Hardware difference AXE I/O vs Solo

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Hardware difference AXE I/O vs Solo

Postby antoniomnewell » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:38 am

Hey there,

I'm about to purchase an Axe interface. The Solo seems to meet all my needs as I'm pretty new to the digital world and guitar recording; I don't foresee using a lot of the features for some time. That said, I'm curious if there is a quality difference in hardware between the I/O and the Solo units I should be aware of, or is it strictly a matter of features? Like, is the headphone amp the same quality between the two? Are there any even marginal differences in sound or recording quality? Does the Solo's USB power vs I/O's DC power have implications for sound? That kind of thing.

Thanks very much in advance.
antoniomnewell

Re: Hardware difference AXE I/O vs Solo

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:49 pm

Hi, it is a matter of features (number of inputs mainly) and AXE I/O Solo is purely a USB connection without any mains power necessary (even though you still have phantom power for the mic input, which is great). On top of that the external pedal/switch jacks and MIDI IN/OUT ports are still there. AXE I/O Solo is a powerhouse for the price and size, for sure.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby antoniomnewell » Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:06 am

I got the full on Axe I/O.

And it's amazing. All hail the Red Pig.
antoniomnewell

Postby Peter_IK » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:22 pm

antoniomnewell wrote:I got the full on Axe I/O.

And it's amazing. All hail the Red Pig.

It is an excellent interface. Have two of them, love them both. And now I want a custom red-face version to also hail the Red Pig.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to Interfaces & Controllers