Axe IO Rack mount?

AXE I/O, AXE I/O Solo, iRig Stomp I/O, Guitar and Bass Audio Interfaces/Controllers, iRig Keys I/O and the iRig Keys family of MIDI controllers

Axe IO Rack mount?

Postby sschow1 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 11:57 pm

Is there any solution for rack mounting an AxeIO?
sschow1

Re: Axe IO Rack mount?

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:33 pm

There is no official rackmount option available.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby sschow1 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:56 pm

I tell ya what, I’m so in love with how the axeio improves my guitar tone with sims, I’m thinking about using a Mac instead of my vox tonelab for gigging. But, having it rack mounted would help a lot. It’s either that or else I will attach it to my pedalboard with Velcro and then not use the usb but send line level audio from there back to my rack.
sschow1

Postby ambrs57 » Wed Sep 16, 2020 4:43 am

I've been trying to figure this out. At the moment I have it strapped to a rack shelf with zip ties. That holds it secure, but it's ugly and someone could easily cut the zip ties and take off with it. Surely there has to be a better way. Rackmounting this unit should be a no-brainer. It's my live rig going forward - velcro doesn't work so well because the bottom of the unit isn't flush with the shelf.

Maybe you guys could make a bracket of some kind as an accessory?
ambrs57

Postby Ctres » Sat May 22, 2021 9:02 am

Searching for an Axe I/O rack mount solution this morning I found this thread.

:cry:
Ctres

Postby esk1020 » Mon Feb 14, 2022 9:50 pm

Any updates to this? Would love to know if there is a mount solution of any type.
esk1020

Postby thomas.brunkard » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:48 pm

esk1020 wrote:Any updates to this? Would love to know if there is a mount solution of any type.

I'm working on it at the moment. On stage, I'm using a laptop mount for drummers with a shelf attached holding a Mac Mini and an Axe I/O. It's FAR from ideal but it's working. It means that I have to hook everything up at a gig which is a pain.

Today, I bought this half rack unit https://www.thomann.de/ie/flyht_pro_eco ... e_door.htm

To get it all to work, I'm having someone design a Mac Mini mount and a mount for the Axe I/O.

I've bought shelves too to see if there's another way.

When you take the rubber wing mounts, the AXE I/O shrinks to a perfect half rack width and 1U height. That's 222mm across, 188mm in depth and 41mm high. It will go into a half width 1U rack space.

The challenges are ventilation and securing it. I'm loathe to use velcro in case it compromises the vents at the base of the unit so hopefully a custom mount will make it all work.

I'll drop by here again when it's all done. I posted a video explaining my current set-up here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOZBkt5s51U

Check out my adventures with AmpliTube Brian May and Axe I/O here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzJ0af-klLVmUizM3dqL8g-oFwEYBTxAu
thomas.brunkard

Postby thomas.brunkard » Wed Mar 09, 2022 2:26 pm

A quick update folks.

I got some 9.5" rack shelves with venting holes, removed the wings form the Axe I/O. and put some velcro on the base. I took great care to avoid compromising the ventilation too.

Four gigs in and it works well. Set up is a lot faster!
Check out my adventures with AmpliTube Brian May and Axe I/O here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzJ0af-klLVmUizM3dqL8g-oFwEYBTxAu
thomas.brunkard

Postby thomas.brunkard » Fri Mar 11, 2022 11:57 am

SandraLewisFrin62 wrote:Things I'll be looking to add over time - kind of in preferential order:

Audio Interface - Katana is workable but not ideal - currently looking at a Scarlett 2i2

Studio Monitors - looking for good value for money here, don't need anything too big/loud/expensive

DAW - at this stage I will probably stick with Reaper, good so far and good value

Amp Sim/Plugins

New desk/chairs

Mic - for vocals and acoustic guitar (and maybe piano if my wife gets back into playing)

Midi Keyboard

Other embellishments to make it look nice etc

Tube Amp/Pedals - not sure if this is realistic for home use/small studiio but I'd like to be able to get a nice tube/pedal setup, don't always like being attached to the PC

New guitars

If you can skip the Scarlett for the Axe I/O you won't need the tube amp :)

The difference for guitar tone is night and day.
thomas.brunkard

Return to Interfaces & Controllers