Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby garfy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:23 pm

ikalamazoo wrote:
apesma1 wrote:
So, please let me get this straight. If I own A4 Max with Extra Collections already purchased, and I want to upgrade/crossgrade to A5 Max, I have to pay an additional $299 for that opportunity?

AmpliTube 5 MAX Upgrade (Download Only)
$299.99

That's the business. NI did the same with GR6. A lot of people bought in pre-order and when it was released everybody realised that it was 90% from 5 version, so, nothing really new. It's like the old with a new clothes.

Never pre-order something BEFORE listen the sound. Never buy anything BEFORE test it. A lot of users want a refund or are unhappy with GR6 becasue they realised that they have paid for a product that they have already owned. In addition, GR6 has no support to MIDI Controller and has no Live Performance anymore... so, they have paid for the same product and got the things worse.

But, with AT5 is a little different, we'll have a custom IR loader, a resizeable GUI and the VIR. I think it worth the upgrade. I confess that AT5 custom IR loader worth the upgrade, it'll be by far the best and more efficient guitar suite, far better than Guitar Rig 6 that even after 10 years don't have at least a decent guitar IR loader, which we'll have in AT5.

But the price... this is not a fair price for those users who bought AT4 MAX, for example. I used to think that only Native Instruments had been taking bad decisions, regarding price policy, but I was wrong, definitely. In fact, it's the same AT4 but with this new VIR technology.

But the price, it's definitely a worst decision they've made. Just my opinion, though.

Sorry, ikalamazoo you are quoting an incorrect statement from @apesma1. If you already own AT4MAX and the extra collections as they say, you do not have to upgrade/crossgrade to AT5MAX. You can upgrade to AT5 and the gear you already own will be usable in it.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby ikalamazoo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:28 pm

garfy wrote:
ikalamazoo wrote:
apesma1 wrote:
So, please let me get this straight. If I own A4 Max with Extra Collections already purchased, and I want to upgrade/crossgrade to A5 Max, I have to pay an additional $299 for that opportunity?

AmpliTube 5 MAX Upgrade (Download Only)
$299.99

That's the business. NI did the same with GR6. A lot of people bought in pre-order and when it was released everybody realised that it was 90% from 5 version, so, nothing really new. It's like the old with a new clothes.

Never pre-order something BEFORE listen the sound. Never buy anything BEFORE test it. A lot of users want a refund or are unhappy with GR6 becasue they realised that they have paid for a product that they have already owned. In addition, GR6 has no support to MIDI Controller and has no Live Performance anymore... so, they have paid for the same product and got the things worse.

But, with AT5 is a little different, we'll have a custom IR loader, a resizeable GUI and the VIR. I think it worth the upgrade. I confess that AT5 custom IR loader worth the upgrade, it'll be by far the best and more efficient guitar suite, far better than Guitar Rig 6 that even after 10 years don't have at least a decent guitar IR loader, which we'll have in AT5.

But the price... this is not a fair price for those users who bought AT4 MAX, for example. I used to think that only Native Instruments had been taking bad decisions, regarding price policy, but I was wrong, definitely. In fact, it's the same AT4 but with this new VIR technology.

But the price, it's definitely a worst decision they've made. Just my opinion, though.

Sorry, ikalamazoo you are quoting an incorrect statement from @apesma1. If you already own AT4MAX and the extra collections as they say, you do not have to upgrade/crossgrade to AT5MAX. You can upgrade to AT5 and the gear you already own will be usable in it.

Sorry, understand. I've read a lot in the forum and in the AT5 page. Now I know that everything from AT4 can run in AT5 CS. So, there's no need to buy AT5 if you already own AT4 MAX because everything can be activated and used in AT5 CS. Right?

So, people who already own AT4 MAX don't even care about to spend more money buying AT5 becasue they can use the gear in AT5 CS and get all features like VIR and custom IR Loader in Custom Shop version.
ikalamazoo

Postby garfy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:51 pm

ikalamazoo wrote:So, people who already own AT4 MAX don't even care about to spend more money buying AT5 becasue they can use the gear in AT5 CS and get all features like VIR and custom IR Loader in Custom Shop version.

No, that's not what I said.

garfy wrote:You can upgrade to AT5 and the gear you already own will be usable in it.

AT5 is the full/standard version. AT5CS is the free custom shop version. AT5CS will not have the new features such as VIR etc or any of the new gear.
garfy

Postby jstyork » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:58 pm

This UI looks stunning!
Is there a release date?

My one trepidation is, when looking through amps, stomps, mics, presets etc, am I going to see items that I don't own? This is a major issue for me and something that I just can't tolerate. I do hope they didn't implement this intrusive workflow killer into AT5...

Otherwise it looks like a fantastic update -
jstyork

Postby garfy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:03 pm

jstyork wrote:Is there a release date?

Not an official date yet, but Q4 2020...which we're one month into with two months to go, so pretty soon.

jstyork wrote:am I going to see items that I don't own?

No word on that yet.
garfy

Postby idflyfish » Fri Oct 30, 2020 4:59 pm

Pre-ordered! Can't wait.
idflyfish

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:04 pm

neil.cummins1 wrote:Thanks a lot Peter.

Just on a more technical note,do you have any idea if the added functionality such as the VIR cabinet modelling and other improvements make the new version more CPU intensive compared to A4?

Regards,

Neil

I do not have a gold build so I can't comment on resource usage yet but it will fall within the posted specs and run well within those.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:06 pm

ambrs57 wrote:What about migrating our presets? How will this work?

We will have more specific information about how you will migrate your presets toward the release. Thank you.
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:09 pm

garfy wrote:
garrettendi wrote: I'm also able to use 2 mics at the same time in 4 CS. Can I just confirm that will also be the case in 5 CS with my gear packs?

I would presume the functionality of AT5CS will be similar to AT4CS, but I do not have a definitive answer on that one I'm afraid.

@Peter_IK may be able to confirm or deny. Bear in mind though that installing AT5CS will not overwrite your installation of AT4CS, so if 5 doesn't do what you want it to you can continue to use 4 instead.

We will have more information about the specifics of what functionality is included with AmpliTube 5 CS soon. Stay tuned. For full features you will want to choose AmpliTube 5 SE, 5, or MAX.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby garrettendi » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:05 pm

Peter_IK wrote:We will have more information about the specifics of what functionality is included with AmpliTube 5 CS soon. Stay tuned. For full features you will want to choose AmpliTube 5 SE, 5, or MAX.

Thanks Peter. I'd also ask whether I can still use the Behringer FCB1010 with MIDI Learn in 5 CS as in 4 CS, but I guess I'll need to wait for the specifics for that as well?
garrettendi

Postby Black-Viper75 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:21 pm

I've got Amplitube 4 Deluxe and I've purchased a lot of the collections, can I upgraded to the SE version and still have all my A4 gear transferred over?
Black-Viper75

Postby sotsogm » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:23 pm

Any hesitation I had about pre-ordering was abated by realizing I could use my bank of JamPoints on top of the preorder discount.

I'm cautiously excited. It looks like you guys have responded to a whole load of users' wish list items with this release. Thank you.
sotsogm

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:46 pm

Black-Viper75 wrote:I've got Amplitube 4 Deluxe and I've purchased a lot of the collections, can I upgraded to the SE version and still have all my A4 gear transferred over?

Yes. Your AmpliTube 4 gear will work in AmplITube 5 SE and AmpliTube 5 SE has the full functionality/features of AmpliTube 5 so you should be very happy there!
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:48 pm

sotsogm wrote:Any hesitation I had about pre-ordering was abated by realizing I could use my bank of JamPoints on top of the preorder discount.

I'm cautiously excited. It looks like you guys have responded to a whole load of users' wish list items with this release. Thank you.

Thank you and based off of feedback from some very high profile folks, I think you'll have the same WOW experience they relayed to us. :D
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby jstyork » Fri Oct 30, 2020 7:52 pm

Hi Peter,

Could you comment on wether or not unowned gear will show up in the various browsers. The drag and dropping of amps, cabs, and mics looks fantastic. I'm preying they won't be filled with greyed out pieces of gear I don't own...

Thanks
jstyork

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling