Wah pedal control

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Wah pedal control

Postby Yusuf95 » Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:22 pm

Hello,

I've bought amplitube 4 and iRig HD 2 but can't seem to use the pedals...I don't mind playing and recording then using the pedals to edit my recording but don't know how to actually get these pedals to work without purchasing a separate bit of kit....help would be greatly appreciated
Yusuf95

Re: Wah pedal control

Postby garfy » Thu Oct 15, 2020 10:32 am

Hi Yusuf95 and welcome to the forum.

I don't quite understand what you mean. Do you mean that you can't get them to switch on/off in the software or that you want some kind of external control over the pedals?

Can you clarify what you want to do and we should be able to help.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby Yusuf95 » Thu Oct 15, 2020 6:03 pm

I mean that amplitube 4 has a wah pedal and I can toggle it forward and backwards with my mouse but I don't have any external way to control it during recording, so is it possible I can do this after recording with my mouse in amplitube 4? Someone said I need a DAW but I don't know what that is and I really don't want to buy more equipment or software, I've already spent a fair bit getting iRig HD2 and the amplitube 4 software it should be self sufficient or the DAW should be free...

Thank you :)
Yusuf95

Postby garfy » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:13 pm

Ahh, yes that's much clearer thank you.

Unfortunately, the audio recorder in AT4 does not record any automation data as far as I can tell and it is not mentioned in the user guide.

I would suggest having a look at the Official AmpliTube Wishlist here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=19889" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and adding your suggestion if it is not already there.

At the moment you will need a DAW to record the automation data from AT4, but you can get free versions of most of the major ones. If you have a Mac you will find that GarageBand is already installed and can do what you need. If you are on Windows, then the free version of Cakewalk by Bandlab is getting a lot of good press. Here's a link to an article about free DAWS https://thehomerecordings.com/free-daw/

Hope that helps.
System Specs: 2012 Mac Mini 2.6 i7 & 2015 MBP 2.2 i7, 16GB RAM
macOS10.15.7 Logic 10.6.1 Reason 11
Various IK, NI, Waves, Softube, Eventide, XLN software
Focusrite 18i20 x 2, Novation ReMote 25SL
garfy

Postby sotsogm » Sun Oct 18, 2020 4:17 am

If I understand the question, your other options include using a wah with an autowah function or to use a MIDI expression pedal (I'm using a cheap but useful Moog EP-3, plugged into my AXE I/O).

If I've misunderstood the question, my apologies for taking up your time. Good luck and hope you get it sorted.
sotsogm

Postby supanorton » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:37 am

Yusuf95 wrote:I mean that amplitube 4 has a wah pedal and I can toggle it forward and backwards with my mouse but I don't have any external way to control it during recording, so is it possible I can do this after recording with my mouse in amplitube 4? Someone said I need a DAW but I don't know what that is and I really don't want to buy more equipment or software, I've already spent a fair bit getting iRig HD2 and the amplitube 4 software it should be self sufficient or the DAW should be free...

Thank you :)

If you own a conventional wah pedal (Vox, Crybaby, etc.), you can just put it between your guitar and your iRig HD2, and record it the old fashioned way. It works great.
supanorton

Postby DarenKoulie » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:31 pm

I had the same situation. Finally, I bought a digital audio workstation (DAW). Also, must admit that I'm a big fan of pedals, have a huge collection.
DarenKoulie

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling