Syntronik FX lock and chain

Hammond B-3X, Syntronik, Syntronik Deluxe, SampleTank, Miroslav Philharmonik 2, SampleTron 2, and all Powered by SampleTank instruments and sounds for Mac/PC

Syntronik FX lock and chain

Postby integratron » Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:54 am

I've noticed that there is a lock icon on the bottom far left, and a chain icon on the bottom far right of the FX page of Syntronik. Does anyone know what these two icons are supposed to do? :?:
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Re: Syntronik FX lock and chain

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:57 am

User Guide 5.10 and 5.11 :)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby integratron » Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:40 pm

Thank you for your help.

Got it FX lock...page 86 makes sense.

OK cool - the chain allows the user to name an FX chain... NICE!!! :mrgreen:
Amplitube/SampleTank/Syntronik/TrackS/Steinberg UR22/Win 10 Pro/Dell XPS8700/intel i7 /TB HDD/8Gb RAM - J S Bach, the Einstein of music - Listen to D. Scarlatti and my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/
integratron

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:32 pm

I've never used it. :)

But, when I click it the row changes to a single drop-down list and button (not easy to see). Click on the button and you can save the Effects chain (into L:\IK Multimedia\SampleTank 3\Effects Presets here)
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby integratron » Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:57 pm

I was tooling around with these features this afternoon and they work perfectly... very powerful. I would say that it truly does pay to RTFM!!!! :shock:
integratron

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:09 pm

Just wait until you see how this all works in the new *(*()*()*CARRIER LOST*(*()*()*
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby integratron » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:11 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Just wait until you see how this all works in the new *(*()*()*CARRIER LOST*(*()*()*

Why do I have a feeling that this does not have anything to do with UPS or FedEx? :geek:
Perhaps AM or FM or sunken battleships???

How about a hint?? :mrgreen:
integratron

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:31 pm

integratron wrote:
Peter_IK wrote:Just wait until you see how this all works in the new *(*()*()*CARRIER LOST*(*()*()*

Why do I have a feeling that this does not have anything to do with UPS or FedEx? :geek:
Perhaps AM or FM or sunken battleships???

How about a hint?? :mrgreen:

I should figure out a better way to express an abruptly lost connection that is not quite as dated, since I'm old enough to remember actual modems :)
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby integratron » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:50 am

My first computer had a green screen, a Zylog Z80 CPU and a 10-sector, hard sector, floppy disk drive. A 16kb stick of RAM cost $350!!!!! This was a loooooooong time ago. :shock:
integratron

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:25 pm

integratron wrote:My first computer had a green screen, a Zylog Z80 CPU and a 10-sector, hard sector, floppy disk drive. A 16kb stick of RAM cost $350!!!!! This was a loooooooong time ago. :shock:

Nice. I believe my first actual computer was an Atari 800 followed by Apple ][e if I recall correctly. Ah no, I forgot I did have a TRS-80 beforehand but was quite young and didn't do much of anything "real" on it as far as programming or the like. Soon after all of those I moved to having current Apple models and IBM PC/XT models (including some clones of course) since I was hooked and was regularly attending Comdex with my father. This is why I love the series Halt and Catch Fire as it really nails a lot of aspects of the early personal computing era.

Edit - Things were certainly expensive then, too, as you point out. I recall that if I had paid retail my non-clone IBM XT had a street price higher than my first actual new car that I purchased much later in life. Luckily I started work at 14 (shhhh... I guess that may not have been exactly "legal" but I did get parental permission) at a software and hardware reseller. That was certainly a booming type of business at the time, and I am glad I got to configure some of these PCs to learn a lot at the time. That and guitar playing were about the only things I cared about back then.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby integratron » Wed Sep 16, 2020 7:27 pm

That's wild Peter! I worked for Veritechnology Electronics Corporation (Heathkit) for 11 years. It was a total blast... I saw my regional boss about once per year. We sold the Apple IIe, Lisa, Fat Mac, IIfx and others. I managed a 5,000 square-foot store in Baltimore, Md. and built almost every kit they had with the exception of short-wave radios... they were a tough build. I built the HeroOne robot (about 18 circuit boards+) and all the music/stereo hi-fi stuff.

We were going gangbusters until the big box stores hit like Computer City and CompUSA. I ended up working for them eventually until they folded.
integratron

Postby Peter_IK » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:13 pm

Sorry to hear about that. At one time I was working tech support for the mailorder division of CompUSA I hope I didn't contribute (this was much later, though). That was fun... (if you can't tell, that was slightly sarcastic).

I loved those Heathkit builds. My father taught me a lot about electronics and we did a few of those and other projects. I moved a few months ago and haven't unpacked the soldering iron just yet, but I do plan to build a stompbox or similar. Any electrical/electronics stuff I've done recently was more around the house basic wiring and such.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby integratron » Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:20 pm

So we might have been working for CompUSA at the same time. I stayed there for six years and it just got way too squirrelly for me... backstabbing and management running for their lives!! What a scream. :shock:
integratron

Return to Virtual Instruments: SampleTank, Hammond B-3X, More