Amplitube 5 routing(sound) issues in standalone mode

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Amplitube 5 routing(sound) issues in standalone mode

Postby boogie2266 » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:59 pm

Hi,

I'm having a problem with AT5 in standalone mode...

When I choose Asio which is my Focusrite Clarett 4pre USB outputs are set to 1+2 which are my speakers and everything is fine. When I switch Output left to Output 3 I hear sound from my left headphone side but as soon as I add Output 4 to Output right I just get silence.

Summary: Output 1+2 (speakers) fine
Output 3+4 (headphone) not working
Just for testing I routed Output 1+2 to my headphone using the Focusrite Mixer and it is working with AT5 output set to 1+2

When I start AT5 in Cubase everything seems to work as intended.
boogie2266

Re: Amplitube 5 routing(sound) issues in standalone mode

Postby Pleudoniem » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:15 pm

Same here. I am on a mac (Catalina), and I use an RME Fireface 400 soundcard, and everything works fine in Reaper and LogicX, but in standalone mode the routing appears to be a problem. I use Analog 5 as the input for the RME, and then route it to analog out 1 & 2, but I hear no sound, and I see no input. The same routing does not show any problems in AT4.

What could be the problem?
Pleudoniem

Postby micdim » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:39 am

Same here...

I'm on Mojave 10.14.6 latest updates up to Dec 17, 2020.
- AmpliTube 5 Max standalone > No Input/Output! Upgraded from AmpliTube 4 Max.
- AmpliTube 4 Max still works fine in Standalone.
- AmpliTube 5 Max works fine in Logic Pro 10.5.1

I've tried all suggestions...
1. Log out/in
2. Custom Shop > Restore My Purchases
3. Un-authorize/Re-Authorize
4. Check Security & Privacy > Microphone/AmpliTube 5 - Yes
4. Restart Computer

P.S. Interface Application is very smooth. Great look and feel. Too bad doesn't work yet!
micdim

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:58 am

I'm on Windows but the standalone works very well here. I believe there are a bunch of folks using standalone on Mac, too, though.

Best is to report your issues to IK Support directly so they can help you and if there's a global issue they'll recreate and submit to the dev team. They can be reached at http://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby livesforrap » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:18 am

And remember, while you should still report this they are on the case ;) (straight from the horses mouth)

But reporting is good because it's not everyone even though it's quite a few with it.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:21 am

For no sound and even standalone just not starting, it is always a good idea to check permissions. Uninstall/reinstall also works in a surprising number of cases!
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby micdim » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:47 am

FIXED by setting System Preferences/Displays/Display/Resolution: Default for Display. Then I put back my normal Display settings and it's still working. Great Sound, and Great Interface!

Thanks to the person who mentioned this in an other post. Sorry I can't remember where I viewed it.

micdim wrote:Same here...

I'm on Mojave 10.14.6 latest updates up to Dec 17, 2020.
- AmpliTube 5 Max standalone > No Input/Output! Upgraded from AmpliTube 4 Max.
- AmpliTube 4 Max still works fine in Standalone.
- AmpliTube 5 Max works fine in Logic Pro 10.5.1

I've tried all suggestions...
1. Log out/in
2. Custom Shop > Restore My Purchases
3. Un-authorize/Re-Authorize
4. Check Security & Privacy > Microphone/AmpliTube 5 - Yes
4. Restart Computer

P.S. Interface Application is very smooth. Great look and feel. Too bad doesn't work yet!
micdim

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:05 am

And note that the screen resolution will be fixed in an upcoming update.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby micdim » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:59 am

Thanks Peter_IK Great to hear!

Peter_IK wrote:And note that the screen resolution will be fixed in an upcoming update.
micdim

Postby waynemillican » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:40 am

Same Issue. No sound is getting into the app in the stand alone mode. Works inside Studio one. Amplitube 4 still works in stand alone. I use a Mac with OS 10.15.7. I tried everything mentioned in the forum. App needs an update for sure.
waynemillican

Postby itsmekeuh » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:43 pm

waynemillican wrote:Same Issue. No sound is getting into the app in the stand alone mode. Works inside Studio one. Amplitube 4 still works in stand alone. I use a Mac with OS 10.15.7. I tried everything mentioned in the forum. App needs an update for sure.

Same here ! No sound in stand alone mode , same OSX Version

EDIT: I just noticed, it is working for the first two inputs of my audio interface. But nothing else.
Last edited by itsmekeuh on Fri Dec 18, 2020 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
itsmekeuh

Postby DarkStar » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:47 pm

@ Everyone,

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chip in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is contact Support, via here. There is a link at the top of the Search FAQs page to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem. Please do not quote directly any correspondence from Support, as that may apply only to your particular circumstances.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby bdbutler74 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:08 pm

Hello friends I am also running into a similar situation with ASIO drivers on a Windows 10 machine. I will be submitting a support ticket as well but wanted to add my experience for other users at the same time.

I am using on 2 Windows 10 machine. and Cubase 10.5 pro. For interfaces I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 gen 1 and the iRig Stomp I/O. The machine with the Stomp I/O functions as expected with no audio routing issues in Standalone. So I will only document the 8i6 issues.

Surface Book Pro 2, Windows 10, Scarlett 8i6.
Guitar is plugged into Line Input 3, and Outputs are 1 & 2.
In AT5 standalone I set the Asio Device to the focusrite, Left and Right Inputs to Input 3 and the outputs to 1 and 2. This is my typical setup in AT4.
Using this set up I was getting no output. Using the Focusrite mix software to monitor the actual input of the interface I can see that it was receiving audio as expected, AT5 was just not connecting to it.

After much clicking I did discover, that if I set the inputs in AT5 to Left: Mic 2 and Right: Line 3 I got mono output as expected.

I also discovered that that was the only combination that would work. For example I could not reverse the left and right inputs, nor could I substitue Mic 1 for Mic 2. It leads me to believe that for some reason AT5 is reading the ASIO Mapping of I/O incorrectly.

Some of you may be able to try experiementing with different input combinations to get sound until it is fixed! I hope this helps.
bdbutler74

Postby boogie2266 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:33 pm

I opened a support ticket on this issue and apparently there will be an update today or tomorrow to fix this.
boogie2266

Postby shmihe » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:57 pm

boogie2266 wrote:I opened a support ticket on this issue and apparently there will be an update today or tomorrow to fix this.

Today would be really nice...

Seems to be both users on Mac and Windows having this issue.

All of my Audio settings are exactly the same to AT4 (which has always worked), and the "permissions" are exactly the same. I have never had to adjust or tweak anything in permissions (or anything similar) for any VST or program.
shmihe

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling