Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:19 pm

This will be the official thread for AmpliTube 5 Mac/PC feature requests (there is a separate thread for gear requests). Please post any feature requests here moving forward. All older posts will be compiled here. This will help make sure all posts are laid out in an organized thread keeping your voices heard.

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not posted already.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Re: Official AmpliTube 5 FEATURES Wishlist

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:07 pm

I'll start with a few I have seen requested by others:

1 A button to collapse / expand the gear panel on the right-hand side. Once the gear has been selected, that panel is no longer needed.

2 The ability to hide an inactive mic when not used

3 When paths are Muted / Soloed in the Mixer, grey out the chain in the gear routing diagram

4 Remember the "hide gear I don't own" button selection (or put it in the Settings) so they I don't have to press it every single time I load AT5 to hide that gear.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 7:21 pm

I'd just like the gear panel to stay in one position. If checking cabs or amps it's a PITA to have to start at the top every time. Oddly, this isn't the case with pedals which seems to start at the bottom and go up.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby obispojoe » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:23 pm

I'd like the new custom shop to include a "show gear I do not own" option like the previous version of the custom shop.
obispojoe

Postby livesforrap » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:27 pm

I second that.
Windows 11, i5 11600k, 32 gigs of ram, Audient id4 @ 32 buffer. 44.1k sample rate.
livesforrap

Postby sonicblue4u » Thu Dec 17, 2020 8:28 pm

I'd like to see a history or undo-redo feature in AmpliTube. :D
sonicblue4u

Postby thejone » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:18 pm

I would love a feature for being able to copy my real gear into the app. I would wish for a an algorithm that would cover cabs, amps and pedals seperatly with different knob positions and interpolation. Further it would be cool if the software would be able to create animations of me gear for AT based on my photographs. I know this is too much to wish for and definately beyond the scope of AT5. But I would love to see that in the future.
Thanks!
Regards, J
thejone

Postby datkings » Thu Dec 17, 2020 9:43 pm

Please add the ability to MIDI map the tap tempo button.

Great work on AT5!
datkings

Postby moritzinho » Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:35 pm

I would wish for an increased touchscreen compatibility.
At a first try the following issues occur:
- Gearview and Chain can't be scrolled
- Scrollbar in Gear-Selector is very thin/difficult to touch
- long press on items e.g. to assign Midi doesn't work (worked in A4)

It would be a great benefit for all Surface/Tablet users!!

Cheers!
moritzinho

Postby 89bruin » Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:14 pm

It would be nice if the Stomp I/O would work to control the stompbox modules by default. Right now it only works in “live” mode.
89bruin

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby ejsheldon » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:21 am

[mod note: From other thread]

Had some more time to play with it today. I'm liking the way it sounds, and the interface is very pretty, but changes to the interface functionality and the MIDI implementation are really ticking me off. Not only can't I find the Global Pedalboard Bypass settings, there appears to be no way to bypass the effects in the rack, nor is there a way to save a rack configuration. These were both features of AT4.

Anybody find the Global Bypass settings yet? Or know how to bypass (individually)the rack effects? Or where they hid the MIDI Input indicator?
ejsheldon

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby ejsheldon » Fri Dec 18, 2020 12:40 am

[mod note: From other thread]
AND they still haven't adopted the industry MIDI standard of 127=ON/0=OFF, AND since I can't find the Global Bypass settings I don't know if the fixed the problem of not being able to reverse that (previously available only in the per preset MIDI settings).
ejsheldon

TAP TEMPO - Midi CC Trigger

Postby hermybear2002 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 2:12 am

[mod note: From another thread, feature requests go here]

To whom it may concern...

After all the glowing things I had so say about the truly incredible sound of AT5; while you have raised the sonic bar, you are continuing to lower the implementation bar for people who prefer to use your software for live applications. This is very prevalent in the mass marketing of your other products that are PRODUCTION based.

First, let's define "LIVE" versus Production. It is not my intent to offend anyone, but if I do, oh well... I have been playing guitar for 50 years. I have played in front of people for 30 years. I think I can stand as an advocate for the LIVE concept. Not so much for the production side. That said, when you get on stage, you have elements that are necessary to the performance of your trade. These elements must all work in concert (no pun intended) in order to achieve the desired goal (screaming happy fans). You can't do this if you need to break between songs to 'reset' tempo or tune. And it limits your capabilities, not having access to certain parameters in real time.

There are two really main issues that have prevented me from using AT programs live in the past, though with the sounds coming out of my Mac now, I am going to have to figure a work-around other than using my DAW.

So, first...the biggest roadblock...no midi CC trigger for tempo. You are still using Sys Ex messages. Now I may be able to emulate them if they are the same as the one(s) sent from the iRig Stomp via my BCR2000 but I can't do this live.

Asign a CC# to control your tap tempo. This allows me to control delay, stereo pan or anything else that requires global temporal adjusting between effects & external gear.

A CC# triggered TUNER. The tuner you provide is pretty awesome, except you have to click on the icon for it to open. It will not open by assigning a midi CC# to it. When you are on stage under dark light and you have a few seconds between songs to tune, you do not have time to run over to your laptop and start messing the your mouse.

These two small things may not seem important, but I can pretty much bet that if you are someone who plays live, in front of people, having access these two abilities is paramount.

I am hoping someone at IK sees the need, especially when your competitors are doing it and add it to a patch in the future.

Thanks for your time!
hermybear2002

Postby micdim » Fri Dec 18, 2020 5:12 am

1. Global EQ's a must, since many presets are done on different guitars than what we have. A lot of these presets could sound much better if we had a Global EQ to use with our different guitars. Even if you included only one Global EQ that would be such a help!

2. Also an option for "Show Help Tags" when we hover over parts of the interface would be very helpful

3. Link to the User Manual from the interface.

This is an outstanding upgrade!

Thank you!
micdim

Postby NeilDennison » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:16 am

Suggestion - Make 'Live Mode' into a proper Live Mode

So loving AT5 running with my iRig Stomp I/O, sound quality is a big improvement over the iPad version, however the Live mode doesn't really strike me as 'Live'.

A live mode needs to show the bare amount of information as clearly as possible. Couldn't we have an option to have that top left 3rd of the Live mode window to fill the whole screen. When playing live I don't need to be able to select any of the hundreds of amps/cabinets or see a minute version of the audio path; all I want to see are some big buttons that clearly show me what presets are assigned to each pedal and which FX are on each pedal, nothing more.

Almost feels like it needs a 'Live Performance' mode that gives that clean large interface that can be seen easily from 2m away, current live mode just doesn't cut it from a UX perspective for live performance.

Possible addition for the dev backlog? Interested to hear thoughts from any others that are planning to use AT5 in a performance setting.
AMD 3900x/6800XT/X570/NVME's
NI Kontrol S88, Maschine Studio & Jam, iRig Keys Pro, HD2, Stomp I/O
Cubase 12/IK Total Studio/NI Komplete/Arturia V 9/Waves Platinum/Plug In Alliance/Roland Cloud/Korg Collection/UVI VV/plus a ton of other random stuff
NeilDennison

Next

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling