Official IK Product Manager Wishlist

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Official IK Product Manager Wishlist

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Aug 18, 2020 5:59 pm

This will be the official thread for IK Product Manager feature requests. Please post any feature requests here. This will help make sure all posts are laid out in an organized thread keeping your voices is heard.

Before posting, make sure to check that your idea/request is not an issue/support request. Those and other off-topic posts will be removed from the thread.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Feature request and suggestion

Postby ikalamazoo » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:40 pm

Suggestions to be added or improved in further versions of Product Manager:

1) Would be nice add a feature to DEauthorize single modules instead of ONLY the CUSTOM SHOP version of the product.

* Nowadays we can’t DEauthorize single products like T-Racks One or AmpliTube SVX/Metal. They run in and are authorized as part of T-RackS or AmpliTube, but if you DEauthorize in Product Manager you will waste 1 authorization of the single module since the single module will not be synced in DEauthorization process, only the CUSTOM SHOP version. So, if you have T Racks One 9 authorizations left and T Racks Custom Shop 9 authorizations left, after a DEauthorization process you will have T Racks One 9 authorizations left and T Racks Custom Shop 10 authorizations left.

2) Would be nice add a feature to manage past authorizations and DELETE them to keep our authorizations limit organized.

* Nowadays we can only DEauthorize a product IF the product manager was installed on that machine, so, you have not a REAL management hability, you can only manage the machine you have Product Manage installed.

3) Would be nice to add a feature to REALLY sync what happens in Produc Manager with you profile page on the website.

* Nowadays there are a lot of problems syncing the software you own, for example, you can DEauthorize T-Racks, Amplitube or Sample Tank CS, but you CAN'T DEauthorize a separate module from these products, like T-Racks One, Amplitube Metal or Amplitube SVX. The app does not sync with your account and your authorizations remain wasted. So, if you have 4 authorizations for Amplitube Metal or 3 for Amplitube SVX, for example, you CAN'T DEauthorize these 4 or 3 past authorizations. You only can DEauthorize the Custom Shop or a single product like Miro2 CE or Full Edition in a machine you have Product Manager installed.
ikalamazoo

Re: Official IK Product Manager Wishlist

Postby supanorton » Sat Aug 22, 2020 1:03 pm

I would like the ability to reinstall a product if necessary. Right now, The Product Manager sees that the product is installed and doesn't have an option for a reinstall. Been working on this issue with support for three days. There should always be a reinstall option.
supanorton

Postby jdtay2 » Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:12 am

I would love a feature to uninstall products.

I have also had difficulty un-installing and re-installing a product since using IK Product Manager. Unfortunately, none of my IK products are working since using IK Product Manager so it would be great if I could un-install everything and start again.
jdtay2

Postby DarkStar » Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:12 pm

A new choice of "Remove download" on the "... More options" menu would be handy.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby grem » Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:40 pm

1. Ability to direct PM to sounds that are already d/l and install them.
>>I have all my sounds d/l and backed up. Even if I put these sounds in PM D/L folder it still wants to d/l the sounds. This is not good for reinstalls and when the sounds d/l is expired.

2. Ability to show all products owned.
>>I have ST 2, 3, 4. Lots of older stuff in the Amplitube line. I would like the option to d/l and install the version I want. IOW, I really like ST3 and it has a much smaller foot print than ST4 which makes it ideal for my Surface Pro (or other laptops) with limited disk space.
>>Same with Miroslav 2 CE, and the other MODO's.
grem

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 29, 2020 2:11 pm

For the Sounds Libraries. for those users with limited disk space:
01. the ability to download / install individual files (or groups of files) at a time.

02. no single download file to be more than 8 (?) GB.

03. A "download only" choice (e.g. for installation on an offline system).

Generally:
04. Let us download / install older product versions too (in case the new version plays up).

05. For product update installs, remember the plug-in location that was used previously (it defaults to .../Steinberg/VSTplug-ins here.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby ikalamazoo » Thu Oct 29, 2020 2:15 pm

There's a lot of products that we don't even want to use, some users just want to use specific products that they own.

1) Add a button to HIDE unwanted products shown.

When we log into Custom Shop IK Product Manager automatically AUTHORIZE the product. T-Racks, Amplitube or SampleTank.

2) STOP to automatically AUTHORIZE products when logged in Custom Shop.
ikalamazoo

Postby DarkStar » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:38 pm

A "Download only" option.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby meingottwalter » Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:14 am

Please make PM behave more intuitive when the download folder is not accessible, e.g. when it is on a disconnected external disk, such as:
1. Give me an error message when trying to download or update software, and
2. Let me change the download folder in the settings window
meingottwalter

Postby meingottwalter » Mon Dec 07, 2020 9:37 am

After I add a single PlugIn to an existing suite, PM will inform me that the new PlugIn is successfully registered. This is fine.

Please also add a remark like "WX is part of YZ suite. No need to get an installer. Just make sure XY is up to date".

Example: "You sucessfully registered Sunset Studio Reverb, Serial number 12345. Sunset Studio Reverb ist part of T-RackS 5 suite. No need to get an installer. Just make sure T-RackS is up to date".
meingottwalter

Postby MR4Y » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:47 am

- The product manager seems to be extremelly impatient with the installation attempts, especially on certain downloads like T-Racks, where it will, somehow, attempt to install up to 5 times before the UAC finally shows up. Why not just show a dialog indicating that the installer is extracting files or something like that.

- Going from the stuff up there, why aren't the installations automated? If I have to click the stuff manually for each install ("baby the installation"), what's the point of even having a manager just to download the software to begin with? Why not have the user select which plugin formats they want to install and where in the settings then have the installer do everything from that data? If the download takes a while and the user decides to walk away from the PC, there's an extremely high chance that the installation will fail if the user is not there to confirm UAC and it would be a pain in the neck for someone wanting to download and install multiple products sequencially, as the manager ties them to the machine to manually install everything, once again, defeating the purpose of a product manager.
MR4Y

Postby mistheria » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:29 pm

I suggest also a "Remove Setup Files After Installation" option in the IK Product Manager.
Thank you.
mistheria

Postby DarkStar » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:03 pm

mistheria wrote:I suggest also a "Remove Setup Files After Installation" option in the IK Product Manager.
Thank you.

With a BIG reminder to make a back-up copy first.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby mistheria » Thu Dec 31, 2020 12:43 pm

DarkStar wrote:
mistheria wrote:I suggest also a "Remove Setup Files After Installation" option in the IK Product Manager.
Thank you.

With a BIG reminder to make a back-up copy first.

Exactly, especially for sound libraries that have a limited time for downloading.
mistheria

Next

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools