IK Product Manager Assistance [Resolved]

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

IK Product Manager Assistance [Resolved]

Postby Shahiru » Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:35 pm

I am a MacBook User. I downloaded the free TrackS 5 custom shop in September in order to get access to the new Classic Clipper plugin I purchased. I then realized that it came with a whole lot of trial plugins which I had no intention of using at the time, so I went into my Plug ins -> Components and I deleted all the trial plugins.

Fast forward to today, I purchased the TrackS EQual plugin, and I have it authorized and everything, however I can't seem to figure out how to download it, nor can I seem to figure out how to re-download my deleted TrackS 5 custom shop. As it's been more than a month since I deleted the other TrackS trial components, my trash has cleared of them, and now I am stuck. How can I use this plugin I purchased? :cry:
Shahiru

Re: IK Product Manager Assistance

Postby garfy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:44 am

Hello Shahiru and welcome to the forums.

I would hazard a guess that you will need to deauthorise, uninstall and then reinstall/reauthorise TR5 in order to gain access to the plugins you have deleted.

As this is a user-to-user forum and not direct to IKM support, in case no one else chimes in here with advice or a solution the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via https://www.ikmultimedia.com/contact-su ... ck=QUICKSW

If these do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for direct help from Official IK Support. They endeavour to reply within 2 working days, but obviously considering the current situation things may take longer than usual.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the issues, but without directly quoting any correspondence from official support.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Shahiru » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:13 pm

Hey garfy! Thanks for replying with a solution!

If possible, I just need a little bit more guidance on what to do. I know how to un-authorize a plugin using the product manager, but how do I uninstall it? I can’t remember if there was an installer for Tr5 as well, but I always delete my installers after I’ve installed the plugin. Is there any way to uninstall the plugin without the uninstaller?
Shahiru

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:21 pm

The uninstaller is installed when the software is installed. Here, on Windows 7, it is in:
C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\T-RackS 5

Uninstalling without using the uninstaller could be "problematic" ;)

Also, if you can, it would be better to hide the unwanted plug-ins using features within the DAW. That way, they are there if you want (to Try) them in the future.

-----------------------------
"Uninstall" and "Re-install" are both on the IKPM Wish-List.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Shahiru » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:53 pm

Oh no :shock:, thats unfortunate... because I have deleted the installer.

Is there any way to uninstall without the uninstaller?
Shahiru

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:06 pm

Let me try again - the uninstaller is installed automatically when you install the software. So it should still be on disk. On Windows, look where I suggested. I do not know about OSX.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Shahiru » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:12 am

Hey Darkstar, unfortunately I don't think the uninstaller is still on my disk, as I believe I deleted it along with the installer. I don't know how to attach an image to this forum, but I have searched my disk for an uninstaller (I searched tracks uninstaller, TrackS uninstaller, TrackS 5 uninstaller etc.) using the finder tool, and all my searches came up with nothing :( Is there anything else I can do?
Shahiru

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:30 pm

Here, on Windows, it is in "C:\Program Files\IK Multimedia\T-RackS 5" and is named unins000.exe. (The number may differ for you.)

Are you on OSX? Could it be in the same folder/directory as the TR5 executable (which is named T-RackS 5.exe here).

As for images: https://cgi.ikmultimedia.com/ikforum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=432
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby garfy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:56 pm

Unless I'm mistaken, which is entirely probable, I've not seen an Uninstaller installed on my Mac systems.

If I've needed to uninstall something I've always downloaded the package again from User Area>My Products>Past Releases and that has the Uninstaller within it.
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:13 pm

I found this is the Installation and Authorization Manual:

Mac®
NOTE: in order to be able to install and uninstall IK Multimedia products on your Macintosh computer, you must be a user with Administrator rights.

On the mounted DMG, double-click on the “Install (Ver. x).pkg” file and follow the onscreen instructions. The Standalone version is installed in your “Applications” folder.

The User Manual is placed in:
Macintosh HD / Library / Documentation / IK Multimedia /

Uninstall
On the mounted DMG, double-click on the ‘Uninstall’ icon and follow the onscreen instructions.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby garfy » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:23 pm

DarkStar wrote:Uninstall
On the mounted DMG, double-click on the ‘Uninstall’ icon and follow the onscreen instructions.

Yep, that sounds about right.

If you haven't kept the original download package, you won't have the DMG to mount so you need to download it again. It's not an installed file.
garfy

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:36 pm

Ah ha! And as the IKPM does not have a re-download / re-install feature then the only way currently is as you posted above:

garfy wrote:If I've needed to uninstall something I've always downloaded the package again from User Area>My Products>Past Releases and that has the Uninstaller within it.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby Shahiru » Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:40 am

Thank you for the support garfy, and Darkstar!

The downloading past releases method worked!
Shahiru

Postby garfy » Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:55 am

Excellent Shahiru, glad it all worked out.

As this thread has been resolved for the user it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.

• If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
• If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
garfy

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools