after closing and re-opening my project. Workaround: tweak the hall reverb mix amount, or delete and re-add the effect.

But, next time you close and re-open, the toms (which I have going to Bus1) are again nothing but reverb.

Please fix. Thanks!
From Arizona, not that wet please ;)
jim-adams

Re: Annoying bug in Modo Drum Bus effect mix

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 11:44 am

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#] to confirm. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jim-adams » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:31 pm

Support request submitted. Appreciate the guidance to utilize the existing support mechanism.

There is, however, also a user-to-user aspect of this (type of) experience which is helpful to other users in this forum, no? When I have a question or concern, my first stop is the user forum arena, where I can benefit from others' experiences, and perhaps they can benefit from mine - if even to see that they're not alone in experiencing a specific perhaps common issue.

Admonition to users like me is to address questions to other users in this community. E.g., "Is anyone else experiencing a loss of Modo Drum bus settings on project close/re-open?" Will do. I'm glad to know that professional support staff monitor the questions, and may even provide guidance. Thank you.
jim-adams

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:43 pm

First of all, it was not meant as an admonition, only as a guide to getting you a definitive answer in the quickest way.

Sometimes other users with a similar-looking problem will post a confirmation, but sadly that does not always happen. As you indicated, getting comments or confirmation from other users is beneficial. However, just because a problem looks the same does not mean that the cause is the same.

Anyway, I'm sure that Technical Support will be able to help you out.

-----------------------------------
"professional support staff "?
Not me :) I am a user; I do not work for, nor represent IK Multimedia.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jim-adams » Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:06 pm

DarkStar - thank you for shining your light. :)
jim-adams

Return to MODO DRUM & MODO BASS