Windows 10 Native ASIO Multichannel Driver [Resolved]

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Windows 10 Native ASIO Multichannel Driver [Resolved]

Postby nickknyc » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:27 pm

Am hoping this will become a useful source of information on a longstanding issue.

Please - only info about Windows 10 and native (hardware manufacturer supplied) ASIO drivers. ASIO4ALL is not an acceptable solution.

I am running
Windows 10 build19042.685 64bit
Surface Book 3, i7
Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK Mixer/USB Interface 12 track
-input 14 channels x 24bit
- output 12 channels x 24 bit
-48KHz
Soundcraft USB Audio Driver v 3.20.0
I DO NOT use the ASIO4All diver or audio routing solution. I will not use them in the future either

Setup:
INPUTS: Guitar and Bass use the HiZ inputs on the Signature 12 (channels 5 & 6)
OUTPUTS: Output is sent to channels 11 & 12
MONITORING: Main Out and Headphone out from Signature 12 - not on computer

Other software that operates without any issue using this setup
- Guitar Rig 5 & 6
- Bias FX 2
- Reason 11
- Live 10
- Reaper 6.18

Software that DOES NOT work
- Amplitube 4
- Amplitube 5 Max

Issues:
1. Inputs & Outputs non - responsive - no audio in our out.
Clean boot the system (just after having test the rig with all software above)
Setupscreen
Inputs
- Soundcraft is selected and I cannot change it.
- Inputs appear in setup dropdown (Analogue 5 & Analogue 6) - and I am able to select them.
Outputs
- Soundraft appears, I can drop it down, can see above Soundcraft in the list is Komplete Audio 6, if I try to select it AT5 says that device is not connected (that is correct)
- WIth Soundcraft selected I choose Channels 11 (left) and 12 (right)
- Close setup and try to play - no input signal appears in the input section - gain all up -
WIth all that - the Amplitube simply won't take in a signal - and won't send any output.

When I have mucked about - using Channel 1 as input, I did get input showing and the output meters were going too.... but no audible output. even if I tried other channels.

I am really hoping to get a real answer here - and some real understanding on what the IK Team is going to do about this... This was some pricy kit and ... as you say... Musicians First, please.
Windows 10 | Surface Book 3, i7 | Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK | Behringer FCB 1010 | Novation LaunchKey Mini | Novation LaunchControl XL | Adam A3X
Guitar Rig 6 | Bias FX 2 | Reason 11 | Live 10 | Reaper 6.18 | Max/MSP 8 | Amplitube 5 Max
nickknyc

Re: Windows 10 Native ASIO Multichannel Driver -NO ASIO4ALL

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 18, 2020 6:56 pm

AmpliTube 4 & 5 support standard official ASIO drivers for audio interfaces as well as Windows Audio and DirectSound. ASIO4ALL is not required unless your audio interface drivers are not working correct and for that you'd contact your interface manufacturer.

It appears you are having issues with your audio interface in AmpliTube 5 from the screenshots. This is something you should report to IK Support so they can get you up and running like others who have appropriate ASIO drivers for their interfaces running properly. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby nickknyc » Fri Dec 18, 2020 9:25 pm

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply, I already have a ticket open. Haven't gotten a reply.

I look forward to getting a solution and posting it here so that others can find a solution. Until then, I am open to hearing from anyone else who might also be in the same situation.
Windows 10 | Surface Book 3, i7 | Soundcraft Signature 12 MTK | Behringer FCB 1010 | Novation LaunchKey Mini | Novation LaunchControl XL | Adam A3X
Guitar Rig 6 | Bias FX 2 | Reason 11 | Live 10 | Reaper 6.18 | Max/MSP 8 | Amplitube 5 Max
nickknyc

Postby nickknyc » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:24 am

Still waiting for a reply to my open ticket.

Would really appreciate some help here.
nickknyc

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 23, 2020 1:48 pm

I believe that AT5 version 5.0.1 resolved the problems that several users reported with I/O in the standalone program.

If you need to escalate a Support Ticket, please review the forum Guidelines.

PS: it would be best to change your Account Name away from an email address, to minimise the chance of it being harvested by web bots and you receiving all sorts of 'special offers', bank account verification requests, Amazon Prime renewals, Ray-Ban sunglasses, tax refunds etc from all over the place for years and years. You can change it here.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby nickknyc » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:48 pm

Many thanks Dark Star - happy to report that 5.01 does indeed fix my problem.

Happy Holidays to all.

Nick
nickknyc

Re: Windows 10 Native ASIO Multichannel Driver [ Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:07 pm

You're welcome. :)

--------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling