Electronic/Science Fiction Rock

A friendly place to share your music and collaborate with other IK users. Show off your hard work here!

Electronic/Science Fiction Rock

Postby Soulpowergtr » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:09 pm

As with many, i bunkered down after being home for awhile during covid. Decided to upgrade some of my gear, including the iRig HD2 and then go to creating some stuff with Logic Pro - and a few IK Mulitimedia plugs as well.

Reminds me of the many types of instrumental/soundtracks that I listen to.

Free to stream on Bandcamp here;
https://cyberwingman.bandcamp.com/album ... y-theories

Enjoy!

RIG - Fender Strat | Jazzmaster | Mitchell Bass
EarthQuaker Data Corrupter | Boss TR-2 | Cry Baby Wah | Digitech Whammy | Boss DD-3 | DOD EQ 40B | MXR Phase 90

Orange Micro Dark
Irig HD2 -Amplitude when not using DI, using BRIT 8000 amp and Brit 8000/9000Cab
Soulpowergtr

Re: Electronic/Science Fiction Rock

Postby CrazySchmidt » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:27 am

Fuk yeah dude, bring it in up front and bring it loud!!

You are my Rammstein!!

Let's rock!!!

Cheers, CS. :)
Please support Gondo Strauss at:
https://soundcloud.com/gondo-strauss/
"Old never gets Old"
CrazySchmidt

Postby Soulpowergtr » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:06 pm

Thanks man!

I put it out on everything major, so follow me on any of it if you want. More gets added faster to the BandCamp link.

https://songwhip.com/thecyberwingman/so ... y-theories
Soulpowergtr

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:23 pm

Awesome, thanks for the post and tracks. Some very cool sounds for both guitar and synths and the interplay between them is great! I think there are quite a few fans of the Orange amps that Amplitube has….me for one. What do you use for your electronica stuff, anything from IK or another ecosystem??

Thanks for sharing all these and tagging it as Sci-Fi Rock as I think this can be an awesome blend.

Below is a Sci-Fi Rock idea I had in April/18, first of two in the saga. This ditty is in 9/4 & is based on one guitar riff. Syntronik probably just came out back then so it has a few sounds from that + old SampleTank3 synths/effects and uses MODO Bass. I should probably go back and see if any of the Spaceport ’77 offerings would enhance and put real bass on it too. Anyhow, all the guitar tracks except the outro solo use AT’s Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk II amp.

Give it a whirl for a journey that I hope you find worth taking...

Thanks again!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Soulpowergtr » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:43 pm

Hey man,

Sorry it took so long to respond!

So my setup is Logic Pro (don't sleep on Alchemy plug in free from Logic). Logic has so much crap in it I haven't ran out yet....but still looking at other stuff as well.

AmpliTube (with Metal Package)

Some of the guitars i record DI from my Orange amp setup into the Irig HD 2 - with AmpliTube basic amp (Orange amp basically provides everything).

I am newer to most of this setups, so Im still learning about Tracks5 (i don't understand it yet) and also grabbed Syntronik free.
Soulpowergtr

Postby mklankin@hotmail.com » Tue Dec 15, 2020 10:13 pm

Thanks for getting back!

I’m probably at the other end, not exploring enough of what Logic Pro has built-in and really should too - to expand the palette of sounds. Syntronik has some very useful sounds I find and I occasionally use some free stuff from AAS and Addictive Keys, but IK options tend to be the mainstays.

Interesting guitar setup, certainly works. I’d love to have a real Orange amp on-hand but will have to live with the IK version for now.

T-RackS5 - you can get lost in that for sure, but just keep exploring and you’ll discover what works for you and your workflow.

Keep making and posting!
Michael
mklankin@hotmail.com

Postby Soulpowergtr » Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:34 pm

Thanks man.

If you haven't downloaded the additional sound libraries from Logic - grab ALCHEMY - Holy cow. Insane. I used Logic for a year before knowing that was a hidden gem someone on another forum said not to sleep on that, they were right.

AmpliTube is my main guitar rig though, that is so much less noise and "digital noise" than using Logic amps.

Because I have a bunch of real guitar effects in the FX loop of my amp, I will record out of the amp into Logic, with AU AmpliTube otherwise it sounds very tin like without an AmpliTube clean amp.

BUT a lot of my guitar tracks im partial the 8000 amp and then another track on top with the 9000 amp in AmpliTube. Nothing beats that for me!

I just did a rendition of Silent Night and the practice tracks all using AmpliTube/Logic setup here; https://cyberwingman.bandcamp.com

I like Syntronik a lot, but i will need to purchase more gear for it.
Tracks 5 - i got the Classic Clipper, but don't understand it for usage lol. Any pointers on it?
Soulpowergtr

Return to The Jam Session