Big Sur and new Macs

Breaking news, announcements, promotions and general important information from IK Multimedia

Big Sur and new Macs

Postby DarkStar » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:09 pm

Peter_IK wrote:We posted our Big Sur statement yesterday (12 November) and as expected and like most other audio companies we are asking that you wait.

We will test our software and hardware on the new machines, so stay tuned for more information there.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Re: Big Sur and new Macs

Postby hermybear2002 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:18 am

I just found out that my Macbook Pro will not support Big Sur. Will I still be able to use AT5 on Catalina and will there be a download specific for this OS?
hermybear2002

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:12 pm

From the AT5 Specs page:

Mac® (64-bits)
  • Minimal: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo (Intel Core i5 suggested), 4 GB of RAM (8 GB suggested), macOS 10.10 or later. 3 GB of hard drive space.
  • Requires an OpenGL 2 compatible graphics adapter.
  • Supported Plug-in formats (64-bit): Audio Units, VST 2, VST 3, AAX.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Yes, we have the announcement posted here and on the IK web site.

As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic. Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to News and Announcements