Syntronik Deluxe Sounds won't get authorized

IK Product Manager, Lurssen Mastering Console, CSR (Classik Studio Reverb), and acoustic correction system ARC (Advanced Room Correction) System

Syntronik Deluxe Sounds won't get authorized

Postby jadoth » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:32 pm

Hello, I installed the Syntronik library on a different disk due to its size and then I had issues with Sampletank 3 saying it needs to be all in one place. So I reinstalled Syntronik and copied the samples into the main IK Multimedia samples folder. Now the sounds do not authorize when I try to use the standalone Syntronik. How do I solve this?
jadoth

Re: Syntronik Deluxe Sounds won't get authorized

Postby DarkStar » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:06 pm

The Syntronik Sounds Library is normally installed into the main SampleTank 3 ("ST3") sounds library. That is done so that ST3 can load the Syntronik instruments (and those of Philharmonik 2, if installed) as well as its own.

The programs share a common library disk path.

You will need to change the disk path in Syntronik's preferences to be the same as that in ST3.

PS You will need more than just the files from the Samples folder copied into the ST3 library.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby jadoth » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:56 pm

Well, Syntronik is working when I open its libraries with Sampletank 4. When I use the standalone version (with or without a DAW) it says:

Authorization. Selected sound is not authorized. Please launch Authorization Manager and insert product serial number to authorize.

Doing that did not help though.
jadoth

Postby jadoth » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:00 pm

Nevermind, case closed. I got it to work, finally :lol:
jadoth

Postby DarkStar » Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:28 pm

Good oh :). To help others who run into a similar-looking problem can you let us know what the problem was and how you fixed it?
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jadoth » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:19 pm

I gave Syntronik various folder destinations until it finally loaded the database again and then it was loading patches again without asking for authorizations.

I think the whole sample organizing thing between ST3 and ST4 could be a bit tidier. I lost track of it when installing the whole package (Syntronik Deluxe, ST4 Max, Miroslav 2), and unfortunately projects with ST3 now will not load properly anymore. I thought ST4 was backward compatible. Overall the product manager is a great addition though and it helps to have an overview of it all.
jadoth

Postby DarkStar » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:37 pm

The ST4 library should be completely separate from the ST3 (including the MP2 and Syntronik and Imported and Legacy instruments) library.

ST3, Syntronik and MP2 all reference the same library path. As I mentioned above, this is so that ST3 can also load the Syntronik and MP2 instruments. The path is only stored in one place (on Windows, it is in the Registry) and is accessed by all three products.

Also, have a look at this FAQ: https://www.ikmultimedia.com/faq/index.php?id=1239
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby jadoth » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:49 pm

I gave up when I was told to buy downloading rights for Miroslav 1 which is absurd when I just bought Miroslav 2 which contains all the samples. I may have the DVDs or CDs for Miroslav 1 somewhere but I do not have access to my non-cloudish archives at the moment.
jadoth

Return to Other Music Production Software & Tools