Presenting AmpliTube 5

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Re: Presenting AmpliTube 5

Postby smata65 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:26 pm

Will new features (not amps, cabs, etc) be available on Amplitube 5 CS? only some? or only on paid (SE and higher) versions?

- Cabinet section with VIR and impulse loader
- Scalable GUI
- Freely configurable signal chain
- New mixer
- Remastered classic gear (Of the collections you already own)
- New Rack FX from T-Racks
smata65

Postby ambrs57 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 3:47 am

What about migrating our presets? How will this work?
ambrs57

Postby Paul_R » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:35 am

bosone wrote:does amplitube 5 finally support stereo guitar tracks using a SINGLE stereo amp?

or will i need AGAIN to load and tweak TWO separate amp settings for the L and R tracks of my metal rythm guitar?

to be clearer:

i have two identical rythm tracks: one on the left channel and one on the right channel.
right now, with amplitube 4 i have to load two separate amps and tweak SEPARATELY each of their settings, eventually with copy/paste.
this is NOT convenient to sculpt the sound of a stereo track.

what it is needed is a STEREO amp: you feed it with L and R signal and it processes them in STEREO.

it is exaclty what guitar rig is doing since its birth, but for some reason at IK multimedia they do not understand this need. maybe it's me and my willing to work in a smart way, i don't know.

Actually No - for dual amp tones, the 2 amps should be sepaeate with completely separate settings as IK has desigjned it - this is the most flexible design, and is the way dual amp designs are implemented in pro level modellers. A great stereo guitar tone comes from having two similar but different amps / amp settings on either side.
Paul_R

Postby neil.cummins1 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:05 am

Thanks a lot Peter.

Just on a more technical note,do you have any idea if the added functionality such as the VIR cabinet modelling and other improvements make the new version more CPU intensive compared to A4?

Regards,

Neil
neil.cummins1

Postby dancairney » Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:32 am

Why the complaints? For $300 you used to get a single amp, no fx, no nothing. Can't we just be utterly blown away by this incredible value?
On the technical side has a feature been added to Amplitube 5 so we can our load and run our old favorite external vst's inside the process chain like revalver and Axiom do? Would really like to see this. Thanks again for the great new interface (looks MUCH more streamlined) and have already ordered 5 max. Now, about that Modoguitar......?
dancairney

Postby garrettendi » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:05 am

[mod redacted - please read the rules, specifically about moderation]

I got the free Amplitube Metal pack earlier this year, which I use with Amplitube 4 CS. Will Amplitube 5 CS have those gear in as a free upgrade or will I have to purchase a new Metal pack?

Thanks!
garrettendi

Postby bosone » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:36 am

Paul_R wrote:
bosone wrote:does amplitube 5 finally support stereo guitar tracks using a SINGLE stereo amp?

or will i need AGAIN to load and tweak TWO separate amp settings for the L and R tracks of my metal rythm guitar?

to be clearer:

i have two identical rythm tracks: one on the left channel and one on the right channel.
right now, with amplitube 4 i have to load two separate amps and tweak SEPARATELY each of their settings, eventually with copy/paste.
this is NOT convenient to sculpt the sound of a stereo track.

what it is needed is a STEREO amp: you feed it with L and R signal and it processes them in STEREO.

it is exaclty what guitar rig is doing since its birth, but for some reason at IK multimedia they do not understand this need. maybe it's me and my willing to work in a smart way, i don't know.

Actually No - for dual amp tones, the 2 amps should be sepaeate with completely separate settings as IK has desigjned it - this is the most flexible design, and is the way dual amp designs are implemented in pro level modellers. A great stereo guitar tone comes from having two similar but different amps / amp settings on either side.

well, a LINK function betwen the two setups in the stereo chain would be really appreciate and would speed up tweaking a lot. I'm asking this since years but it was unheard... i'm honestly very surprised by its absence :-(
bosone

Postby Mrscratchnl » Fri Oct 30, 2020 11:48 am

Hi team,

It is still a bit confusing for me what I should buy.

I have Amplitube 4 Max and I do not need the other 7 packages.

However I want to use all my MAX stuff.

What upgrade is necessary for me?
Mrscratchnl

Postby garfy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:08 pm

Hello Mrscratchni and welcome to the forums.

Mrscratchnl wrote:I have Amplitube 4 Max and I do not need the other 7 packages

If you buy AT5SE you will get the new features such as the UI, IR etc.

If you buy AT5 you will get the features plus the new gear.

Your AT4MAX gear will work in either of these versions.

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby garfy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:13 pm

garrettendi wrote:I got the free Amplitube Metal pack earlier this year, which I use with Amplitube 4 CS. Will Amplitube 5 CS have those gear in as a free upgrade or will I have to purchase a new Metal pack?

Thanks!

Yes, gear you already own will be usable in AT5CS.
garfy

Postby garrettendi » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:22 pm

garfy wrote:Yes, gear you already own will be usable in AT5CS.

Thanks garfy. Due to Amplitube Metal I'm also able to use 2 mics at the same time in 4 CS. Can I just confirm that will also be the case in 5 CS with my gear packs?
garrettendi

Postby garfy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:28 pm

garrettendi wrote: I'm also able to use 2 mics at the same time in 4 CS. Can I just confirm that will also be the case in 5 CS with my gear packs?

I would presume the functionality of AT5CS will be similar to AT4CS, but I do not have a definitive answer on that one I'm afraid.

@Peter_IK may be able to confirm or deny. Bear in mind though that installing AT5CS will not overwrite your installation of AT4CS, so if 5 doesn't do what you want it to you can continue to use 4 instead.
garfy

Postby Mrscratchnl » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:44 pm

garfy wrote:Hello Mrscratchni and welcome to the forums.

Mrscratchnl wrote:I have Amplitube 4 Max and I do not need the other 7 packages

If you buy AT5SE you will get the new features such as the UI, IR etc.

If you buy AT5 you will get the features plus the new gear.

Your AT4MAX gear will work in either of these versions.

Hope that helps.

Not yet. What specific new gear am I missing at AT5 or AT5MAX compared to my AT4MAX version?

I want to understand if it is worth it to buy AT5 or the AT5MAX and prevent to buy some gear 'twice' as it is also included in AT5 / MAX.

I think clarification is really helpful for people like me whom have no idea how to upgrade and what is 'worth' it.
Mrscratchnl

Postby garfy » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:08 pm

Mrscratchnl wrote:What specific new gear am I missing at AT5 or AT5MAX compared to my AT4MAX version?

In AT5, the new gear you get can be found here: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/a ... s#whatsnew by scrolling down to the section that says "New Gear." The gear you already own will be usable in AT5.

AT5MAX is AT5 plus everything included in AT4MAX, plus the 7 gear packs released since (Satriani, Brian May, Dimebag Darrell, Fender 2, Fulltone, SVX2 and Leslie). If you bought the packs separately that would cost you approx €730.
garfy

Postby ikalamazoo » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:16 pm

apesma1 wrote:
So, please let me get this straight. If I own A4 Max with Extra Collections already purchased, and I want to upgrade/crossgrade to A5 Max, I have to pay an additional $299 for that opportunity?

AmpliTube 5 MAX Upgrade (Download Only)
$299.99

That's the business. NI did the same with GR6. A lot of people bought in pre-order and when it was released everybody realised that it was 90% from 5 version, so, nothing really new. It's like the old with a new clothes.

Never pre-order something BEFORE listen the sound. Never buy anything BEFORE test it. A lot of users want a refund or are unhappy with GR6 becasue they realised that they have paid for a product that they have already owned. In addition, GR6 has no support to MIDI Controller and has no Live Performance anymore... so, they have paid for the same product and got the things worse.

But, with AT5 is a little different, we'll have a custom IR loader, a resizeable GUI and the VIR. I think it worth the upgrade. I confess that AT5 custom IR loader worth the upgrade, it'll be by far the best and more efficient guitar suite, far better than Guitar Rig 6 that even after 10 years don't have at least a decent guitar IR loader, which we'll have in AT5.

But the price... this is not a fair price for those users who bought AT4 MAX, for example. I used to think that only Native Instruments had been taking bad decisions, regarding price policy, but I was wrong, definitely. In fact, it's the same AT4 but with this new VIR technology.

But the price, it's definitely a worst decision they've made. Just my opinion, though.
ikalamazoo

PreviousNext

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling