Presets from Amplitube (iPad) to Amplitube 4 on win (or Mac)

AmpliTube TONEX, AmpliTube 5, AmpliTube Custom Shop, AmpliTube Joe Satriani, AmpliTube Brian May, MESA/Boogie®,Orange™, Fender™, Hendrix™, Metal, AmpliTube SVX, and more for Mac/PC

Presets from Amplitube (iPad) to Amplitube 4 on win (or Mac)

Postby tuttorouge » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:00 pm

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum but not new to Amplitube on Ipad.
I decided to buy the iRig i/o stomp and I love it!

I got a bunch of softwares for the pc and mac and i'm not really used to them.
I always used on Ipad to play live, and I'm really interested in recording on my pc or mac.

Is there a way to convert the xml amplitube's presets of the ipad (that I created) in the the at4p presets of the Apmlitube4?

I really want to use the same presets and I'm wondering if there is an easy way or do I have to manually.

Thanks in advance for your help and support guys!! :ugeek:
tuttorouge

Re: Presets from Amplitube (iPad) to Amplitube 4 on win (or

Postby DarkStar » Sun Apr 05, 2020 5:24 pm

Hello tuttorouge and welcome to the forum.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is raise a Support Ticket, here for some one to one investigation and help (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally). Response time is usually within 2 working days, but cut them some slack.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby stateofepicicity » Sun Apr 05, 2020 8:32 pm

Please do post the answer you receive here, because I've considered this too, and I was wondering the opposite, if presets created on PC would transfer to iPad!
stateofepicicity

Postby tuttorouge » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:21 am

Ah ok I'll open a ticket!
I didn't know if the community knew already the answer!

Once I get something I'll post it!

Cheers! :D
tuttorouge

Postby acuba777 » Sun May 03, 2020 3:23 am

so what's the answer? are we able to transfer presets between IOS and MACOS versions of Amplitube?
acuba777

Postby tuttorouge » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:39 am

I sent a ticket 1 month ago...
still no answer...

I would like to understand why the amplitube sfw cannot be crossplatform or at least have a easy cloud system to share purchased modules and presets..

It's a pity that this does not exist!!
tuttorouge

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:34 pm

That's not normal a wait. Please check your spam/junk folders for any responses. If you still don't find it please let us know your ticket number so someone can take a look.

These are completely different products on different stores/platforms so the presets are different. That is one reason there isn't sharing between the versions, just FYI as to why it doesn't exist at this time. There is no way to do a 1:1 and there are enough differences that make it something that is far from trivial to implement.

Edit - had someone look and your original ticket with this question from April was answered decisively that there is no way to convert the presets and within two days.

Your other request was sent via the generic contact form (and on September 12th, so around seven business days ago). I've relayed that to the support team but I can answer:

1. We have no news to share on this as an upcoming feature. If we do have news we will share it on our site, via our newsletter, and on social media. Your request has been relayed to the developers/product managers

2. As stated in your previous ticket, no there is currently no way to convert the presets between platforms as they are different in ways that make that currently impossible.

Thank you.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby Peter_IK » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:44 pm

acuba777 wrote:so what's the answer? are we able to transfer presets between IOS and MACOS versions of Amplitube?

See above. As OP's ticket from April was answered in a couple of days after it was submitted: There is no way to convert presets between Mac/PC and iOS versions of AmpliTube at this time.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Return to AmpliTube Guitar Amp & FX modeling