Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby DarkStar » Fri Nov 20, 2020 4:11 pm

That prompted me to have a closer look. Here are 2 AT4 amps and their AT5 equivalents:

The Pre / EQ / Amp selectors (and the meters) are not present in the AT5 GUIs.

Many of the AT4 Amps have those 3 selectors.

But, have a look at 7.1/2 in the AT4 User Manuals:
Amp model / Pre model
This is the menu where you select your amp model. On legacy models, this will be labelled PRE MODEL instead, and will select only the preamp stage of the amplifier. On newer amp models, AMP MODEL selects the entire amplifier topology.

7.2 - Legacy model controls
Legacy AmpliTube amp models contain separate stages that can be individually selected. For these amps, the Amp module is divided into three separate models: Pre, EQ, and (Power) Amp. This allows you to design custom amps by choosing different components from a variety of amp models. The following controls are for that purpose, and are thus found only on the legacy amp models.

EQ model
This is where you select the EQ model in legacy amps.

EQ match
When EQ match is active, EQ models will automatically be matched to their Pre model counterparts by default when a new preamp model is loaded. Switching EQ match off defeats this, and the EQ model will not change when a new legacy Pre model is loaded.

Amp model
The final stage is the Amp model. Power amps from a variety of amp styles are available and are identified by their power tube type.

Now, AT5 has a separate effects loop, where the EQ can be added / changed. The AT4 Amp model selector (non-legacy gear) is the same as selecting a different Amp in the AT5 Browser, isn't it?
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Damagical » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:19 pm

Is AmpliTube 5 out now? I preordered Max and haven't received a serial number yet.
Damagical

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:32 pm

Damagical wrote:Is AmpliTube 5 out now? I preordered Max and haven't received a serial number yet.

AmpliTube 5 will be released before the end of the year. It is not released yet
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ik_steve167 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 5:48 am

Hey all,

These are all the amp models that provide the ability to select the individual components of the "topology" for the amp, allowing you to create "custom" amps if you will. You can select EQ and POWER sections of these amps prior to AT 5. I was surprised at how many there actually are after I checked. It looks like this ability is gone in AT 5 based on the "refreshed" UIs that have been shown for a number of these amps. Maybe this was done to simply the overall approach to all the amps? Maybe the new impulse responses don't support this customization anymore? I'm just speculating. Hopefully someone can chime in.

Personally, I've never gravitated towards using these features with SO MANY amps to choose from. I wouldn't miss them but some might. Having these behave differently just doesn't lend itself to a cohesive feel to the product IMO. I really do like the refreshed UIs too! I guess I'm just curious about this change more than anything.

American Tube Clean 1
American Tube Clean 2
American Tube Vintage
American Vintage B
American Vintage D
American Vintage T
British Lead S100
British Tube 30 TB
British Tube Lead 1
British Tube Lead 2
Metal Clean T
Metal Lead T
Metal Lead V
Modern Tube Lead
THD Bi-Valve
Tube Vintage Combo
Vintage Metal Lead
Solid State Bass Preamp
Custom Modern Hi-Gain
Custom Solid State Clean
Custom Solid State Fuzz
Custom Solid State Lead
ik_steve167

Postby Peter_IK » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:24 am

Right, there are no more "flexi" amps, the legacy have been reworked and do not offer this capability any more but sound much better.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby ik_steve167 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 6:56 am

Great, thanks! The refreshed UIs of all these amps look amazing! It's great work IMO! Can't wait to hear them too!
ik_steve167

Postby DarkStar » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:37 pm

Of course, if you have used those "flexi" amps in AT4 or earlier, just keep that version of AmpliTube installed. AT5 will not affect AT4 or earlier.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby tommartini604 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:50 pm

Does Amplitube 5 overwrite Amplitube 4 or Max or does it install a completely new version allowing for the previous version to still be used as it was prior to Amp 5?
tommartini604

Postby DarkStar » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:11 pm

Overwrite? No
Continue to use AT4? Yes.
AT5 is a separate program and plug-in(s)

And, all of your existing AmpliTube gear will be available in AT5 (except the "Flexi" amps mentioned above).
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby huli50 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:16 pm

DarkStar wrote:Overwrite? No
Continue to use AT4? Yes.
AT5 is a separate program and plug-in(s)

This ability will make for some cool A-B’ing. You could record a DI signal and load the same amp model, cab model, mic, room, and mic locations in both an AT4 plugin and an AT5 plugin with resampled IRs and see how much of a difference the new IRs make.

Even if it’s not noticeable in a single mic position, I could see the value in the robotic way they collected the IRs making for subtle mic adjustments to be more accurate than they were in AT4. I think there also may be the ability to tilt mics now, which would be cool to experiment with too.
huli50

Postby b0uch3 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 12:39 am

i suspected there would be a new version when i got pulled in to Amplitube 4 MAX during massive discount offers. I hoped that free upgrade would be available within the timeframe of more than 1 month but it seems, from reading through all of the posts about this, that I really only would need to upgrade to Amplitube SE if I'm not interested in all of the extra effects and models.

I'm already overwhelmed by the amount of models included A4 MAX, and pleased that they all carry over.

Unless I'm mistaken, this seems like the way to go for me.
b0uch3

Postby garfy » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:29 am

Hello b0uch3 and welcome to the forums.

b0uch3 wrote:I really only would need to upgrade to Amplitube SE if I'm not interested in all of the extra effects and models.

You are correct, you only need to upgrade to AT5SE and all your current gear will be available to you, updated with the latest speaker IRs, GUI etc.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:37 am

b0uch3 wrote:i suspected there would be a new version when i got pulled in to Amplitube 4 MAX during massive discount offers. I hoped that free upgrade would be available within the timeframe of more than 1 month but it seems, from reading through all of the posts about this, that I really only would need to upgrade to Amplitube SE if I'm not interested in all of the extra effects and models.

I'm already overwhelmed by the amount of models included A4 MAX, and pleased that they all carry over.

Unless I'm mistaken, this seems like the way to go for me.

If you purchased after October 15, 2020 you'd be entitled to AmpliTube 5 SE upon release for free per https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=at5

Otherwise, you likely got an amazing deal on an already amazing amp sim and you qualify for a substantially discounted upgrade/crossgrade version during the introductory pricing and can use the JamPoints earned on your purchase of AmpliTube 4 MAX (based on the MSRP and not the deeply-discounted price during promotions) to take off an additional up to 30% off any version you are interested in.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby mangiedog » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:33 pm

Hi,

I am confused, doesn't take much but.. If I login to my account which has quite a few purchases including Amplitube 3 and 4 etc... it says I can upgrade to Amplitube 5 for 179.99 inc VAT as a user. If I log out and just go to the website without logging in, I can buy Amplitube 5 for 121.99 inc VAT.

So as far as I can see I have to pay nearly double for being a long time customer with multiple purchases...

Anyone else having this?

Cheers.
mangiedog

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:43 pm

121.99 inc VAT. is the introductory price for AT5 SE, for anyone

179.99 inc VAT is the introductory upgrade/crossgrade price for AT5, for qualifying users (which you are, I reckon).

AT5 offers 99 more gear models than AT5 SE - but you may already have them. To decide which is best for you, check out the Comparison chart and PDF halfway down this page.
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/amplitube5/index.php
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling