Issues with Sampletank 3 and earlier - but in ST4?

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Issues with Sampletank 3 and earlier - but in ST4?

Postby anilnc » Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:01 am

Hi

I had been having some issues with ST 2.5 and then upgraded to ST3. The main issue was loops not syncing to the tempo of DAW. While in ST3 there were new loops that were labelled with tempo numbers, the sync function was not working with the Xtank instruments.

Recently I noticed that even the loops that came with ST3 are not labelled in correct tempo and the SYNC is not working. I use mostly AD2 and other kits from ST3 but for doing quick low budget projects this feature is very useful. Especially with the quality of ST3 loops. Unfortunately I am unable to use them.

Another issue is some Guitar patches in the Acoustic Guitar instrument pack are having some artifacts and uses a lot of CPU/gives some issues that I forgot now. I remember sending a request to support regarding this but they couldn't reproduce. But I just stopped using these since then.

Then in some Ethnic instruments such as dulcimer and santur, there are some off-pitched samples either in one or two of the round-robin samples or entirely in some keys (eg. A#3 and B3 in Dulcimer long). There is in some samples artifacts.

The main reason I upgraded from 2.5 to 3 was 64bit and for the additional sounds and the large GUI.

Has it been addressed in ST4? Then I will be convinced to buy the upgrade.
ST4, Syn2, Syn1, iLoud Micro
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
Cubase 12, RME UCX, MSI 1050gtx GamingX 2G, Nektar P4, PadKontrol
anilnc

Re: Issues with Sampletank 3 and earlier - but in ST4?

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:45 pm

Hi, these are issues that will need to be addressed via IK Support and I believe you mentioned you opened a ticket. Please continue to work with them and they will resolve any issues you have.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby anilnc » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:42 am

Hi, thanks I understand. I'm still waiting for their reply. But can't you just tell me if ST4 can sync all the loops properly?
Windows 10x64, i7 7700k 4.2ghz, 32GB RAM, 3 internal HDD, Audio and Samples, Macbook Pro 2017 i7, 16GB. macOS Monterey
anilnc

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:19 pm

anilnc wrote:Hi, thanks I understand. I'm still waiting for their reply. But can't you just tell me if ST4 can sync all the loops properly?

I assume so, I've never had noticeable problems with either SampleTank 3 or 4 with loops.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby anilnc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:58 am

Still didn't receive any reply from support.

Can you please check if the Loops in Xpansion Tank 2 World grooves are syncing to the tempo? In ST4?

As in ST2 as well as ST3 it doesn't sync. Using the sliced loops doesn't sound good as a sustained sound cuts.
anilnc

Postby anilnc » Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:30 pm

Still waiting for reply from support Peter. Hope I will be convinced and get the deal before it completes.
anilnc

Postby lozrabone » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:05 am

anilnc wrote:Still waiting for reply from support Peter. Hope I will be convinced and get the deal before it completes.

For the most part I didn't have any issues with loops in ST3. There were certain older loops from previous versions that didn't sync with the BPM but that aside I found it useful. ST4 is a whole different story. You can't import AIFF loops as it doesn't recognise the format. I've had issues importing Wavs as well. The other issue is that with the loops that ship with ST4, although they sync to the BPM, they don't sync to each other - i.e. you can't play multiple loops back to all start in sync with each other! This, imho, completely defeats the object of working with loops. The audio quality of the samples is superb but if loops are a big part of your work flow I would save your money
lozrabone

Postby anilnc » Sun Nov 08, 2020 2:50 am

Thanks.

It's just that I have those loop libraries for st3 purchased, which has construction kits. For quick work I thought it could help. But no, never it helped because of same issue you mentioned.
anilnc

Postby lozrabone » Sun Nov 08, 2020 10:31 am

anilnc wrote:Thanks.

It's just that I have those loop libraries for st3 purchased, which has construction kits. For quick work I thought it could help. But no, never it helped because of same issue you mentioned.

Yes those construction kits were great and the way you can work with Multis in ST3 was a big selling point for me. I assumed that in ST4 you could do something similar so I've been really disappointed with it. As for not recognising AIFF files I can only assume this was a coding error as its the standard format for Apple Loops. Considering the price tag on ST4 I think they dropped the ball on this one
lozrabone

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More