Free Classic Clipper will NOT Authorize [Resolved]

Discussion about MixBox and T-RackS

Free Classic Clipper will NOT Authorize [Resolved]

Postby gmfrees » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:03 am

I cannot get the Classic Clipper plug to authorize properly. I have used IK Product Manager to register my serial number. It reports a successful registration with a green circle and check mark. I open Pro Tools. I insert the Classic Clipper on a track and I get the following message: "Model not Available. This model has not been activated. Do you wish to enter the Custom Shop now to try out or purchase this model?" If I think click "OK" it takes me to the Custom Shop. The Custom Shop shows that I purchased the plugin on 2020/09/09. There is no option to demo or buy since it is already purchased. If I then go back to the plugin in Pro Tools and click on the "Lock" icon in the lower-right corner of the plug GUI it reports the following: "This product is already authorized and is working with permanent unrestricted functionality. This is the Serial Number of your product:"

Therefore, it appears that the product is registered and authorized correctly. However, when I use the Classic Clipper in a session it inserts the white-noise blast every few seconds that usually occurs when in demo mode. Therefore, the plug is not working properly because it is acting like it is not activated.

I have closed and restarted Pro Tools. I've rebooted my computer. I've gone through the authorization process multiple times. No joy.

==> How do I fix this problem?
Last edited by gmfrees on Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gmfrees

Re: Free Classic Clipper will NOT Authorize

Postby DarkStar » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:14 pm

Hello gmfrees and welcome to the forum.

I am sorry to hear about the problems you are running into.

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
DarkStar ... interesting, if true.
Inspired by ...
DarkStar
Hero Of The Week (Moderator)

Postby Peter_IK » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:40 pm

Did you follow the instructions posted in the news? https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=f ... sicclipper (there's also a how-to video too)

If you have (which you'd use the IK Product Manager that I don't see mentioned, which is why I asked) and still have an issue the IK Support team can definitely help as mentioned.

Before you work with them you can also make sure you have the latest T-RackS installed, open Custom Shop from the Start Menu on Windows or within the Applications folder on macOS and log in then to go T-RackS then Gear --> Restore My Gear. That may resolve you issue.
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby drosebor » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:16 pm

Hello!!!! Welcome to my world I can't explain it any better than you my friend. i'm having the same exact issues downloaded everything the instructions said to do but nothing shows the product i purchased. at least you got the plugin i didn't even receive the plugin. I've always have problems with IK Multimedia products. i also have sample tank but never was able to use it.
drosebor

Postby gmfrees » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:48 pm

Thanks Peter_IK. I did follow the instructions. I registered my serial number for Classic Clipper in the IK Product Manager. It shows a successful registration. If I click the "Product" button below T_RackS 5 in the IK Product Manager it shows Classic Clipper as a registered product. I also confirmed that the Custom Shop shows that I "purchased" (though I got the product through the free offer) the product on 2020/09/09. Custom Shop does not show a "Buy" or "Demo" option for Classic Clipper because it is aware that I own it. If I go to my online IK Multimedia account and go to "My Products" page, I see the "T-RackS Classic Clipper" in my list and registered on 09-09-2020. Therefore I have confirmed every way that I know how that Classic Clipper is properly registered and activated.

Yet when I open Classic Clipper in Pro Tools it still opens with the "Model not Available" message and the plugin inserts a blast of white noise about every 10 seconds as if it is in demo mode. So it is clearly not being recognized as activated in some part of the IK ecosystem.
gmfrees

Postby DarkStar » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:23 pm

As this is primarily a user to user forum, someone-else may chime in [#]. Meanwhile, the best thing for you both to do is check the FAQs, via here. If they do not resolve the issue, there is a link to the Technical Support form, for some one to one investigation and help. Response time is usually within 2 working days (US (East Coast) Business hours, generally), but in the current circumstances please allow some more time.

[#] But please remember that the same symptoms do not necessarily mean the same problem.

And, to help others who run into a similar problem, please let us know what you did to resolve the problem.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Postby gmfrees » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:55 pm

Problem solved.

I ended up contacting IK support and they provided the solution. I'll type it here for posterity:

1. Open the IK Custom Shop app
2. Under the "Gear" pulldown menu select "Restore My Gear".

That was all that was required for a successful solution to my problem. Obviously you want to make sure you see the product that you are having trouble with in the list of plugins that is shown after selecting "Restore My Gear".

This was a simple fix and a function of Custom Shop of which I was not previously aware. Seems like a function that would be a more natural fit within the IK Product Manager app.
gmfrees

Postby Peter_IK » Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:23 pm

Peter_IK wrote:Did you follow the instructions posted in the news? https://www.ikmultimedia.com/news/?id=f ... sicclipper (there's also a how-to video too)

If you have (which you'd use the IK Product Manager that I don't see mentioned, which is why I asked) and still have an issue the IK Support team can definitely help as mentioned.

Before you work with them you can also make sure you have the latest T-RackS installed, open Custom Shop from the Start Menu on Windows or within the Applications folder on macOS and log in then to go T-RackS then Gear --> Restore My Gear. That may resolve your issue.

:D
IK Multimedia. Musicians First.
YouTube - Facebook - Twitter
Need help? Our support team will be happy to help and can be reached at this link.
From the rules: Moderator decisions are not a matter for forum discussion and are final.
Peter_IK
Kingpin

Postby gmfrees » Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:58 am

Thanks Peter_IK. Sorry I missed that instruction in your post. I was reading too fast and when I saw "Custom Shop" I said to myself, "yeah, I already went to the Custom Shop to confirm it was purchased... I don't need to do that again." Anyway, apologies for missing your instruction which would have gotten me to the solution several days sooner! :oops:
gmfrees

Re: Free Classic Clipper will NOT Authorize [Resolved]

Postby DarkStar » Tue Sep 15, 2020 11:50 am

I'm glad that you are now up and running.

------------------------
As this thread has been resolved for the original poster it will be marked as such and locked to keep the forum tidy.
  • If you are the original poster and wish to add a comment please ask a Moderator to unlock the thread.
  • If you are reading this thread because you are having similar issues or have questions of a related nature, please feel free to start a new topic.
  • Remember that similar symptoms do not mean the same problem or solution.
----------------
Inspired by ...
DarkStar

Return to Mixing & Mastering with T-RackS and MixBox