T-RackS 5 EQual = 3GB install

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

T-RackS 5 EQual = 3GB install

Postby suurtee » Sat Nov 21, 2020 7:26 pm

I want to install T-RackS 5 EQual, but installer itself is insane ~1,5GB and it wants to install 3GB!!! on my drive :evil: . Pressed cancel on installation. Does anyone know how to install just that one plugin I have bought, not all kind of extra stuff?
suurtee

Re: T-RackS 5 EQual = 3GB install

Postby garfy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:38 am

Hello suurtee and welcome to the forums.

The installation for T-RackS 5 is a single package and then the serial number unlocks the modules that you own. You will also get the Classic EQ and basic metering once you have authorised the AT5CS serial number shown in your User Area.

The remainder of the install is for the rest of the modules that you can then demo, without restriction for 72 hours, by clicking Try in the Custom Shop.

If you don't want these plugins on your system, you can go into the plugins folder(s) in your OS and manually delete them. However, this is not official IK guidance as, if you then go to buy or demo one of the modules, the process will not work as expected.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby suurtee » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:19 pm

Thanks Garfy,
I was thinking of the same solution, but I suspected that 3GB of content might be scattered elsewhere also and it would be difficult to pick it out. I have lot of plugins but the whole VST3 folder is 1,6GB. Now, installing EQual, it promises to add 3GB on my drive - It can't be just vst's, there must be something more?

It should be easy to make installer where user can pick what to install and what not.
suurtee

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:53 pm

It is 45 TR5 plug-ins :)

You probably do not need both VST and VST3 editions of the plug-ins. YHr installer installs them all to make Trying out new FX easy.

Many users have asked for this approach to be changed, such that only licensed plug-ins are installed (but that would require a big change to the Custom Shop / demo approach too).

Meanwhile, in many DAWs you can hide specific plug-ins so they are not available for use (but they will still be on disk).
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox