How to uninstall some of the IK Multimedia plugins?

General talk about music creation and production, or anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories

Re: How to uninstall some of the IK Multimedia plugins?

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:16 pm

The Syntronik Fee sounds are installed when you install Syntronik Free. There is no separate library download. If you still have that installer, look at its file size,as I mentioned above.

Search your disks for "52__Syntronik Free" (yes, that is 2 under-bars in the folder name)

There's a link to the Technical Support form at the top of this page:
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-support/search_faq.php?quick=QUICKSW
(reached via "Contact Support" > Software > Search FAQs. It is done that way as may issue are already covered in the FAQs.)

You are trying to do a lot from a standing start. Take it step by step and you should be OK.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Lophophora » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:28 am

Thanks, I was able to find the Syntronik library on my drive with your indications.

I have uninstalled T-RackS 5 Custom Shop using Windows uninstaller, which seemed to work except when I restarted my DAW (Reaper), I got an error message "TR5 graphics resources cannot be found". Also, 45 out of 46 "TR5" plugins have disappeared but one is remaining (Saturator X), and when I click it it crashes Reaper.

So I contacted support about it. Looks like I'm really unlucky with the IK Multimedia products.
Music producer & Audio engineer
DAW Reaper / OS Windows 10 / AI RME Fireface UFX II
SoundWise Music Production
Lophophora

Postby Lophophora » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:04 pm

I haven't had any luck with support, they replied that I should go to past releases and find the uninstaller there. But that is already what I've done, and it uninstalled everything but Saturator X. How do I get rid if this one? It is still there and crashes my DAW every single time I click it (which I sometimes do by accident).
Lophophora

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:42 pm

Go back to Support, say (again?) that you have run the uninstaller but Saturator X remains and request further guidance. Maybe there is an uninstall log somewhere. If so, Support should know where.

I guess that it crashes your DAW as some of its additional application files have been deleted.

For the moment, you can hide it in Reaper, by renaming it in Reaper's FX Broswer to have a leading #, then selecting not to show those plug-ins that start with #.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Lophophora » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:10 pm

I am having a surreal email conversation with IK Multimedia support. I am explaining to them that after uninstalling T-RackS 5 CS there is still one component (TR Saturator X) that remains, and crashes my DAW. They are replying that I should download T-RackS 5 CS installer and then uninstall it, which is exactly what I have already done (4 times in a row now). But that doesn't work: TR Saturator X is still there.

This is very frustrating.
Lophophora

Postby DarkStar » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:23 pm

Perhaps Peter or Ryan can give them a nudge ;) Can you post your Support Ticket number?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Lophophora » Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:42 pm

My ticket number is #2524456.

It's not that they are unresponsive, we've exchanged a few emails in the past few hours. It's just that we don't understand each other, they keep coming back to me with the same answer: "download the installer and you will find the uninstaller inside".
Lophophora

Postby Lophophora » Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:25 pm

Can anyone help? IK Multimedia Support is basically taking me for a fool.

I have written to them last week with a simple question: how do I uninstall TR Saturator X?

Their (very brief) reply was: download T-RackS 5 CS, the uninstaller is in the installer.

So I did just that: installed T-RackS 5 CS then uninstalled it, only to find that TR Saturator X was still there.

If I make the smallest misstep and click on it by accident, it instantly crashes my DAW, so I want it gone. I tried to get more help from support but they keep on repeating "the uninstaller is in the installer" like a broken record. Either they don't understand that the uninstaller doesn't do its job, or they don't care. Either way, they haven't helped my the slightest bit.

It is getting quite frustrating. See for yourself, this is the last email they sent me:

[Mod redacted - please review the rules about posting direct correspondence from IK Support]

I have 4 plugins directory on my drive, which one should I delete? And there are hundreds of files in each one of them, none of which seem to be related to IK Multimedia as far as I can tell. Is deleting the contents of these directories really going to do any good?
Lophophora

Postby garfy » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:12 pm

Hi Lophophora

Lophophora wrote:I have 4 plugins directory on my drive, which one should I delete? And there are hundreds of files in each one of them, none of which seem to be related to IK Multimedia as far as I can tell.

I haven't been a Windows user for a long time, but I'm guessing that the four plugin directories you have are for different file types VST, VST3, AAX (maybe) etc. I guess the place to start would be the plugin types that Reaper uses. It should be named fairly obviously like TR5 Saturator X.vst3 for example.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Lophophora » Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:39 pm

Ok, I have found this file with a .dll extension and deleted it. After restarting Reaper everything seems to finally work fine and it is gone.

Thank you for helping. It is weird that support wasn't able to help me though. [mod redacted - see rules and post guidelines at viewtopic.php?f=10&t=19505" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; specifically the addition about "rage quitting" - your ticket has been relayed to the IK Support Manager for review]
Lophophora

Previous

Return to General Discussions